Page 67 of 120 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 3578
    rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The Charvel DK24 came in. I think the seller misrepresented the condition of the guitar to an easily noticeable degree.

Also you can see underneath the paint where the separate pieces of the body are glued, which is something I noticed in a cheap Ibanez I checked out that McShill was shilling. Like wtf is up with the separate pieces of the body not being smoothly conjoined and sanded down so there is no visible line? Cheap af. The split coil function doesn't seem to do much other than roll of the highs.

The playability of this guitar is great - low action without fret buzz and the roasted maple feels great. I really do like that Charvel speed neck carve.

So I really like the feel of this guitar but I kinda dislike the way it looks, especially the cheap joined body part lines visible underneath the paint in certain lighting. I also realize I'd rather have a better looking color. I may end up returning it and trying to get one in Chlorine Blue.

Last edited by rollerball; 03-15-2023 at 11:19 PM.

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What I would love to get is this one but just too expensive imo.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Howdy Roller....

Cool....you finally got your new axe.

Both of them have a beautiful finish although I gravitate to the
    I never played a Charvel or even owned a strat for that matter

Weekend is close and you can really get to know your new family member.

Carry on....
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Howdy Roller....

Cool....you finally got your new axe.

Both of them have a beautiful finish although I gravitate to the
    I never played a Charvel or even owned a strat for that matter

Weekend is close and you can really get to know your new family member.

Carry on....
    Thanks man. I do like the new guitar (it’s actually black, the blue one I posted is one I’m thinking of getting) but it’s in poorer condition than was advertised so I’m likely to return it.
    I admit I’m slightly hesitant though as the guitar plays really well imo.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by rollerball View Post
    The Charvel DK24 came in. I think the seller misrepresented the condition of the guitar to an easily noticeable degree.

Also you can see underneath the paint where the separate pieces of the body are glued, which is something I noticed in a cheap Ibanez I checked out that McShill was shilling. Like wtf is up with the separate pieces of the body not being smoothly conjoined and sanded down so there is no visible line? Cheap af. The split coil function doesn't seem to do much other than roll of the highs.

The playability of this guitar is great - low action without fret buzz and the roasted maple feels great. I really do like that Charvel speed neck carve.

So I really like the feel of this guitar but I kinda dislike the way it looks, especially the cheap joined body part lines visible underneath the paint in certain lighting. I also realize I'd rather have a better looking color. I may end up returning it and trying to get one in Chlorine Blue.
    Weren't you after a daily driver? Got the Suhr for special occasions and a beater for beating up every day practicing and gigging.

I keep a second car for the same purpose. Don't care where I park it or who flings their doors into it. You need a guitar like that. The nicer it looks the more you'll obsess over every dent. I mean you've already got a Suhr for that. Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Weren't you after a daily driver? Got the Suhr for special occasions and a beater for beating up every day practicing and gigging.

I keep a second car for the same purpose. Don't care where I park it or who flings their doors into it. You need a guitar like that. The nicer it looks the more you'll obsess over every dent. I mean you've already got a Suhr for that. Just my 2 cents.
    Guitars are overpriced these days. That Charvel was almost $800 after taxes and shipping - given it’s condition I feel it’s worth $550.

Even the Suhr I got was $2250 used at the time. To get one in the same condition now would probably be $3k-$4k.

It’s hard finding a beater that also performs the way I want at an appropriate price.

You’re right though, I need a beater that I won’t obsess over. But I think I need to find one that is priced accordingly.

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Guitars are overpriced these days. That Charvel was almost $800 after taxes and shipping - given it’s condition I feel it’s worth $550.

Even the Suhr I got was $2250 used at the time. To get one in the same condition now would probably be $3k-$4k.

It’s hard finding a beater that also performs the way I want at an appropriate price.

You’re right though, I need a beater that I won’t obsess over. But I think I need to find one that is priced accordingly.
    100% this. I've been looking to pickup an R9 les paul for a few years now, and the prices are insane right now (They were expensive enough before the market went nuts!)

Crazy looking at some of the guitars I bought used a few years ago... I have a few older LPCs that I could probably double what I paid if I sold them now
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have several recent Cort guitars and they all are absolutely amazing at all price points. Granted you risk getting an examples with badly cut nuts or sharp fret ends but if you find a nice one it is as nice as any guitar.

For example: https://www.thomann.de/gb/cort_g_300...ural_satin.htm
    I have a similar one and it's as good as most I own and I own several 2k+ guitars.
    Golden hands
    Illuminated miscers: ScottTil
    Agents of chaos, disorder and hate: Bodhy, Ironmanlet, ViolentZ, ItsWhatIDo, jeffl1980, BrosefMengele

Originally Posted by Woody-5 View Post
    100% this. I've been looking to pickup an R9 les paul for a few years now, and the prices are insane right now (They were expensive enough before the market went nuts!)

Crazy looking at some of the guitars I bought used a few years ago... I have a few older LPCs that I could probably double what I paid if I sold them now
    Almost $10K for this. It's beautiful, but $10K?

https://cartervintage.com/shop/gibso...XhbYv51ibZe67K

Originally Posted by brosapiens View Post
    I have several recent Cort guitars and they all are absolutely amazing at all price points. Granted you risk getting an examples with badly cut nuts or sharp fret ends but if you find a nice one it is as nice as any guitar.

For example: https://www.thomann.de/gb/cort_g_300...ural_satin.htm
    I have a similar one and it's as good as most I own and I own several 2k+ guitars.
    I was considering the Cort previously but for some reason I stopped looking at them. That's a pretty nice one. I think part of my hesitancy is not having one to check out, so I'm not sure as to how the neck feels. I'm also curious about what kind of resale status they have.

I've realized, through searching for a daily driver, is that I'm more influenced by the looks of the guitar than I previously thought. My issue with this Charvel, outside of the dings and scratches, is the visible lines where the wood is glued together on the body through the paint. It just looks so fukking cheap and terrible to me. How can I pay almost $800 for such shoddy workmanship?
    It's annoying because I actually really like the playability of the guitar, but looking at it is disappointing.

TitusVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TitusVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TitusVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TitusVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TitusVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TitusVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TitusVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TitusVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TitusVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TitusVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TitusVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just pulled my old guitar out. 3 year old strings still sounding okay.
    Everything I post is trash.

Returned the Charvel DK24. But that awesome neck is still on my mind, strongly considering saying fukk it and just bidding on this one.

https://reverb.com/item/60831865-cha...dk24-hh-2pt-cm

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Almost $10K for this. It's beautiful, but $10K?

https://cartervintage.com/shop/gibso...XhbYv51ibZe67K
    right? I played a brand new R9 in Texas last month and it was awesome, but that 6000+ price tag was too much.

They had a murphy lab one for (12K i think?). it was heavily aged, finish checks and everything. I can't imagine paying double the price just to have it look old and beat up.
    if you want the aged look, buy one and actually play it, don't sweat the buckle rash etc...

Returned the Charvel DK24. But that awesome neck is still on my mind, strongly considering saying fukk it and just bidding on this one.

https://reverb.com/item/60831865-cha...dk24-hh-2pt-cm
    Now that's gorgeous
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

Originally Posted by Woody-5 View Post
    right? I played a brand new R9 in Texas last month and it was awesome, but that 6000+ price tag was too much.

They had a murphy lab one for (12K i think?). it was heavily aged, finish checks and everything. I can't imagine paying double the price just to have it look old and beat up.
    if you want the aged look, buy one and actually play it, don't sweat the buckle rash etc...

Now that's gorgeous
    The amount of work and care go into making a guitar look beat up is kinda astounding.

It really is, I love sparkle/metallic finishes.

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anybody got a Klon pedal klone they recommend?

Thinking about getting a Stewmac build it yourself kit. The pedal itself gets some pretty good reviews

Originally Posted by bignpisst View Post

Thinking about getting a Stewmac build it yourself kit. The pedal itself gets some pretty good reviews
    Isn't the Soulfood a Klon clone?

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Isn't the Soulfood a
    Klon clone?
    Not sure I'll look into that

It looks like it is

Do you have experience with one?

Not sure I'll look into that
    It's pretty cheap and I really liked using it in front of Marshalls and Engls.

One of my faves Eric Gales solo with Corey Wong and band. Corey is pretty awesome too

https://youtu.be/vlFBm6BJebE

It's pretty cheap and I really liked using it in front of Marshalls and Engls.
    It is fairly priced for sure

Registered Gym Rat CherryPopinski's Avatar
    CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

I have a Mythos Effects Mjolnir Overdrive and a Ceriatone Centura Overdrive they both sound amazing, and the Centura actually looks similar to a real Klon.
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Isn't the Soulfood a Klon clone?
    You mean a Bad Monkey clone? lol

Originally Posted by NYPat View Post
    You mean a Bad Monkey clone? lol
    Fukking jhs pedals blowing up the fukking market and chit

NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NYPat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fukking jhs pedals blowing up the fukking market and chit
    Lmao how many people out there actually paid $500 or $600 for those? Crazy lol

Oh fukk I saw the rave about the green monkey but didn't know it was because of the Klon comparison

Oh fukk I saw the rave about the green monkey but didn't know it was because of the Klon comparison
    Isn't the klon based on the bluesbreaker?

Isn't the klon based on the bluesbreaker?
    I don't know. I only know of the Klon because of an email for the build it kits for the Stewmac version

Just like I've said about guitars. A pedal is only a sum of its parts. You can open it up and see whats in there. They do it with top secret military equipment for fukk sakes

I don't know. I only know of the Klon because of an email for the build it kits for the Stewmac version
    Me either. I started playing in college in the early 90s after watching the Led Zeppelin Song Remains the Same 73 Madison Square Garden "movie". Couldn't afford decent gear and put the guitar away after I got married and started having kids. Picked it back up last August and it's a whole new world now. Really kinda crazy how much gear there is.. I'm still trying to learn everything out there. I read this entire thread a couple of weeks ago, no idea Z4 had this much music/guitar knowledge. Some of you guys are really excellent players.

Originally Posted by NYPat View Post
    Me either. I started playing in college in the early 90s after watching the Led Zeppelin Song Remains the Same 73 Madison Square Garden "movie". Couldn't afford decent gear and put the guitar away after I got married and started having kids. Picked it back up last August and it's a whole new world now. Really kinda crazy how much gear there is.. I'm still trying to learn everything out there. I read this entire thread a couple of weeks ago, no idea Z4 had this much music/guitar knowledge. Some of you guys are really excellent players.
    I'm almost half of hundred years old now, been playing since 14. There was many years that I put it wayside and I shouldn't have and it bothers me today. I'm playing more now than I have in years. I put together a few partscasters during COVID and they are so good I just want to play them as much as possible.

I'm almost half of hundred years old now, been playing since 14. There was many years that I put it wayside and I shouldn't have and it bothers me today. I'm playing more now than I have in years. I put together a few partscasters during COVID and they are so good I just want to play them as much as possible.
    I'm enjoying it, especially now that I have disposable income lol. The problem is it's too easy to buy anything you want now. Back in the old days I was limited to what my local shop had for inventory. Now I can get whatever I want but I don't want to buy things and then regret it and order something else right after. At the same time I don't think I'll ever figure out exactly what I want.. it's good but bad at the same time lol.