Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Registered Gym Rat CherryPopinski's Avatar
    CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It's a sloppy cover lol, but pls rate/10

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    well bros, I finally caved

just ordered an Axe FX 3

can't wait to spend all my time making patches and not actually playing

this will be fun
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Eat it Like Groceries Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

lift heavy, drink bourbon, f**k often

aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cjmadscientist View Post
    well bros, I finally caved

just ordered an Axe FX 3

can't wait to spend all my time making patches and not actually playing

this will be fun
    I don't blame you, it's a great piece of gear and looks like a lot of top musicians are using it. I would buy one too if I had the money. It'd be either an Axe FX or a Kemper, especially for recording. But for now I gotta stick with what I got, a PodHD500x haha.
    Mexican Crew

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm not one to keep up much with bands and guitarists, but it's cool when two of your favorites come together:

Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    just ordered an Axe FX 3
    Awesome news.

Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    His playing around 17:30 is very Holdsworth influenced. Kiko can shred with the best of them but he's got a very deep understanding of music.

aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not one to keep up much with bands and guitarists, but it's cool when two of your favorites come together:

Definitely a fan of Kiko especially his work with Angra. Not as familiar with Andy James. Is he mainly a solo act?
    Mexican Crew

cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Fooled around with the axe for a couple of hours. Didn’t have time to make any new sounds, but damn, a lot of the presets sound like dog chit. Way too much treble.
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by aceroa View Post
    Definitely a fan of Kiko especially his work with Angra. Not as familiar with Andy James. Is he mainly a solo act?
    Yeah, I'd say Andy is best known for his solo work.

And Angra was my first favorite band. It made me real sad when Andre Matos passed away :/

Go Canucks Go!

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Fooled around with the axe for a couple of hours. Didn’t have time to make any new sounds, but damn, a lot of the presets sound like dog chit. Way too much treble.
    What monitors are you using? Those presets would be dialed in for a flat response so anything else might require some tweaking.

I'm using Yamaha HS8s which are very honest and on the Two Notes I've got the EQ cutting some 6kHz otherwise it sounds too bright.

Yeah, I'd say Andy is best known for his solo work.

And Angra was my first favorite band. It made me real sad when Andre Matos passed away :/

Damn didn't know he passed away that sucks man. Yeah Angra is a great band, probably my favorite power/prog band.
    Mexican Crew

Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    What monitors are you using? Those presets would be dialed in for a flat response so anything else might require some tweaking.

I'm using Yamaha HS8s which are very honest and on the Two Notes I've got the EQ cutting some 6kHz otherwise it sounds too bright.
    ran it through a tube power amp and 2x12, but also used some grado headphones

spike city

I really have to dig in and do some eq work

I'm excited to spend hours this weekend, but I'm also feeling a bit overwhelmed
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Hired a new guy at work not long ago and he came in wearing a fender hoodie so I had to chat him up about guitars.
    Messes around making his own pedals so he lent me a couple fuzz pedals he made to demo the weekend.
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MrBourbon View Post
    My pedalboard

Spoiler!
    If you're gonna do a board, do a BOARD!!!!

I started with this

then expanded to this..
    Last edited by ctgblue; 03-16-2020 at 12:49 PM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Y’know, John Frusciante ****ing sucks at guitar. Tired of hearing people claim he’s so good. The dude does a ****ty jimi impression and plays the same bull**** pentatonic licks over and over.
    He’s a hack and can’t play for **** compared to the pepper’s rhythm section.
    Even Dave Navarro was better than that overrated dud.

Originally Posted by rollerball View Post
    Y’know, John Frusciante ****ing sucks at guitar. Tired of hearing people claim he’s so good. The dude does a ****ty jimi impression and plays the same bull**** pentatonic licks over and over.
    You getting in more practice with all this lockdown chit going on?

jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jimi hendrix is literally John Frusciante's idol, dude. And John doesn't suck.

He was in the RHCP when he was like 18, and he composed Under the Bridge when he was 20. He's not a fuking shred-god obviously, but he doesn't claim to be. He wrote tons of tasty riffs for RHCP. One of the best rock guitarists in my book.

You sound like the kinda guy who thinks faster = better.

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You getting in more practice with all this lockdown chit going on?
    I quit guitar for awhile but now have been recently getting back into it. How about you, Dom?

Originally Posted by jimmybobjim View Post
    Jimi hendrix is literally John Frusciante's idol, dude. And John doesn't suck.
    He was in the RHCP when he was like 18, and he composed Under the Bridge when he was 20. He's not a fuking shred-god obviously, but he doesn't claim to be. He wrote tons of tasty riffs for RHCP. One of the best rock guitarists in my book.
    You sound like the kinda guy who thinks faster = better.
    David Gilmour is my favorite guitarist.
    And it's clear that Jimi is Frusciante's idol since all he does is a crappy hack version of Jimi. He even lifted part of the main Purple Haze lick and shoved it into one of the pepper's songs all proudly like he came up with it. F*ck that guy.
    And f*ck Under the Bridge while we're at it, that beginning little clean part is okay but, again, that song is way overrrated. Except for the bass part. Flea is the guy to pay attention to in that band, not Frusciante.

It's a good thing he's not a shredder because he'd suck at that too.

jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I quit guitar for awhile but now have been recently getting back into it. How about you, Dom?

David Gilmour is my favorite guitarist.
    And it's clear that Jimi is Frusciante's idol since all he does is a crappy hack version of Jimi. He even lifted part of the main Purple Haze lick and shoved it into one of the pepper's songs all proudly like he came up with it. F*ck that guy.
    And f*ck Under the Bridge while we're at it, that beginning little clean part is okay but, again, that song is way overrrated. Except for the bass part. Flea is the guy to pay attention to in that band, not Frusciante.

It's a good thing he's not a shredder because he'd suck at that too.
    Literally every guitarist has ripped off Jimi hendrix at one point.

I guess you just don't like RHCP. And yea, Under the Bridge is brilliant. It's literally just two basic major chords yet it's so special the way he plays it.

Frusciante is a beast. Got 10 minutes to kill? I know you do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mh9Q6mxFdg

John Frusciante is my favorite member of the band. He joined so young and then was caught up in all the fame and basically couldn't take it, and quit right before a huge set. He didn't want money or fame. He feels raw as an artist and I respect that.

Originally Posted by jimmybobjim View Post
    Literally every guitarist has ripped off Jimi hendrix at one point.

I guess you just don't like RHCP. And yea, Under the Bridge is brilliant. It's literally just two basic major chords yet it's so special the way he plays it.

Frusciante is a beast. Got 10 minutes to kill? I know you do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mh9Q6mxFdg

John Frusciante is my favorite member of the band. He joined so young and then was caught up in all the fame and basically couldn't take it, and quit right before a huge set. He didn't want money or fame. He feels raw as an artist and I respect that.
    That's 10 minutes of my life that have been irreparably damaged forever by watching that video. He reminds me of joachin phoenix in the Joker before he becomes the Joker.
    I like RHCP, I just try to selectively ignore the parts of the songs that Frusciante is "contributing" to.
    He quit because his drug-addled mind made it impossible for him to determine what sounds good and bad on the guitar.
    Yeah he feels raw like someone who just picked up a guitar a couple months ago.

Finally got my axe hooked up to my first ever set of studio monitors, starting to figure out how to get good tones, but it’s quite the learning curve. You can change anything.

On the other hand, listening to music through studio monitors is f**king mind blowing. I’m hearing details in songs I didn’t even know were there. I sat listening to random songs for a hour before playing a note yesterday
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

Just picked it up again today after a few weeks of trying to cram in as many workouts as possible before they shut down gyms here.

Finally got my axe hooked up to my first ever set of studio monitors, starting to figure out how to get good tones, but it’s quite the learning curve. You can change anything.

On the other hand, listening to music through studio monitors is f**king mind blowing. I’m hearing details in songs I didn’t even know were there. I sat listening to random songs for a hour before playing a note yesterday
    Which studio monitors did you settle on?

When I first got mine I listened to Thomas Newman's score in The Shawshank Redemption as the bus enters the prison. Sounded like the double bass was in the room rattling the walls.

Which studio monitors did you settle on?

When I first got mine I listened to Thomas Newman's score in The Shawshank Redemption as the bus enters the prison. Sounded like the double bass was in the room rattling the walls.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/KRK/ROK...ted-Edition.gc

Went conservative with the size, since my desk isn’t huge, but they’re huge sounding

I didn’t even get into movie soundtracks yet, I’m doing that after my morning workout; fantastic idea
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

If you still haven't, go to axe change and download a bunch of presets, most are bull**** but some are really well made with intricate chains that you can use to learn how to build your own tones.. You can also find a bunch of free cabs online but I only heard good things about professionally made IRs from guys like ML sound lab and they're not that expensive.. But obviously only worry about that after a few months of learning that chit.

Just picked it up again today after a few weeks of trying to cram in as many workouts as possible before they shut down gyms here.
    Yeah, I was burned out on guitar myself for quite a bit. But I've been getting the bug again. Better get that home-gym going, mang.

Here's a video of me trying to work on my tone at decent speeds.

Yeah, I was burned out on guitar myself for quite a bit. But I've been getting the bug again. Better get that home-gym going, mang.
    Nearly got caught out there since every meathead and his dog is buying up bars and plates. Luckily I ordered some stuff the night before the gyms got corona'd,

Even bought a 2" thick bar no one wanted which has the added benefit of blasting the forearms. When this lockdown life comes to an end I'll come out of hibernation with popeye arms like I've been fapping 24/7.

Here's a video of me trying to work on my tone at decent speeds.

Nice. You always remind me how I need to work on technique. Back in the day I used a metronome for a while to work on alternate picking speed and felt like I hit the wall and couldn't go any faster with only the wrist. Now that we're all trapped it might be time to knuckle down again and treat guitar like lifting weights training bursts of speed with a metronome and bumping it up a notch each week.

jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any tips on singing and playing at the same time?
    "There are some who do not fear death for they are more afraid of really living."-Ancient proverb

Between the buried and me

Originally Posted by jiujitsubro View Post
    I feel that this is not an easy thing to teach others. I had to learn how to sing and play somewhat complex rhythm parts for a band I was in years ago and it was not something I found initially intuitive but it's kinda similar to learning how to play drums.
    I would recommend starting off with simple songs first, both in terms of the guitar parts and the vocals.
    Also, slow the songs down and figure how the words fit rhythmically over the guitar part by the syllables.

Come As You Are, by Nirvana, is a good song to learn how to sing and play at the same time, imo. The guitar part is very specific as are are the vocal parts.

Originally Posted by jiujitsubro View Post
    I thought I'd never be able to do it, but I can actually manage some songs after some focused practice.

What I do is that I get the guitar part mechanically perfect so I don't need to think about it, then I slowly start inserting vocals on a section-to-section basis. Hardest part is coordinating the two but if your muscles already know what to do it's a lot easier to fix mistakes.
    Go Canucks Go!

Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    If you still haven't, go to axe change and download a bunch of presets, most are bull**** but some are really well made with intricate chains that you can use to learn how to build your own tones.. You can also find a bunch of free cabs online but I only heard good things about professionally made IRs from guys like ML sound lab and they're not that expensive.. But obviously only worry about that after a few months of learning that chit.
    Just started down the IR rabbit hole. So many of the stock cabs are garbage, but there’s so many to try, and others to purchase
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

Just started down the IR rabbit hole. So many of the stock cabs are garbage, but there’s so many to try, and others to purchase
    Hopefully you don't disappear down there.

I'm still using a couple of stock 4x12 IRs in stereo with a pair of CAB Ms. Two Notes is always sending emails announcing new cab packs but I spent a week or so tweaking what was already installed (trying different mics and moving them around) and a year on I haven't touched them. One Bogner 4x12 is loaded with 25W Greenbacks and the other V30s each with different power amp settings. One cab is a little brighter and the other a little darker — combine the two and it's perfect especially running in stereo. Adding reverb that attempts to replicate a cabinet in a real studio room sprinkled the magic pixie dust. The cabs then had more of that thud you get with the real thing. As for monitors the Yamaha HS8s have so much low end if I want it that I never bothered buying the sub. I'm surprised more don't use them for modeling.

There are a lot of stock cabs that don't sound great but then it all depends on the guitar>pickups>preamp tone. I'm sure they all have their place.