Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 3591
    rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by z4v4 View Post

Dude, I'm pretty sure Dom saw that video before you were born.

That's called side-slipping, and a tonal analysis can't get any more explicit than that. It's quite literally, "Yeah, man. Now play that same shiit again, but play that shiit up a half-step, man. Yeah, that's it, man."
    Lmao, Bodhy mad because the chit he wants to smear walls with has been pushed in

Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In a preset, I can get about 8 effect blocks (not counting cab/amp) to run 8 scenes and hit about 70% running in series. It seems that blocks, even if they are inactive for a scene, still are eating up CPU space so that scene changes within a preset are gapless, I guess.

I haven't yet built a present with a bunch of chorus voices, multiplexer, and ultra-high reverbs, though. I found out that the amp, cab, and delay blocks are on the second core which isn't displayed as part of the the CPU usage meter, so maybe the single amp block pings the shiit out of that core and there's not enough room to allocate for another amp block.

Dude, I'm pretty sure Dom saw that video before you were born.

That's called side-slipping, and a tonal analysis can't get any more explicit than that. It's quite literally, "Yeah, man. Now play that same shiit again, but play that shiit up a half-step, man. Yeah, that's it, man."

Yeah, but I mean, in terms of music theory, what is going on? In terms of the rules of harmony and theory, there's nothing I'm aware of which makes sense of that. It seems it his is intentional way of playing outside that the rules of harmony don't capture.

That's what I mean, I'm not meaning a simple mechanical explanation of what Holdsworth does on the fretboard.
    Back off, Warchild.

Seriously.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Bodhy View Post
    Yeah, but I mean, in terms of music theory, what is going on?
    There is nothing really unusual about Allan's music harmonically other than his penchant for unusual voicings on guitar and he had no interest in ii-V-Is outside of None Too Soon which was mostly covers. He seemed to be drawing more from classical than jazz at times when he composed. I've said this before but when he used the Synthaxe and the same patches as his keyboardist Steve Hunt you could easily confuse the two when they were trading solos. Steve was and is on Allan's level only there are many keyboardists who can blow over complex changes while Allan stood out because he was doing it on guitar with distortion.

My introduction to Holdsworth in the 90s was a Chad Wackerman CD. Ordered the REH video direct from REH in Florida because no one seemed to want to sell it here. One sales guy when I asked got angry: "Don't have it, can't get it. Anything else?" Easy mang, show me where on the doll Allan hurt you. Then saw Allan live with that same lineup and yeah it was incredible. Got in contact with Bill DeLap, had some great conversations, and had him start building me that same guitar in the video. Lot of woodshedding took place.

People have dissected and tabbed out everything now so it's a lot easier today than it was trying to transcribe it without tools to slow it down at the same pitch and the internet to effectively "proof read" it for you. Youtubers today parroting his solos verbatim aren't more intelligent or talented than anyone back then who said "I have no idea what he's doing" like Gambale and Garsed. They've simply benefited from thousands of musicians doing the hard work over the last 30+ years breaking it down.

My advice is start with what Allan was doing diatonically first. That to me is what made him special. He could unload those sprawling symmetrical lines where his hand was like a spider crawling across the neck only to land on the perfect note when the harmony went diatonic again. If you skip that part for the more complex stuff you'll probably never "get it." It's like guitarists today with incredible facility for shredding but as soon as they have to play slow and melodically it sounds nervous and rushed.

Getting back to AH, take a song like Tullio.

Those first 4 chords of the solo are "Coltrane changes." Listen to the melody. If you've trained your ear it'll stick out like dog's balls every time they go by. Then it modulates a half step and when it goes diatonic over C# major he does that nice descending major 7th line before it modulates a minor 3rd to A Lydian and then a minor 3rd again cycling through 4ths before he jerks the TransTrem and plays that Lydian #2 line (B Harmonic minor) over the dissonant sounding F#/G. I could keep going but you get the idea. It's stunningly beautiful to my ear but at no point is anything unusual where it doesn't make sense. Unorthodox for the kind of jazz you'd hear on the radio sure, but he wasn't in a jazz quartet. He did his own thing and changed key and time as he pleased. Anyway, lord have mercy that solo is beautiful.
    Last edited by Dominik; 01-23-2024 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Added more info

Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Deep clean guitar ordered new strings and lemon oil cleaner
    Energetically will I meet enemies of the United States
    Get some
    Ernest Hemingway once said "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for" I agree with the 2nd part
    "Service members is family"
    physique: https://i.imgur.com/8d1Mct4.jpg -3
    avi is godfrd

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Been listening to a ton of the Guitar Trio with the McLaughlin Group. I'm kinda amazed that there were able to get those types of tones and speed out of steel string guitar, there is a lot more string tension.

Working on those DiMeola wrist picked percussive sextuplets - although tbh they sound a lot more like double triplets than sextuplets but I think the articulation is there.

I like this Martin so much I'm considering the 000-16.

All guitarists should be forced to learn Mediterranean Sundance.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by rollerball View Post

Starts around 8 mins in. Takes some balls getting up there with the man himself and while Al was redlining that pick the Sicilian was keeping pace on cruise control. What a beast.

Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    [youtube]OYOI38F54Qc[youtube]

Starts around 8 mins in. Takes some balls getting up there with the man himself and while Al was redlining that pick the Sicilian was keeping pace on cruise control. What a beast.
    Al D is remarkably respectful of Mancuso. Normally Al is like "kiss my axe!".

I wonder if Al switched to nylon string due to old age? Picking hard on those steel strings can be challenging.

bhicks3712 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bhicks3712 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bhicks3712 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bhicks3712 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bhicks3712 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bhicks3712 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bhicks3712 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bhicks3712 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bhicks3712 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bhicks3712 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bhicks3712 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wayne evans View Post
    mornin' bh....

Well....there's many approaches to song/composition writing.
    As a starting point, i'll ask a few questions.

1) i take it you don't sing and prefer to play instrumentals at the gigs you play? You're just playing chords and adding some melody phrasing? I am one year into playing guitar amd lesrning i wanna sing and play and write my own songs
    2) do have any knowledge at all on the language of music (some basic music theory)? No not really had music in like 3rd grade actually ganna have a singing lesson with the lady that did them
    3) do you know what chords are in any given key? No lol
    4) how long have you been playing/practicing diligently? one year everyday multiple hours
    5) how would describe your guitar playing skills as we speak? Beginner? Intermediate? Above average? Beginner wanting tl go intermediate
    6) do you have a computer with any music programs, recording software? Ya garage pro
    7) have you ever written/recorded your own original piece? Ya writien a bunch nothing crazy
    8) have you ever played with others or ever plan to?
    I played with my buddy who knows less then me and id like to play with self for now but i could ser playing with other ppl
    you ask a very broad question but i'm glad to try and get you going.
    I've developed my process in over 45+ years writing/recording which works well for me. Very nice
    what we like to do (in this context) can be a very involved process, a rabbit hole, so to speak.

Are you ready to dive in with some serious intent?

hope that helps and i didn't scare you off.

back to it.
    yo responded to your questions up above in bold thanks bruh
    Jesus gang ✝️
    God Bless You
    ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bhicks3712 View Post
    yo responded to your questions up above in bold thanks bruh
    Good mornin'....

Ha....that was a lot of questions from me but that helps me understand where you are in our music quests.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond to them.

1) Although I started playing drums in high school I gravitated to guitar also in '69 post my 4 year military picnic.That was my goal too when I started playing too because I liked creative writing.
    So....writing originals was my end goal.

2 &3) I think learning the basic language of music is an imperative. To wade in slowly, I'd suggest 1) learn what chords are in any given key and then 2) study the circle of 4ths & 5ths.
    All kinds of YT videos on these topics.
    A quick search for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Vt...nel=SeanDaniel
    The circle of 4ths/5ths helps you understand the sharps/flats within any specified key: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFe7...l=Samjamguitar

4) Good....the best process is a little focused practice every day. Doesn't have to be hours at a time but the practice should be focused, disciplined.

5) Just keep up the practice routine....it's a long road so don't be too impatient or hard on yourself in the process.

6) Cool....recording app. covered. You will likely want to graduate to a more inclusive recording app. later.

7) Just keep writing. If we want to get better at pull-ups? We do more pull-ups.
    Just keep practicing the writing process and have the discipline and focus to finish what you start.

8) Cool...you have a buddy to interact with. I'd add, always look for opportunities to surround and interact with those that are far better than yourself.
    This is where learning some basic theory will really help....those better than you will be more willing to help you along as you're able to communicate with them in the language of music..

Don't try to hurry, take it slow, this is not a sprinting event.
    We we do is not an easy path or a sprint to a goal, it's a marathon and we all have to start somewhere and adhere to our diligence to improve.
    I hope you stick with it.

Those are my recommendations according to your goal, which you can take or leave but hope that helps.
    Maybe others will chime in with their thoughts too.
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 01-25-2024 at 09:30 AM.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can’t stop playing this thing!!

Combined with the OX Stomp for better cab sim and a bit more EQ options, it’s SO good. I mean... it sounds awesome on it's own but the OX stomp unlocks SOOOO much more potential.

I did a really in depth video going through the different cabs, the 3 different amp types and all of it focused on higher gain stuff. There's enough low gain/tele/strat demos of this thing already.

Played our show this past saturday with it, the ox stomp and a jackson golden boy drive in front and it literally did everything from Tom Petty and Skynyrd to Limp Bizkit, Tool, Foo Fighters, Alice in Chains and RATM.
    Sig line can't be a novel

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Auburn RSX-S View Post
    I can’t stop playing this thing!!

Combined with the OX Stomp for better cab sim and a bit more EQ options, it’s SO good. I mean... it sounds awesome on it's own but the OX stomp unlocks SOOOO much more potential.

I did a really in depth video going through the different cabs, the 3 different amp types and all of it focused on higher gain stuff. There's enough low gain/tele/strat demos of this thing already.

Played our show this past saturday with it, the ox stomp and a jackson golden boy drive in front and it literally did everything from Tom Petty and Skynyrd to Limp Bizkit, Tool, Foo Fighters, Alice in Chains and RATM.
    Great review!

Would time-based effects work if placed between the Lion and the Ox stomp? As a kind of pseudo effects loop?

Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Auburn RSX-S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Great review!

Would time-based effects work if placed between the Lion and the Ox stomp? As a kind of pseudo effects loop?
    Yes! I've used my strymon dig, TC corona chorus and NUX Atlantic between them and they all work great.

Registered Gym Rat CherryPopinski's Avatar
    CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Waves by Guthrie Govan
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A lot cleaner/fresh with just new strings
    Energetically will I meet enemies of the United States
    Get some
    Ernest Hemingway once said "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for" I agree with the 2nd part
    "Service members is family"
    physique: https://i.imgur.com/8d1Mct4.jpg -3
    avi is godfrd

GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I want to learn a piece that I can 30 second video for my Hinge Dating Profile.

I'm at Blackbird by The Beatles proficiency. Vocal range needs to be medium.

I only know what I don't want. Nothing feminine, or love song, or morbid or sad. The vibe would be somewhat energetic or cool with lyrics that aren't creepy/twisted. Nomsayin?

I was thinking of something like Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley.

Any other suggestions?

z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GatorBoy92 View Post
    I want to learn a piece that I can 30 second video for my Hinge Dating Profile.

I'm at Blackbird by The Beatles proficiency. Vocal range needs to be medium.

I only know what I don't want. Nothing feminine, or love song, or morbid or sad. The vibe would be somewhat energetic or cool with lyrics that aren't creepy/twisted. Nomsayin?

I was thinking of something like Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley.

Any other suggestions?
    Probably better to just list you play guitar instead of posting a simp video of it.

Removing feminine, love, creepy, morbid, sad, and you're pretty much just left with instrumentals. Hallelujah seems feminine to me.

z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How about I change it to, "nothing too feminine"
    Sure. That still strikes Hallelujah from the list.

I was gonna video me singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" to my dog but the Holidays have passed, and it feels too simple that any goof could play it, I want to show some level of proficiency.
    Unless they play guitar, they won't have a clue what is or isn't proficient. They will, though, probably know if your voice sucks ass or not.

Its not a Simp video, unless you're professing how much you love this stranger you haven't met yet (I said no love songs though).
    It's still simp. Once you're working on getting your noodle wet, then you can bust out the guitar to seal the deal.

I want a song that'd make them wet.

I really like the instrumentals on Babe I'm Gonna Leave You by Led Zeppelin, but obviously the lyrics aren't appropriate for a Dating App.

I like Damien Rice instrumentals and vocal range but they're all love songs. Again, I don't want to be singing love when they'll think I haven't met them yet, or they think i'm singing a love song to someone else.

I'm not gonna pander to them either by playing Taylor Swift either, nomsayin son?
    Zep? Are you looking for chicks in their 50's?

Now fukn help me come up with a good acoustic cover for a 30 second Hinge video.
    You mean a 30 second Cringe video? Alright, alright... how about Stop this Train by Mayer?

GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Probably better to just list you play guitar instead of posting a simp video of it.

Removing feminine, love, creepy, morbid, sad, and you're pretty much just left with instrumentals. Hallelujah seems feminine to me.
    How about

Santeria by Sublime
    Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles
    Say It Ain't So by Weezer

I mean, I may want to bang Millenials and Zoomers but who wants to hear Bieber or Billie Eillish acoustic covers? Shawn Mendes and Ed Sheeran are all love songs.
    Last edited by GatorBoy92; 01-28-2024 at 02:55 PM.

JLC, have you seen this? Looks like it'd tick all the boxes for you.

https://www.two-notes.com/en/genome/

How about

Santeria by Sublime
    Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles
    Say It Ain't So by Weezer

I mean, I may want to bang Millenials and Zoomers but who wants to hear Bieber or Billie Eillish acoustic covers? Shawn Mendes and Ed Sheeran are all love songs.
    Already gave mine: Stop This Train, Mayer.

Santeria is about a guy who wants to kill his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend with his new .45. Probably not the best choice for a dating app, lol.

Here Comes the Sun is played at weddings and funerals.

Say It Ain't So is about living with alcoholic fathers.

NGD! Godin Multiac Steel HG. Sadly no longer in production. I debated between this and an A6 Ultra and preferred the look of this but eventually may also pick up a used Koa top A6 Ultra.

Actually got it last week and played 2 acoustic shows this past weekend with it. It's awesome. Plays like a slightly oversized les paul. Neck feels like a big les paul neck too. Action is low and fast. MUUUCH faster playing instrument than my Martin with the "player's neck".

It has a duncan lipstick pickup, under saddle piezo and a fishman lyric mic pickup mounted inside under the bridge and you can blend the levels of those 3 pickups as much or little as you want, 3 band EQ sliders for the piezo and a volume/tone pot for the lipstick.

Registered Gym Rat CherryPopinski's Avatar
    CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Already gave mine: Stop This Train, Mayer.

Santeria is about a guy who wants to kill his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend with his new .45. Probably not the best choice for a dating app, lol.

Here Comes the Sun is played at weddings and funerals.

Say It Ain't So is about living with alcoholic fathers.
    Lmao he picked them cause they sound nice without actually looking at the lyrics
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

Strongly considering getting a Collings. Either 0M2H or an 002H-14 fret.

7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Strongly considering getting a Collings. Either 0M2H or an 002H-14 fret.

those are like the grand daddies of acoustics, like Martins on steroids kinda thing (i think). eitherway, please report back
    Overthinking, overanalysing separates the body from the mind

Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/BJOCxpG.gif[img]

those are like the grand daddies of acoustics, like Martins on steroids kinda thing (i think). eitherway, please report back
    I chickened out. I realized that I've already spent too much money since the holidays to warrant dropping $5K on an acoustic guitar.

I did go check out some guitars today though and I might try to do the $3K range. Which is Martin territory.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My Son isn't playing this so I listed it so I listed it at $80, that sound about right? Want to make room for nylon string acoustic.

Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    My Son isn't playing this so I listed it so I listed it at $80, that sound about right? Want to make room for nylon string acoustic.
    https://reverb.com/price-guide

Go down to the box that reads what's it worth, and type the model in. Click on the item that matches the model/year, and then fill out the rest (condition, color, etc), and it will show you what people have sold it for on the site.

If you're unsure of the year/model, type the serial number into this: https://serialnumberlookup.fender.com/lookup/ and it will give the date and a link to the model which will give all the specs on the guitar.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    https://reverb.com/price-guide

Go down to the box that reads what's it worth, and type the model in. Click on the item that matches the model/year, and then fill out the rest (condition, color, etc), and it will show you what people have sold it for on the site.

If you're unsure of the year/model, type the serial number into this: https://serialnumberlookup.fender.com/lookup/ and it will give the date and a link to the model which will give all the specs on the guitar.
    Thanks I didn't get anywhere since it was manufactured in China in 94, prolly worth $40 or $50 serial is 437743.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

I'll never understand how today's lemmings are spoon fed free video content and they're still complaining. If you complain about free content on Youtube you were most likely dropped on your head at birth.