Page 36 of 120 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 3589
    Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by aceroa View Post
    A question to anyone here. What guitar cables do you use?
    Dimarzio for guitars and make my own pedalboard cables using Mogami cable with Amphenol and Neutrik plugs.

Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    I put it up for sale though
    Gone already? Going through guitars like underwear.

Think I'll scout out a cheap but comfy strat then upgrade it along the way...
    Said it before but why not source a cheap Strat or Tele body and get a Warmoth or Musikraft neck built exactly to your specs? Ice the cake with a proper setup.

These are bolt on neck guitars and back in Fender's glory years Leo built these planks as cheaply as he could get away with fishing whatever was available on the production line from a parts bin. There was no "custom shop" back then. Take advantage of that neck pocket and swap parts until you're happy. It'd surely be a lot easier and less costly than buying and selling guitars hoping to stumble on some mythical production model that ticks every box.

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    well, it sounds just like a strat. Quite warm and spanky. Treble bleed also helps with switching from brighter to warmer without ****ing with other controls. Doesn't take much to get a good tone, even thru my solid state.

I put it up for sale though, after a few days I really don't like playing with these frets and I end up playing my other guitars instead. With the deeper neck profile + narrow frets I end up having to play with a harder touch and it just doesn't feel right. Think I'll scout out a cheap but comfy strat then upgrade it along the way...

I used to have a few Mustangs with vintage neck specs and I didn't like them either in the long run. Medium jumbos with flatter fretboards are my comfort zone.

The fender elite strat has a 10-14 radius with medium jumbos. I have the tele version of this next and I love it
    Hero worship is unhealthy and cucklike

aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DerkBezerk View Post
    I've been using the same Whirlwind cable for around 10 years.

I can't speak to any affect on tone but the rhing is well made, rugged and reliable.
    I haven't tried their instrument cables but I used to have a Whirlwind stage box when my band used to play shows. I'll have to check out their instrument cables, thanks.

Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Dimarzio for guitars and make my own pedalboard cables using Mogami cable with Amphenol and Neutrik plugs.
    Nice, I've actually heard other people say that's the way to go. Mogami cable with Neutrik plugs. You probably save a good amount of money making them yourself instead of having to buy more expensive premade cables. I've never soldered anything before, but I may have to give it a try sometime.
    Mexican Crew

terrorgunt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) terrorgunt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) terrorgunt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) terrorgunt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) terrorgunt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) terrorgunt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) terrorgunt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) terrorgunt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) terrorgunt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) terrorgunt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) terrorgunt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Semi-related because Alexi was rad:

Video shot ~10 days prior to his death. Nice to have 1 more punch to the face. Band would have been great.

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Gone already? Going through guitars like underwear.

Said it before but why not source a cheap Strat or Tele body and get a Warmoth or Musikraft neck built exactly to your specs? Ice the cake with a proper setup.

These are bolt on neck guitars and back in Fender's glory years Leo built these planks as cheaply as he could get away with fishing whatever was available on the production line from a parts bin. There was no "custom shop" back then. Take advantage of that neck pocket and swap parts until you're happy. It'd surely be a lot easier and less costly than buying and selling guitars hoping to stumble on some mythical production model that ticks every box.
    I ended up doing just that when I couldn't find a Mustang that fit my bill - got a Squier body, had my local luthier build a neck then had the guitar fitted with nice parts.

There are so many strats out there, though... surely I can find something without doing a partscaster? I'm pretty good with buying/selling without taking a loss so I don't mind flipping through guitars. If not for the border though, I think I would've gone the Warmoth route already.
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    well, it sounds just like a strat. Quite warm and spanky. Treble bleed also helps with switching from brighter to warmer without ****ing with other controls. Doesn't take much to get a good tone, even thru my solid state.

I put it up for sale though, after a few days I really don't like playing with these frets and I end up playing my other guitars instead. With the deeper neck profile + narrow frets I end up having to play with a harder touch and it just doesn't feel right. Think I'll scout out a cheap but comfy strat then upgrade it along the way...

I used to have a few Mustangs with vintage neck specs and I didn't like them either in the long run. Medium jumbos with flatter fretboards are my comfort zone.
    Check out the Schecter Nick Johnston models. 14 in radius, jumbo frets, great build quality
    Last edited by cjmadscientist; 04-09-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Eat it Like Groceries Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

lift heavy, drink bourbon, f**k often

TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TBO1313 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So I set up and put some new strings on the Seagull S6. The most surprising thing is how loud it is. I have a light touch and even without a pick that thing booms. Pretty surprising since Cedar is supposed to have less headroom than Spruce
    6'2"

OMAD results: 2/15/19-235, 10/13/19-190

OHP-205 Bench- 245 Squat - 405 C&J - 245

2021 Spring cut: 195lbs starting weight

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    First world problems but it's getting annoying maintaining so many guitars especially the neck tension and fret cleanliness. I spent about 2 hrs the other day doing a full round with cleaning agents, checking tuning, dust, playing the electrics so the pick-ups get some action going etc.

I am so glad I simplified my actual gear though.
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by EoR View Post
    I tried to simplify mine, got rid of the head, got some simple high gain combos, then there was a Taurus Stomphead 4HG that I cOuldn't pass up, and the ISP Theta head on a deal with and ISP Stealth amp, then the BIAS rack head... now I'm back to too much stuff
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    First world problems but it's getting annoying maintaining so many guitars especially the neck tension and fret cleanliness. I spent about 2 hrs the other day doing a full round with cleaning agents, checking tuning, dust, playing the electrics so the pick-ups get some action going etc.

haha that's why I go through guitars quickly, I just hate having ones I don't use sit around and I make sure I have all the time in the world to recoup my investment so I don't bankrupt myself doing this. Despite having bought/sold dozens of guitars within ~2 years the only one I've ever regretted selling was a Gibson '61 Reissue SG. Would've been nice to keep around as a vintage guitar older than myself. Oh, and my current JP6 but I was lucky as **** to buy it back for less than what I sold to the guy for lmao.

I have a solid core of a Mustang + Jaguar + Super Strat that I rotate around but so far my attempts at having a keeper Strat or Tele have failed lol. Going budget for the next few tries, put orders for a Squier Classic Vibe and a Yamaha Pacifica 612. Will report results next weekend.
    Go Canucks Go!

brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I really started to enjoy playing the bass lately. It took a while for me to get it but it's really something different.
    Anybody else made the switch?

nohomo
    Golden hands
    Illuminated miscers: ScottTil
    Agents of chaos, disorder and hate: Bodhy, Ironmanlet, ViolentZ, ItsWhatIDo, jeffl1980, BrosefMengele

aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brosapiens View Post
    I really started to enjoy playing the bass lately. It took a while for me to get it but it's really something different.
    Anybody else made the switch?

nohomo
    I don't think I would ever completely switch over to playing bass over guitar. However, I do have a new project where I'm trying to play more complex bass parts that stand out over the music. At some points it's even carrying the main lead part. I personally don't like how bass is often buried in a rock or metal mix. Good creative bass playing should be pushed up in a mix.
    Mexican Crew

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    haha that's why I go through guitars quickly, I just hate having ones I don't use sit around and I make sure I have all the time in the world to recoup my investment so I don't bankrupt myself doing this. Despite having bought/sold dozens of guitars within ~2 years the only one I've ever regretted selling was a Gibson '61 Reissue SG. Would've been nice to keep around as a vintage guitar older than myself. Oh, and my current JP6 but I was lucky as **** to buy it back for less than what I sold to the guy for lmao.

I have a solid core of a Mustang + Jaguar + Super Strat that I rotate around but so far my attempts at having a keeper Strat or Tele have failed lol. Going budget for the next few tries, put orders for a Squier Classic Vibe and a Yamaha Pacifica 612. Will report results next weekend.
    I feel you. My biggest weakness is driving past my usual local stores lol. "Don't pull in! DON'T PULL IN!".
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

The Yamaha Pacifica 612 just arrived. Why the **** did I pay x3 as much for an US Pro Fender? Forget the price tag, it's a genuinely nice guitar. At first glance the fretwork is great - all level, no sprouts, polished. The trem returns to pitch no problem. Pickups are typical Duncan goodness. The satin neck is silky smooth and it just looks ****ing nice. I can't believe these ****ers retail for just 650 USD. and I somehow got a December 2020 model for 30% off in an era where you're lucky if the MSRP didn't get cranked up a few notches. It's even got a flat radius on a narrow nut which is pretty hard to find. Had to compromise on the bridge single coil, though the humbucker splits pretty fine. Gonna have to work a bit to get that overdriven spunk but otherwise this is as perfect of a strat as I could've asked for.

The Squier should arrive tomorrow and I'll post both of them together but I expect to put it on Craigslist as soon as it arrives lmao, no way it beats the Pacifica.
    Go Canucks Go!

So the Squier did arrive today too. Plays better than expected and I'm happy with the bridge pickup. The Yamaha is the better instrument, but I'll keep both for now. Think GAS will be dormant for a while... Glad to have done it on a budget.

Go Canucks Go!

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    So the Squier did arrive today too. Plays better than expected and I'm happy with the bridge pickup. The Yamaha is the better instrument, but I'll keep both for now. Think GAS will be dormant for a while... Glad to have done it on a budget.

Is it an affinity strat? If so, I've got a list of mods that'll make you want to keep it.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    Is it an affinity strat? If so, I've got a list of mods that'll make you want to keep it.
    It's a 50's Classic Vibe. Honestly feels very nice aside from the tuners and bridge being a bit cheap.
    Go Canucks Go!

It's a 50's Classic Vibe. Honestly feels very nice aside from the tuners and bridge being a bit cheap.
    Change the tuners out to Wilkinson EZ Lok tuners, it's a cross thread post so no pins, etc.. about $25
    I hate strat trems so I would always just screw mine down and reset the action and intonation
    If you are okay with the pickups, leave them, if not, there are a lot of prewired pickguards you can drop in for around $100
    depending on the pickup route, you can change to HSS, etc..
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    The Yamaha Pacifica 612 just arrived. Why the **** did I pay x3 as much for an US Pro Fender? Forget the price tag, it's a genuinely nice guitar.
    Back in the day Michael Lee Firkins used to play them and Blues Saraceno had a signature model. Being an Ibanez fan I can't ever remember picking one up.

It's a shame unlike those old ads they only offer single coil or P90 in the neck.

A HH along these lines would appeal to me.

Back in the day Michael Lee Firkins used to play them and Blues Saraceno had a signature model. Being an Ibanez fan I can't ever remember picking one up.

It's a shame unlike those old ads they only offer single coil or P90 in the neck.

A HH along these lines would appeal to me.
    There are some real juicy vintage Yamaha suprestrats out there.

Go Canucks Go!

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Back in 90 when Firkins debut came out( probably my favorite guitar instrumental ever). If I remember right the Pacifica was a higher end guitar

The dude did some crazy **** with that guitar regardless

Speaking of Squires

I think I'm gonna to pick up a Squire contemporary telecaster RH. It's a really sexy looking guitar with great reviews.

I'll post a pic when I sober up
    Last edited by bignpisst; 04-23-2021 at 03:26 PM.
    Hero worship is unhealthy and cucklike

well two weeks later and against expectations the Squier ended up being the clear winner for me lol. the Pacifica neck is too chunky for me and tonally I can't make it work among my guitars. yeah it can do cleans and stratty sounds but not as well as the actual strat - the split coil bridge in particular doesn't come close to getting that twangy sound. and it's not as articulate or tight as the JP's for modern metal. works well as a jack-of-all-trades guitar but for someone like me that has a bunch of them it gets lost in the mix. too bad because it's such a well made guitar for the price, really wanted to like it but wasn't meant to be.
    Go Canucks Go!

Too many corona stickies.

I like both designs but prefer Ibanez over Charvel. The JS doesn't need a forearm cut because it tapers to a thin beveled edge which runs all the way along the top and is a lot more comfortable than a Strat.

I mentioned it because they made them for around 20 years so there would be a decent number of used ones out there so someone after a 22 fret HH Strat with a Floyd might want to look at those given they're probably around $1K or less used now and in today's money brand new would be $3000 guitars.

I see a lot of new guitars selling for $3K+ that really aren't worth what people are paying for them and that's money that could go toward a nice amp or Axe-FX. For sure it's great if you're happy with them but usually when you've been playing for a while there are certain things that you want to change and when you spend a lot you'll be less likely to make those changes because you don't want to affect resale value. I've said this many times but I'd rather get something more affordable and modify it until it's what I want rather than spending thousands chasing something that doesn't exist.
    The new guitar market can be such a trap and scam with electric guitar prices. I think I bought my JS for 2.4 or something and I never play it anymore. It is however, the most comfortable and light guitar I've ever played. I don't like locking tremolos anymore, everything I am doing as I get more experience is to be comfortable. compact, less maintenance and rely on my hands for the rest.

I'll just add though where I see huge prices actually mattering a lot for quality is in the acoustic market. You really do pay for what you get.

I used to play in a spaceship, it was fun for a little bit but I could never go back with so much gear, weight and so many components that could fail. Unless I was Petrucci and had a crew+1 gazillion back ups lol.

The new guitar market can be such a trap and scam with electric guitar prices. I think I bought my JS for 2.4 or something and I never play it anymore. It is however, the most comfortable and light guitar I've ever played. I don't like locking tremolos anymore, everything I am doing as I get more experience is to be comfortable. compact, less maintenance and rely on my hands for the rest.

I'll just add though where I see huge prices actually mattering a lot for quality is in the acoustic market. You really do pay for what you get.

I used to play in a spaceship, it was fun for a little bit but I could never go back with so much gear, weight and so many components that could fail. Unless I was Petrucci and had a crew+1 gazillion back ups lol.
    It's a shame the JS isn't getting played. Have you considered blocking the trem? Head down to a hardware store, grab some pine for a few bucks, cut a couple of pieces to block the trem on both sides, sand them until they fit, and you've got a hardtail JS with the added benefit of fine tuners. That's what I did. For years I regretted not buying a JS6/JS6000 because I had zero interest in a floating trem and now I wouldn't have it any other way. Double locking + blocked trem w/ fine tuners makes it tuning wise the most stable guitar I've ever played. Tuning at the bridge is faster and more accurate than at the headstock. Just my 2 cents.

I agree about acoustics. With electrics while I can appreciate guitar porn for a daily driver I'd rather customize something more affordable. I could never bond with the Dimarzio Fred in the bridge of the JS. It was instant Flying In a Blue Dream tone for me and I wanted to escape that. Bridge humbuckers have always sounded a bit honky to me so I went super low output and reached the promised land. That was the sound. Buzzing, anemic single coils didn't cut it for me and honky humbuckers didn't either. Changing pickups along with a few wiring mods was the solution. Now if I had a $4000 Suhr would I be gutting it and rewiring it? Probably not. But an old Ibanez kept bone stock for 20 years? Yeah why not.

That "aerofoil" shape is genius and I'm surprised other manufacturers haven't copied it. Far more comfortable than the slab like JEM and most super Strats.

Low 3000s serial dates mine to 1994-early 1995/1st year of production. I had no idea at the time they offered transparent blue like yours but I like it a lot. I've also never seen a red JS6000 for sale. Let me know if you ever come across one.

It's a shame the JS isn't getting played. Have you considered blocking the trem? Head down to a hardware store, grab some pine for a few bucks, cut a couple of pieces to block the trem on both sides, sand them until they fit, and you've got a hardtail JS with the added benefit of fine tuners. That's what I did. For years I regretted not buying a JS6/JS6000 because I had zero interest in a floating trem and now I wouldn't have it any other way. Double locking + blocked trem w/ fine tuners makes it tuning wise the most stable guitar I've ever played. Tuning at the bridge is faster and more accurate than at the headstock. Just my 2 cents.

I agree about acoustics. With electrics while I can appreciate guitar porn for a daily driver I'd rather customize something more affordable. I could never bond with the Dimarzio Fred in the bridge of the JS. It was instant Flying In a Blue Dream tone for me and I wanted to escape that. Bridge humbuckers have always sounded a bit honky to me so I went super low output and reached the promised land. That was the sound. Buzzing, anemic single coils didn't cut it for me and honky humbuckers didn't either. Changing pickups along with a few wiring mods was the solution. Now if I had a $4000 Suhr would I be gutting it and rewiring it? Probably not. But an old Ibanez kept bone stock for 20 years? Yeah why not.
    You know the previous post and this I am now thinking I should start playing it more. I think it's the actual neck width I don't enjoy anymore. I mean I can just play it without the pads and not worry about the tremolo.

But I definitely prefer no trem at all now. It IS nice for a little soft vibrato on chords - because bending every string on a chord does always end up right.

I've actually started playing my SG. The action on it is really nice now, the smaller frets while annoying for high fret bending and sometime accuracy also is making longer stretches a lot more easy. The neck wood gets very sticky in hot conditions though.

My search for that perfect guitar has not been filled, but I know some of my favorite necks I've played - including the gazillion of guitars I play in stores usually come with a moderate price. I think there's a threshold for electric guitar quality, and anything over is usually all brand/marketing.

Satch's guitars do look stunning. I nearly actually sold my JS1000 but I am glad I didn't. For ages it's all I wanted lol. I got heaps of phone calls asking if it was a legitimate one. Sometimes you gotta let go of some gear but the only thing I regret are selling 2 Mesa cabinets. I had like 4 and a bunch of Marshall's and figured I don't need so many. I technically never need 4 mesa cabinets, but it looked awesome.
    Last edited by EoR; 05-09-2021 at 07:48 AM.

You know the previous post and this I am now thinking I should start playing it more. I think it's the actual neck width I don't enjoy anymore. I mean I can just play it without the pads and not worry about the tremolo.

But I definitely prefer no trem at all now. It IS nice for a little soft vibrato on chords - because bending every string on a chord does always end up right.

I've actually started playing my SG. The action on it is really nice now, the smaller frets while annoying for high fret bending and sometime accuracy also is making longer stretches a lot more easy. The neck wood gets very sticky in hot conditions though.

My search for that perfect guitar has not been filled, but I know some of my favorite necks I've played - including the gazillion of guitars I play in stores usually come with a moderate price. I think there's a threshold for electric guitar quality, and anything over is usually all brand/marketing.

Satch's guitars do look stunning. I nearly actually sold my JS1000 but I am glad I didn't. For ages it's all I wanted lol. I got heaps of phone calls asking if it was a legitimate one. Sometimes you gotta let go of some gear but the only thing I regret are selling 2 Mesa cabinets. I had like 4 and a bunch of Marshall's and figured I don't need so many. I technically never need 4 mesa cabinets, but it looked awesome.
    "the only thing I regret are selling 2 Mesa cabinets. I had like 4"

Nice problem to have. How did you go with that Blu amp thing? Maybe I missed your posts about it. I can't remember reading what you thought of it.

re: JS neck it's pretty much an 80s Strat neck with a pointy headstock which I believe is what Ibanez digitally copied for him. However he has the frets from around 10-12 up to 22 flattened out to around a 12" radius so he can do wide bends with that super low action. I never liked those tall skinny frets (6105). Medium jumbo feels about right to me. You never know, having someone skilled with fretwork going over it might make the difference.

I found SGs ridiculously easy to play. The Achilles heel with those headstocks is the sharp angle on the G string. If you do a lot of bending you really need that nut cut perfectly and frequently lubed with something. Neck dive can also be an issue without the right strap.

"the only thing I regret are selling 2 Mesa cabinets. I had like 4"

Nice problem to have. How did you go with that Blu amp thing? Maybe I missed your posts about it. I can't remember reading what you thought of it.

re: JS neck it's pretty much an 80s Strat neck with a pointy headstock which I believe is what Ibanez digitally copied for him. However he has the frets from around 10-12 up to 22 flattened out to around a 12" radius so he can do wide bends with that super low action. I never liked those tall skinny frets (6105). Medium jumbo feels about right to me. You never know, having someone skilled with fretwork going over it might make the difference.

I found SGs ridiculously easy to play. The Achilles heel with those headstocks is the sharp angle on the G string. If you do a lot of bending you really need that nut cut perfectly and frequently lubed with something. Neck dive can also be an issue without the right strap.
    They are really expensive in some countries but I got them delivered and for a discount. I still regret selling them, it's not like I really needed the money but I had some more obligations and figured I have too many cabinets. It's more that it's harder for me to get them like that again, and I am never going to pay the 40-50% mark-up where I live.

My Black Spirit is amazing, I just have a midi board, this spirit amp and 1-2 cabinets (depending if I take it to another place) and it feels like I haven't lost much from having 50kg of rack units - and don't have to worry about so many tubes to replace. It's so easy to use. That and my set-up is all neat, clean and takes up barely any room.

I mean at the moment, I can't see myself really changing my set-up. I mean the quality is 95% that off my huge rig set-up and it already takes up nearly no space.

My Black Spirit is amazing, I just have a midi board, this spirit amp and 1-2 cabinets (depending if I take it to another place) and it feels like I haven't lost much from having 50kg of rack units - and don't have to worry about so many tubes to replace. It's so easy to use. That and my set-up is all neat, clean and takes up barely any room.

I mean at the moment, I can't see myself really changing my set-up. I mean the quality is 95% that off my huge rig set-up and it already takes up nearly no space.
    Are you talking about this thing (floor version)? I definitely get the appeal of having everything on a pedalboard although personally I'd rather have a MIDI controller on the floor and everything else in a rack. I see you're using it with cabinets but what it's like direct via Red Box DI out?

I feel embarrassed, but I had no idea Liquid Tension Experiment had released their third album. Going to give it a listen tonight. The first two albums are some of the greatest music ever written.

Are you talking about this thing (floor version)? I definitely get the appeal of having everything on a pedalboard although personally I'd rather have a MIDI controller on the floor and everything else in a rack. I see you're using it with cabinets but what it's like direct via Red Box DI out?
    Nope not floor. This is my current set-up. All my rack units, simu class etc are all locked up. Looks so simple but everything to the cords are premium quality and the sound is amazing. I am just using 1 cab atm, the second one I have given to a friend to try out. I used to have 4 of them. Transporting this set-up is a dream too.