Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1083
    cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    What size monitors are you using? Mine are 8s and I haven't felt the need to get the sub... yet.
    Having never owned monitors before (I know), I went with 5s to be safe. They sound great, plenty of power, but definitely missing that ‘something’. The sub fixed that.
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Eat it Like Groceries Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

lift heavy, drink bourbon, f**k often

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by cjmadscientist View Post
    Having never owned monitors before (I know), I went with 5s to be safe. They sound great, plenty of power, but definitely missing that ‘something’. The sub fixed that.
    I reckon you'd be a fan of 8s. Yamaha HS8 is what I use.

In other news this is the closest I've heard to the real thing. Incredible.

EoR: Simon Hosford, local guy. Kemper for preamp tones into Marshall Super Lead to power a cab with Greenbacks.

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    New signal chain:

Deluxe Whammy/Drop>Polytune>Caline Pure Sky>Mooer A7 Ambient Verb>Joyo Baatsin Multi Drive>DOD Carcosa Fuzz >Behringer Super Fuzz>Mooer Black Secret>Noise Gate>Polara Reverb>Boss Chorus Ensemble

I'm "done" at this point (or so I tell myself now lol) but srs this gets me every sound I need. From here if I ever needed more shaping I'd probably be better served by moving to a Helix/Kemper/Axefx.

Only potential upgrade is the pedalboard. Proud of this homemade one but may jump to metal someday.
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

PSN: MrWhiskey24
    Peloton/HOTS/Grindr/OnlyFans: MrBourbon

lmnopotts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lmnopotts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lmnopotts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lmnopotts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lmnopotts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lmnopotts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lmnopotts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lmnopotts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lmnopotts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lmnopotts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lmnopotts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrBourbon View Post
    New signal chain:

Deluxe Whammy/Drop>Polytune>Caline Pure Sky>Mooer A7 Ambient Verb>Joyo Baatsin Multi Drive>DOD Carcosa Fuzz >Behringer Super Fuzz>Mooer Black Secret>Noise Gate>Polara Reverb>Boss Chorus Ensemble

I'm "done" at this point (or so I tell myself now lol) but srs this gets me every sound I need. From here if I ever needed more shaping I'd probably be better served by moving to a Helix/Kemper/Axefx.

Only potential upgrade is the pedalboard. Proud of this homemade one but may jump to metal someday.
    Lookin' sweet! Straight path into an amp or utilizing any in an effects loop?

I had a homemade board, then threw it away during the last move. I'm only playing at home now, I don't play live anywhere or lug gear to friend's places to play so my pedals are just sitting on the carpet in front of my amp. Though when I go down the rabbit hole of watching pedal reviews it does make me want to get a metal board too.
    MFC

My most recent log with past links: SuperPump 3.0 http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160083011

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lmnopotts View Post
    Lookin' sweet! Straight path into an amp or utilizing any in an effects loop?

I had a homemade board, then threw it away during the last move. I'm only playing at home now, I don't play live anywhere or lug gear to friend's places to play so my pedals are just sitting on the carpet in front of my amp. Though when I go down the rabbit hole of watching pedal reviews it does make me want to get a metal board too.
    No effects loop on my amp. Same, I play at home and don't gig so I don't care that much about how it looks, was more a fun project - plus I had the wood leftover from something so only cost was the velcro.
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

PSN: MrWhiskey24
    Peloton/HOTS/Grindr/OnlyFans: MrBourbon

orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ive been playing through my computer for a while. Had podfarm 2.0 for ~10 years, finally looked into what other amp sims where out there. There are A TON of free metal amp sims and impulse reponses (IRs) that are incredible.

- STL emissary (free)
    -lepou has several free amps, I really like their engl powerball sim (free)

If you are looking for some sick metal amp sims, I would check out the offerings of audio assault. Their hellbeast and Sigma amps are like $7 each right now. they come with very good IR's, as well as tube screamers & effects in their standalone packages.

If you are struggling to get a good tone w/ I would also highly recommend the "guitar tone mastery" course by chernobyl studios. worth every penny. it goes through a lot of stuff I would have never thought of on my own. it also comes with several impulse response packages that are killer.

FYI, IR's are a good 70% of your tone when playing direct. If you dont want to spend money on amp sims, it is worth your time to invest a little in some IRs.

Ive been struggling to get a good country style tone through direct input, does anyone know of some good cheap/free tweed amp sims and IRs, or a good delay/compressor sim to use? most of the delay and compressors I find have wayyyy to many settings.

Also, you can get DIRT cheap guitar accessories through aliexpress. Im talking guitar pedals/clones for $20, brass saddles, nuts, locking tuners, pots, etc.

Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is there a "correct" height for setting your guitar when standing? I like to keep it a lot higher than most professional musicians I've seen play live. I like it around the belly / lower chest area, about the same position the guitar is at when I am sitting down. I thought most people keep it low because it just looks cooler or something. Is there an advantage to having it low?

When I was younger in a band all my friends would sometimes poke fun at how high my guitar was and said stuff like I looked like I was in the beatles or something.

Is there a correct position or is it personal preference? I play worse when its lower

z4v4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) z4v4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) z4v4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) z4v4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) z4v4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) z4v4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) z4v4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) z4v4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) z4v4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) z4v4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) z4v4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Caeculus View Post
    Is there a "correct" height for setting your guitar when standing? I like to keep it a lot higher than most professional musicians I've seen play live. I like it around the belly / lower chest area, about the same position the guitar is at when I am sitting down. I thought most people keep it low because it just looks cooler or something. Is there an advantage to having it low?

When I was younger in a band all my friends would sometimes poke fun at how high my guitar was and said stuff like I looked like I was in the beatles or something.

Is there a correct position or is it personal preference? I play worse when its lower
    The height the guitar sits at when you're sitting down should not change when you stand up. That is the proper strap height. That is not sexy, though, and you'll look like the dude from Rage Against the Machine.

The correct sexy height is to have the guitar low enough that your right hand is over your cawk & balls, ala Nuno Bettencourt. This way, all of the alternate pickers in the crowd are forced to stare at your crotch all night.

If you want to transition from proper height to sexy height without disturbing your playing, then practice while standing up and move the strap an inch lower each week until your right hand is over your cawk & balls.
    Last edited by z4v4; 03-07-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    New goodies for the Tokai! Once I got the strings stretched out, I'm actually shocked at the tuning resiliency. I have a string butler ordered as I assumed the strings would be binding in the nut like crazy (Graphtech but still) but they're actually sticking in tune pretty well and despite being a floating vibrato, you can drop from E to D on the top string with just minimal pitch change on the rest of the strings. I assumed that I'd need to swap guitars on stage when going from E to D but it sounds like that's not the case.

Guitar weighs a metric ton now though.

Sig line can't be a novel

Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caeculus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anybody build pedals or amps to get your signature sound ?

http://www.guitarscience.net/tsc/marshall.htm

http://www.duncanamps.com/tsc/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BatwDYFJ9ug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZHM5BwPLRw

https://www.ampbooks.com/mobile/ampl...or/calculator/

Anybody build new devices to get new sound thats outside anything you have seen before?

I'm thinking about making something soon.
    Last edited by Caeculus; 03-07-2021 at 09:17 PM.

TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm in the market for a ceder topped acoustic right now as a knock around that I'll just lean up against the bedroom wall and pull it to strum and fingerpick. I think I've decided on getting either a Seagull or a Breedlove. I've put together a couple pros and cons of each but would like y'alls input too. I'll be going for a used one

Seagull S6

Pros - Nice wide fingerboard, Satin finish, pretty consistent as all the ones I've played have been really good, Canadian made (maybe this should be a con?)

Cons - Hideous headstock, hard to find a cutaway version, dred (I don't dislike dreds but every acoustic I have right now is a dred)

Breedlove Pursuit concert

Pros - very aesthetic, concert sized body, almost all are cutaway

Cons - thick finish, not as consistent as the ones I've played have ranged from ok to the Stradivarius of $500 guitars ( I still kick myself for not buying that damn thing at my local GC), 1 11/16 nut width
    6'2"

OMAD results: 2/15/19-235, 10/13/19-190

OHP-205 Bench- 245 Squat - 405 C&J - 245

2021 Spring cut: 195lbs starting weight

liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Shredding below

Gday M8's
    I got a new band. Havent posted in a while ( i make the Genova songs - Monkey Prick.. Genova Metallica Covers etc )
    Anyway you guys might appreciate this... some mad guitar work here by our guitarist

and for a laugh

youtube.com/liggy www.facebook.com/idiglig

orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) orangetide is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    guitar sim brah, the ReAmp package from Audio assault is fukin killer.

Multiple deizel, engl, mesa, soldano, randall, marshall amps

$40!
    Last edited by orangetide; 03-22-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Trying to strip down to basics and just play.
    Recently got one of these and it's perfect for that. Not easy to find, but worth the wait.

lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I ended up buying a used Seagull S6 from Guitar Center and it should be at my house by Thursday
    6'2"

OMAD results: 2/15/19-235, 10/13/19-190

OHP-205 Bench- 245 Squat - 405 C&J - 245

2021 Spring cut: 195lbs starting weight

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    now that I've gotten over needing only super thin or short scale necks on guitars, I'm shopping for a good ol' strat or telecaster with a bridge single coil. and I'm just completely overwhelmed by choice. I feel like I won't buy anything at this rate. I think I finally understand GAS at a fundamental level.
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    now that I've gotten over needing only super thin or short scale necks on guitars, I'm shopping for a good ol' strat or telecaster with a bridge single coil. and I'm just completely overwhelmed by choice. I feel like I won't buy anything at this rate. I think I finally understand GAS at a fundamental level.
    Get a fender player tele. You can get one used for 5-$600 that are barely touched. They play and sound great out of the box. For that price you can't go wrong. The pickups sound good but if you want an upgrade a SD Jerry Donahue in the bridge and a dimarzio twang king neck is what I recommend
    Yo vagina very sensitive

VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bignpisst View Post
    Get a fender player tele. You can get one used for 5-$600 that are barely touched. They play and sound great out of the box. For that price you can't go wrong. The pickups sound good but if you want an upgrade a SD Jerry Donahue in the bridge and a dimarzio twang king neck is what I recommend
    I'd love to get a telecaster but it's almost as if there's a rule that if it has single coils then it must be one big uncomfortable slab of wood, and if it has contours then it must have humbuckers.

I really dig Charvel necks and their tele body is super comfortable, but why tf they can't just put a single coil in the bridge?

Go Canucks Go!

bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just recieved my Schecter C-1 FR-S SLS Elite Evil Twin in the mail today.
    Literaly got to look at it for about 1 min before i had to leave for work, and work a double shift... wont get to play it until i get home around 7am...

bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Finaly got to play around with the evil twin...

I cant figure out how to put the wammy bar on... i put the bar portion into the hole, and it just slides back out...

Anyone here know what im missing... its the floyed rose 1500... i think its exclusive to schecter guitars..

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd love to get a telecaster but it's almost as if there's a rule that if it has single coils then it must be one big uncomfortable slab of wood, and if it has contours then it must have humbuckers.

I really dig Charvel necks and their tele body is super comfortable, but why tf they can't just put a single coil in the bridge?

There are no rules

Those charvels are pretty nice you could always put a single in it yourself

I have 2 teles with contours and 2 without and I really don't notice a difference as far as comfort
    Yo vagina very sensitive

with a bridge single coil
    I get the appeal of a single coil in the neck, it's a specific sound, but a low output humbucker in the bridge that almost has "scooped mids" can often get the job done only without the hum. Sounds like your mind is made up but you might be surprised.

Originally Posted by bignpisst View Post
    There are no rules

Those charvels are pretty nice you could always put a single in it yourself

I have 2 teles with contours and 2 without and I really don't notice a difference as far as comfort
    I get the appeal of a single coil in the neck, it's a specific sound, but a low output humbucker in the bridge that almost has "scooped mids" can often get the job done only without the hum. Sounds like your mind is made up but you might be surprised.
    True that. I read about this Charvel and apparently the actives they have in them can do pretty good single coil tones. Maybe I'll pull the trigger on this one and just replace the pickups if I still want dat dere noisy twang.
    Go Canucks Go!

BettaBeBoutDat is just really nice. (+1000) BettaBeBoutDat is just really nice. (+1000) BettaBeBoutDat is just really nice. (+1000) BettaBeBoutDat is just really nice. (+1000) BettaBeBoutDat is just really nice. (+1000) BettaBeBoutDat is just really nice. (+1000) BettaBeBoutDat is just really nice. (+1000) BettaBeBoutDat is just really nice. (+1000) BettaBeBoutDat is just really nice. (+1000) BettaBeBoutDat is just really nice. (+1000) BettaBeBoutDat is just really nice. (+1000)
    been re-listening to some of this, havent tried to play any of this in years got my work cut out

True that. I read about this Charvel and apparently the actives they have in them can do pretty good single coil tones. Maybe I'll pull the trigger on this one and just replace the pickups if I still want dat dere noisy twang.
    Another option would be pairing a single coil in the neck with a hotter humbucker in the bridge wired in parallel that goes to series when you pull a push-pull pot. Parallel will give you more of a twangy, lower output, scooped single coil tone and when you engage series wiring you wouldn't need to step on a mid boost/Tube Screamer, etc. So there are quite a few ways you could go. Personally I can't live with hum from single coils so low output humbuckers with a switchable treble bleed get the job done for me.

liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liggydd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Sharing here cos my guitarist rips it!
    He is using:
    Jackson King V for the rhythms and Ibanez RG for solos, amp is a mesa boogie dual rectifier mini head, strings are 11-52 Ernie ball
    youtube.com/liggy www.facebook.com/idiglig

Vertical Taco Inspector terrorgunt's Avatar
    terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just finished my Voodoo Dingbat board. Board completely powers all pedals. I have a a Pedal Power 2 Plus and X4 underneath.

Amp: Soldano HR25 and Mesa Rectocab 2x12:

Board and pedals:

Guitar -> TU-3W -> NS-2 In -> NS-2 Send -> Morley BH Wah -> SD-1 -> CS-3 -> Phase 90 -> PH-3 -> NS-2 Return -> NS-2 Out ->

Soldano In -> Soldano EL Out -> GE-7 -> BBE Sonic Stomp -> CE-5 -> DD-7 -> EH Holier Grail -> Soldano EL In -> Speaker out. Believe it or not, it's quiet! Each DC input is isolated with the Pedal Power supplies. No hum, whisper quiet. The Waza Craft TU-3W can either use buffered or true bypass. I have it buffered.

The Satchel Butthole Burner isn't connected, I just had to buy it.

Amy Coney Barrett for SCILF crew

No mask ever, not even once crew

Vertical Taco Inspector terrorgunt's Avatar
    terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) terrorgunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BettaBeBoutDat View Post
    been re-listening to some of this, havent tried to play any of this in years got my work cut out

Best stuff ever. Would love it to be remastered, and the vocals mixed out!
    Amy Coney Barrett for SCILF crew

No mask ever, not even once crew

Ended up buying ye good ol' Fender Strat with 3 single coils. a '19 Professional. sounds about right and has a great feeling neck... idk if I'll get used to the Narrow Tall frets though.
    Go Canucks Go!