Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    yeah that player is f*cking sick. got those jazzy-fusion chops for days.

Registered Gym Rat CherryPopinski's Avatar
    CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Cheeky mod changed the title of the thread?
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by rollerball View Post
    yeah that player is f*cking sick. got those jazzy-fusion chops for days.
    Absolutely insane, couldn't imagine the rush of being able to nail a solo like that..

Your vid is great as well man, awesome technique.. I've been trying to get my left hand fingers parallel and close to the fretboard like yours for ages but still struggling with it.

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Absolutely insane, couldn't imagine the rush of being able to nail a solo like that..

Your vid is great as well man, awesome technique.. I've been trying to get my left hand fingers parallel and close to the fretboard like yours for ages but still struggling with it.
    I assume that if you study and learn a bunch of classic jazz solos, like the hard bebop sh*t, and fusion sh*t for years you probably start to sound just like that guy when you improvise. I wish I had started studying all that type of stuff but I've never really done it so all my **** always sounds very standard and harmonically limited at least to my ears.
    Your solos, from what I recall, seem to draw forth from a lot of chord colors which makes it sound more interesting.

Thanks mang, although I never really consciously thought about getting my fingers all parallel and close to the fretboard. Actually I kinda doubt it's even necessary to focus on unless you've reached such superhuman right hand speeds as to require the most efficient left hand movements possible.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by CherryPopinski View Post
    Cheeky mod changed the title of the thread?
    Someone didn't want to unleash the focking fury.

Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Someone didn't want to unleash the focking fury.

Lol

I assume that if you study and learn a bunch of classic jazz solos, like the hard bebop sh*t, and fusion sh*t for years you probably start to sound just like that guy when you improvise. I wish I had started studying all that type of stuff but I've never really done it so all my **** always sounds very standard and harmonically limited at least to my ears.
    Your solos, from what I recall, seem to draw forth from a lot of chord colors which makes it sound more interesting.

Thanks mang, although I never really consciously thought about getting my fingers all parallel and close to the fretboard. Actually I kinda doubt it's even necessary to focus on unless you've reached such superhuman right hand speeds as to require the most efficient left hand movements possible.
    Ye, I never fuked with pure jazz or fusion, it was always a snippet through prog metal bands that do a really simplified version of it and throw it in between the metal.. His technique is some next level chit though, hybrid picking of peace..

Ye, I never fuked with pure jazz or fusion, it was always a snippet through prog metal bands that do a really simplified version of it and throw it in between the metal.. His technique is some next level chit though, hybrid picking of peace..
    it kinda makes me mad when I see/hear players with incredibly fast and articulate technique and they don't even need a pick.

jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone know of any videos or people to watch or listen to learn how to sing while playing guitar?
    "There are some who do not fear death for they are more afraid of really living."-Ancient proverb

Between the buried and me

Originally Posted by jiujitsubro View Post
    Anyone know of any videos or people to watch or listen to learn how to sing while playing guitar?
    I might be wrong here but don't you just learn each part individually and then put them both together?

Watch this dude (singing starts at :28)

jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jiujitsubro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I might be wrong here but don't you just learn each part individually and then put them both together?

Watch this dude (singing starts at :28)
    Nah it's rough to do that. I've seen different videos showing different methods. It's usually getting the tempo down, and tricking your mind that its play two different instruments. I was just wondering if you guys knew any exercises.
    "There are some who do not fear death for they are more afraid of really living."-Ancient proverb

Between the buried and me

Originally Posted by jiujitsubro View Post
    Nah it's rough to do that. I've seen different videos showing different methods. It's usually getting the tempo down, and tricking your mind that its play two different instruments. I was just wondering if you guys knew any exercises.
    IME it is not a matter of "tricking" your mind into playing two different instruments. It's really all about slowing everything WAY down and learning how the guitar parts and the syllables of the vocals relate the central pulse/time of the song.
    The way I taught myself was literally taking a few bars of a song and slowing it down until I figured out how the guitar part and the vocal part interacts - both will always relate to the central rhythmic pulse of the song.

Many songs are just simple strumming of chords and singing it's less restrictive in terms of how the guitar and vocals interact so perhaps you should start there.

One thing though, Swimtothemoon is correct, it's good to also separately know the guitar parts and the vocal parts perfectly beforehand

NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000) NaturalFTW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Almost done learning the entite Master of Puppets album. There is just something so fun about downpicking the hell out of the low e string
    Liverpool F.C.

RIP Bill Starr

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Had to scoop up my Son from college early, I taught him some rudimentary skills before he left last Fall. I was just playing electric and he was doing some tasty fills with my acoustic. Wife came down and said "Could you tone it down?? It's 1:40 am!"

Wife, big teds, great in the sack, trade for Fender Del Mar or intact Ovation acoustic from the 70's with decent action.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100)
    Does anyone have advice on combining tremolo picking with alternate picking? For instance, it can be really difficult to pluck four notes on one string, and then cleanly transition to a physically lower string and continue the tremolo because you have to play the last note on the first string with an upstroke, then skip that string and hit the lower string with a downstroke. Hard to do at speed. I've only encountered this in metal.

Look at this example (Guitar #1 at the end of bar 31):
    https: //tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/wretched/deplorable-miscalculations-guitar-pro-897343

Originally Posted by dedbrah View Post
    Does anyone have advice on combining tremolo picking with alternate picking? For instance, it can be really difficult to pluck four notes on one string, and then cleanly transition to a physically lower string and continue the tremolo because you have to play the last note on the first string with an upstroke, then skip that string and hit the lower string with a downstroke. Hard to do at speed. I've only encountered this in metal.

Look at this example (Guitar #1 at the end of bar 31):
    https: //tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/wretched/deplorable-miscalculations-guitar-pro-897343

Registered Gym Rat CherryPopinski's Avatar
    CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not sure if any of you came across this website, figured it'd be helpful for everyone ITT. Since we're all cooped up inside. Everything you'd need to know regarding music theory located here. I learned most of it, but became lazy and never really applied it.

https://www.musictheory.net/lessons
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100) dedbrah is not very well liked. (-100)
    That's a good video. Have you tried this? I'm slightly reluctant to adopt a completely new picking approach to get over this hurdle.

Originally Posted by dedbrah View Post
    That's a good video. Have you tried this? I'm slightly reluctant to adopt a completely new picking approach to get over this hurdle.
    I tried it and instantly nailed smells like teen spirit solo

I tried it and instantly nailed smells like teen spirit solo
    Clearly a guitar god

Just lmao if you're not playing guitar like this in 2020

https://youtu.be/qHa5ZQIMAzQ?t=153

Just lmao if you're not playing guitar like this in 2020

https://youtu.be/qHa5ZQIMAzQ?t=153
    lmao

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Does anyone know what this is? It's only a dollar, they say it's supposed to help beginners but i have no idea what it's supposed to do.

Cobra Kai never dies!

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    Does anyone know what this is? It's only a dollar, they say it's supposed to help beginners but i have no idea what it's supposed to do.

Looks like a fretboard memorization tool. Each color is a note, two-colored ones are flats and sharp e.g. D# is half purple because D coded purple and, since it's also Eb, it is half beige because E is coded beige.

It would probably feel weird as **** playing on a fretboard with that sticked in. It would be better to just learn the notes by looking at a chart on the computer or printing it off.
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/nrLtwc26/oo.png[/]
    you only need to learn one note position. the rest you can use your ear or the dots on the fret board to get

that’s unnecessary
    HTC is too skinny for me. Fat Girls only crew. serious
    Chubby Chaser and Fat Girls Only crew Founder

billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) billclintonnn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Stupid question, but what is the sound he makes at the beginning of the video? And how do you do it?
    I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people. Thank you.

Originally Posted by ncnc View Post
    slooting myself this time; posted a new cover in utubz
    (chitty quality, recorded from a macbook camera)

Good job mayne

Originally Posted by ncnc View Post
    slooting myself this time; posted a new cover in utubz
    (chitty quality, recorded from a macbook camera)

nice solo cover mang

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I picked up a Marshall jcm2000 DSL100 head two summers ago (used, early 2000 made on UK). Absolutely love the tone, from clean to classic rock to full metal tones) however I had issues straight out of the gate with volume drop / loss. Had a buddy with some minor skill look at it and he cleaned / re-soldered a few things but told me that it had burned up at some point and someone did a serious (and shady) overhaul.

Issues persisted and I ended up taking it to an old hippie who runs the dopest little vintage guitar shop out of his barn 3 days a week. Claims he has the best amp guy ever...
    well his guy had it for 3 months, finally called me to come get it, new tubes, new circuit board etc...

Bring it home and it sounds even better than when I bought it, but 5 minutes later volume is gone. Power is still on but nothing. So frustrated that I unplug it and use my old 30w amp.

Fast forward 6 months and I’m looking at that 100w head, thinking I should buy another one because dat tone... look at a few used on reverb and decide to do a little due dillegance before dropping $600. Find out there’s a fuse after the main power but before the amplification. Pull it and test, fuse tests ok. Say fook it and buy a new one for $4. Amp works perfect now...

So stoked but pissed I could have been using it for the last 6 months...
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631