Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 3593
    bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Appreciate it. Can't beat that price and I like the fact they're made in the US. If I decide on single coils I'll give them a go. Played Dimarzio for a long time and liked the Chopper T (stacked humbucker) on the Kotzen.

Speaking of the Kotzen Tele it's pretty heavy being ash with a maple top and a baseball bat neck. I'd like to copy that recipe minus the fancy flame maple top. There's no tone control on that guitar which takes some getting used to.

The Kotzen has a DiMarzio twang King in the neck position wich is another favorite of mine.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Truly wonderful gesture from Zakk Wylde to a fan and Ozzy tribute band guitarist who's dealing with health issues.

It's a guitar he gigged with. You can only play so many guitars. It's a reminder of what we were put on the planet to do. Make other people's lives better.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Do any of you folks do home recording on a linux system?
    I thought I'd provide an update - I'm having a blast!

I've been getting great results with a Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 in Audacity under Ubuntu 20.04

I just got a Two Notes Captor X reactive load/attenuator/cab sim/IR loader and couldn't be happier.

This has me with a foot in both analog and modelling camps - so far the results are great! I'm running a high wattage tube amp and recording silently, but it sounds HUGE.

This week I was able to get an old synth connected to Hydrogen for programming drums by midi - this is gonna be good.

Thanks to what we have available these days, I'm using a windows VM to set up the Scarlet and the Captor X, then it's all on the linux side for recording.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Howdy all....

Just a post to keep this thread alive.

Finally finished working out the chords to very cool tune: Rio De Janeiro Blue sung by Randy Crawford.
    I'm playing my 1977 Ibanez Silver Series Tele.
    I bought from the lead player I was in a band with back 1977....got it for $275 bucka4oos during the law suit era.

I've added a rhythm guitar track to the Randy Crawford version which I think is better than the other versions.
    It's the tempo, groove and Randy's rich, sultry voice that works for me.
    It's a fun song to play along with so I figured I'd post it up in case anyone else may desire to learn it.
    (That F9 at the end vamp sure makes my arthritic fingers cry out in discomfort.)

Thanks to anyone who needed a diversion and gave it a spin.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnUlZIKArRE

Have a great weekend everyone...
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 02-19-2022 at 04:25 PM.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Howdy all....

Finally finished working out the chords to very cool tune: Rio De Janeiro Blue sung by Randy Crawford.
    I bought from the lead player I was in a band with back 1977....got it for $275 bucka4oos.

I've added a rhythm guitar track to the Randy Crawford version which I think is better than the other versions.
    It's a fun song to play along with so I figured I'd post it up in case anyone else may desire to learn it.
    (That F9 at the end vamp sure makes my arthritic fingers cry out in discomfort.)

Thanks for sharing!

Sounds great! Fantastic looking looking studio!

Love the Tele and it just so happens I'm currently Tele shopping...

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking

Thanks for sharing!

Sounds great! Fantastic looking looking studio!

Love the Tele and it just so happens I'm currently Tele shopping...
    Don't buy a tele, they must suck because I have 6

Howdy all....

I bought from the lead player I was in a band with back 1977....got it for $275 bucka4oos during the law suit era.

Cool Wayne, cool guitar too. Is the tele stock? I'd love to see some pics when you got some time

Originally Posted by bignpisst View Post
    Don't buy a tele, they must suck because I have 6
    I think I want a US vintage 60's with rosewood.

I think I want a US vintage 60's with rosewood.
    That would cost some serious jing, but I like the idea. Tho I might go with maple with something that old. I love the look of an aged maple board.

I was thinking about getting something vintage myself, be sure to come back and post pics if you do

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cool Wayne, cool guitar too. Is the tele stock? I'd love to see some pics when you got some time
    Howdy BNP....

No....the original pickup wasn't working for me.
    It was a white, rail type and it just didn't seem as responsive as I thought it should be.

So....in 1994 I had Seymore Duncans put in and they work for my purposes.
    NOTE: I don't know jack shvt about pickups.....I just use my ears.
    Everything else IS stock.

It's a a good axe and plays well.
    IMO...the Tele is the most versatile electric guitar so for just a rhythm player/song writer bottom feeder like myself....it's perfect.

You still playing?

Thanks for asking....(on spread)
    Original music:

"One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Wayne I'm fiddlefukking around right now on my fender partscaster and my little Nux amp.

Nothing serious, sip a beer play a few licks and repeat

Thanks for sharing! Sounds great! Fantastic looking looking studio! Love the Tele and it just so happens I'm currently Tele shopping...
    Mornin' J.L.C....

I thank you for giving it a spin and the kind comments.
    It was a challenging tune to get worked out and play smoothly and not too much and step on the existing instrumentation.
    It made my fingers work on those extended chords....that's for sure.

My studio isn't large...about 12x14 but it's quite adequate for my purposes.
    I downsized significantly abut 10 years ago and the equipment you see behind me is all of it.

Now it's just:
    1) Rockit 8's
    2) Tascam S1010M near fields
    3) (5) sound modules: Roland XV5080 / Roland MVS-1 / Roland MBD-1 / Proteus FX / ART SGX Nitro guitar preamp & processor.

Do you have your designated recording area?

Thanks again....have a great day....
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 02-23-2022 at 07:16 AM.
    Original music:

[QUOTE=bignpisst;1656504633]Wayne I'm fiddlefukking around right now on my fender partscaster and my little Nux amp.
    Nothing serious, sip a beer play a few licks and repeat[/QUOTE]

Ha...I hear you.

"Fiddlefukking" around is better than no fukking around.

Did you do your own partscaster too?
    As subjective as music taste is....what's your genre of preference when your 'fiddlefukkiing' around?

Back to it....
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 02-21-2022 at 06:21 PM.
    Original music:

Money Power Respect ThePump0561's Avatar
    ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    one of my favorite Vinnie Moore songs, learnin parts of it

Mornin' J.L.C....

I thank you for giving it a spin and the kind comments.
    It was a challenging tune to get worked out and play smoothly and not too much and step on the existing instrumentation.
    It made my fingers work on those extended chords....that's for sure.

My studio isn't large...about 12x14 but it's quite adequate for mu purposes.
    I downsized significantly abut 10 years ago and the equipment you see behind me is all of it.

Now it's just:
    1) Rockit 8's
    2) Tascam S1010M near fields
    3) (5) sound modules: Roland XV5080 / Roland MVS-1 / Roland MBD-1 / Proteus FX / ART SGX Nitro guitar preamp & processor.

Do you have your designated recording area?

Thanks again....have a great day....
    Thanks for the details and again for sharing your playing!

My recording area is combined with my office. The setup works really well, but getting the amp cranked up loud enough to get good sounding recordings has always been a challenge. Now with this cab simulator - that all changes!

Thanks for the details and again for sharing your playing! My recording area is combined with my office. The setup works really well, but getting the amp cranked up loud enough to get good sounding recordings has always been a challenge. Now with this cab simulator - that all changes!
    Mornin'....

Cool.
    That should keep you inspired enough to keep at it.

Do you write you own material or have your songs on a music website?

I've got this one figured out so I might do a play-along video of this one.
    Got keep my chops up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPsyA-uzgOQ

Thanks for response.....have a good one.
    Original music:

[QUOTE=Wayne Evans;1656518843]
    Wayne I'm fiddlefukking around right now on my fender partscaster and my little Nux amp.
    Nothing serious, sip a beer play a few licks and repeat[/QUOTE]

Ha...I hear you.

"Fiddlefukking" around is better than no fukking around.

Did you do your own partscaster too?
    As subjective as music taste is....what's your genre of preference when your 'fiddlefukkiing' around?

Back to it....
    Yes Wayne I have built 3 partscasters and always on the hunt for more parts to build another

I'm really a metal head and there are some amazing guitarists in the genre but I don't find many very inspiring anymore.

I've really been getting into country players Like Guthrie Trapp , Brent Mason and Vince Gill.

I'm not really a fan of country music but I love the guitar playing

[QUOTE=bignpisst;1656926413]
    Yes Wayne I have built 3 partscasters and always on the hunt for more parts to build another.
    I'm really a metal head and there are some amazing guitarists in the genre but I don't find many very inspiring anymore.

I've really been getting into country players Like Guthrie Trapp , Brent Mason and Vince Gill.

Mornin'....

Cool....another that can build their own axes...(on spread)

I'm more of a '4 on the floor'....[I]'bread and butter rock & roll['[I] kind of guy.
    That's how a couple of listeners described my writing style.

I'm not a country or metal fan but that doesn't mean their musicianship is stellar.
    Yep....Vince Gill, Brad Paisley, Brent Mason and others are great guitarists that I will never measure up.
    But....I'm just a rhythm guitarist/song writer anyway.

Oddly enough. a song I wrote some time ago (#8 on the list) called "Red Beers In Kansas" unintentionally morphed into a country song all my itself:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/de...&content=songs

Thanks for responding....have a great weekend.
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 02-26-2022 at 03:20 PM.
    Original music:

[QUOTE=bignpisst;1656926413]
    Howdy....

I got an email you had responded to my latest post but your post is not here?

Please advise....thanks
    Original music:

Paisley is a perfect example.

Great tone, plays like his nuts are on fire

Songs are stupid unoriginal

[QUOTE=Wayne Evans;1656956653]

Howdy....

I got an email you had responded to my latest post but your post is not here?

Please advise....thanks
    I replied then it got all screwed up because I'm on a new mobile. My post got mixed with your post that I quoted so I deleted it.

I'll repost later

Paisley is a perfect example. Great tone, plays like his nuts are on fire, Songs are stupid unoriginal
    Ha....I hear you.

Their great axe playing and band musicianship aside the above is how I feel about all country music.
    Perpetual cliched lyrics, predictably dull, nasal vocals....none of that genre is appealing to me.
    Brent Mason has a lot of his work included within the Band In A Box program.

Of course, all of them will happily race me to the bank.
    Nothing I write has any mass appeal and I'm quite aware of my place in the song writing world....just a bottom feeder with no lofty expectations enjoying what I do.

Song writing and coming up with chord progressions is not an easy task.
    If I can, I'm happy to help anyone here that needs some guidance.

Oh...to your original question....NO!...not a fan of red beer but I'm told it is good for hangovers.

My Youtube channel play-along covers will easily tell anyone the kind of music I like.

On a serious note, I wish all the best in their personal music endeavors.

Thanks for responding....
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 02-26-2022 at 04:00 PM.
    Original music:

jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmybobjim is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anyone else think Derek Trucks is kinda overrated? I don't post here often but just wanted to share an opinion and didn't know where else to post it. Was watching a video of this guy playing when he was like 12 years old... and I noticed he sounds EXACTLY the same today. Like, zero evolution over 30+ years or so. I just realized this guy has been playing the same thing his entire life. I mean, nothing wrong with that but I'm wondering if anyone else shares the same opinion as mine.

This week I discovered re-amping!

Oh man!

I still cannot get over how accessible great gear is these days. This stuff just didn't exist when I got my first guitar 30 years ago.

For those unfamiliar, re-amping is exactly what it sounds like, running your guitar through the amplifier "again".

"Again" is in quotes, because of the process. The way I have it set up is to plug the guitar directly into the interface, then send that raw signal out to a re-amp box which feeds my amplifier. I record both the direct (raw) guitar and the amplified tracks at the same time. The recorded raw signal can then be sent out again to another amp, or the same amp with a different cabinet, or different combinations of effects. This lets you focus on performance rather than tone and if you capture a good performance, you can use that one to make a huge sounding recording by using several amps/cabs.

It's fantastic!

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jimmybobjim View Post
    Anyone else think Derek Trucks is kinda overrated? I don't post here often but just wanted to share an opinion and didn't know where else to post it. Was watching a video of this guy playing when he was like 12 years old... and I noticed he sounds EXACTLY the same today. Like, zero evolution over 30+ years or so. I just realized this guy has been playing the same thing his entire life. I mean, nothing wrong with that but I'm wondering if anyone else shares the same opinion as mine.
    Not at all. He's developed and refined his style since he was a kid even if he was already playing slide at a high level.

This week I discovered re-amping!

Oh man!

I still cannot get over how accessible great gear is these days. This stuff just didn't exist when I got my first guitar 30 years ago.

For those unfamiliar, re-amping is exactly what it sounds like, running your guitar through the amplifier "again".

"Again" is in quotes, because of the process. The way I have it set up is to plug the guitar directly into the interface, then send that raw signal out to a re-amp box which feeds my amplifier. I record both the direct (raw) guitar and the amplified tracks at the same time. The recorded raw signal can then be sent out again to another amp, or the same amp with a different cabinet, or different combinations of effects. This lets you focus on performance rather than tone and if you capture a good performance, you can use that one to make a huge sounding recording by using several amps/cabs.

It's fantastic!
    What reamp box are you using? Went into detail about the topic back in the old thread somewhere around here if you're interested.

It makes a lot of sense to split the signal when you're tracking so you've got a dry signal to reamp later or use with plugins. One real upside is when a certain amp becomes available to you at some point you can take advantage of it with an existing take. This is what Satriani does and his long time producer designed the reamp box now sold by Radial.

Not at all. He's developed and refined his style since he was a kid even if he was already playing slide at a high level.

What reamp box are you using? Went into detail about the topic back in the old thread somewhere around here if you're interested.

It makes a lot of sense to split the signal when you're tracking so you've got a dry signal to reamp later or use with plugins. One real upside is when a certain amp becomes available to you at some point you can take advantage of it with an existing take. This is what Satriani does and his long time producer designed the reamp box now sold by Radial.
    It's so cool!

I'm using this reamp box:

and this reactive load/cab sim:

I'm running:

- guitar straight into the interface for the dry signal

- one of the interface outputs going into the reamp box

- reamp goes into my amp input

- amp goes into reactive load/cab sim

- cab sim goes back to two inputs on interface

So, playing once gives me 3 tracks (1 dry + 2 amped)

But, then I can run that dry signal back through the amp with a different cabinet or different effects.

It's so fun!

I imagine it would all be easier on Mac or Windows, but it's all working now!
    Last edited by J.L.C.; 03-02-2022 at 02:28 PM.

It's so cool!

I'm using this box:
    Awesome. That's the one John Cuniberti designed.

I think it's a really effective way to manage hiring/borrowing gear. Nail all your tracks and then reamp when it's convenient or most affordable and you can spend hours dialing tones in. It also frees you up to concentrate on your playing instead of trying to be a producer at the same time. And once the playing is out of the way you can put your producer hat on.

Another use for it is to re-record tracks with time based effects off. Guitarists love to soak everything in delay which sounds great when you're tracking but might be overkill in the mix. Reamp through your rig with effects off or dial in the desired level and then record. Gives you a lot of options.

Awesome. That's the one John Cuniberti designed.

I think it's a really effective way to manage hiring/borrowing gear. Nail all your tracks and then reamp when it's convenient or most affordable and you can spend hours dialing tones in. It also frees you up to concentrate on your playing instead of trying to be a producer at the same time. And once the playing is out of the way you can put your producer hat on.

Another use for it is to re-record tracks with time based effects off. Guitarists love to soak everything in delay which sounds great when you're tracking but might be overkill in the mix. Reamp through your rig with effects off or dial in the desired level and then record. Gives you a lot of options.
    I was away from playing for a few years, but what a great time to come back!

I'm blown away with what can be done with a simple setup and free software!

The Captor X removed all thoughts of selling my amp!

Originally Posted by jimmybobjim View Post
    I think he's very underrated, and I think he's evolved quite a bit since he first came out. Every time I hear him I wonder why I don't listen to him every day

I don't play much slide myself but I think he might be the best slide player ever

Irrelevant to YOUR succes chino3's Avatar
    chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not sure how many people here listen to Mastodon, but their newest album features some of my favorite work by Brent Hinds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrMVZvor0X4

This whole song, but the riff starting at :54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHPds6lXYGs

I really need to get my chops back up, but its been so long since I've "learned" other music. Actually it's a while since I played with consistency, but I've been balls deep in writing again which feels really good, especially when the wife comes from the other room and asks "what song is that?!"
    "It won't get better, just different."

“Yeah, that's what the present is. It's a little unsatisfying because life's a little unsatisfying.”

Bring back ****g‏‏‎ot, ****g‏‏‎ot .