Page 104 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 3593
    The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bodhy View Post
    Fellas, what are your reasons for still using tube amps in this day and age, rather than going digital?

Personally, I still can't decide between either. I think tube amps are still GOAT when it comes to tone and feel, but they sound their best when cranked to the max, are heavy, delicate etc. Plus you need to place your mics right, it will be fickle and sound good certain days, less so other days etc.

Axe-Fx, though, I've heard replicate to like 99% of the way there without any hassles of a physical tube amp. Just consistently works every day and delivers bang on tones. Plus the amount of tweakability and features dwarf the tube amp by a country mile.

Like, let's say you're playing a particular head but you want to play it through Mesa cabs. You can switch at the touch of a button with digital. The amount of control you've got over your signal chain is amazing.
    Digital is cool, the ease of adding effects, changing amp etc but there is nothing like plugging into a Marshall head pushing a 4x12 (or 8x12 )
    Something about that raw power
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fellas, what are your reasons for still using tube amps in this day and age, rather than going digital?

Personally, I still can't decide between either. I think tube amps are still GOAT when it comes to tone and feel, but they sound their best when cranked to the max, are heavy, delicate etc. Plus you need to place your mics right, it will be fickle and sound good certain days, less so other days etc.

Axe-Fx, though, I've heard replicate to like 99% of the way there without any hassles of a physical tube amp. Just consistently works every day and delivers bang on tones. Plus the amount of tweakability and features dwarf the tube amp by a country mile.

Like, let's say you're playing a particular head but you want to play it through Mesa cabs. You can switch at the touch of a button with digital. The amount of control you've got over your signal chain is amazing.
    Lmao this guy is such a joke.
    He’s been talking about buying a “Nightswan” for five months now.

And lmao at “I think tube amps are still GOAT when it comes to tone and feel, but they sound their best when cranked to the max, are heavy, delicate etc.” when you can’t even play and haven’t owned a guitar in two decades lmao.

Fukking lying sh*t smearing f*ggot lol.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz

Horses for courses. Not everyone wants to dial in 100s of different sounds. Maybe they're content with Fender cleans + dirt from a pedal. Of course digital sounds great and no one listening will know the difference. Film vs. digital was at this point 20 years ago. Today hardly anyone uses film. Digital cameras allow people with very limited skill to excel. They can spray and pray and work magic with software, AI, etc. Now the question is, how does it make you feel? Because that's what matters to some of us.

Originally Posted by Woody-5 View Post
    Digital is cool, the ease of adding effects, changing amp etc but there is nothing like plugging into a Marshall head pushing a 4x12 (or 8x12 )
    Something about that raw power
    Digital is never going to give you that thrill.

Reminds me of cars. A Tesla will smoke most cars to 60 but does the sound of wind and tires get you off? No thanks.

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Horses for courses. Not everyone wants to dial in 100s of different sounds. Maybe they're content with Fender cleans + dirt from a pedal. Of course digital sounds great and no one listening will know the difference. Film vs. digital was at this point 20 years ago. Today hardly anyone uses film. Digital cameras allow people with very limited skill to excel. They can spray and pray and work magic with software, AI, etc. Now the question is, how does it make you feel? Because that's what matters to some of us.

Digital is never going to give you that thrill.
    That sh*t-smearing f*ggot can’t play for chit and would have no idea about the difference between tube/analog and digital lmao.

Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rollerball View Post
    That sh*t-smearing f*ggot can’t play for chit and would have no idea about the difference between tube/analog and digital lmao.
    lol
    Energetically will I meet enemies of the United States
    Get some
    Ernest Hemingway once said "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for" I agree with the 2nd part
    "Service members is family"
    physique: https://i.imgur.com/8d1Mct4.jpg -3
    avi is godfrd

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    I play the ball not the man in here.

He wouldn't be posting if he's not interested in playing so there's no point wasting time debating digital vs. tube, etc. Buy a guitar + audio interface and use that free NAM amp sim stuff J.L.C was talking about a few pages back. Really no excuse not to go that route and there's no substitute for playing. I took a long break once when other stuff in life like work, training, etc. took precedence. Dusted off my old gear and it took about 6 months to get close to the level was at before + build up the calluses again. I'm as guilty as anyone of often wanking off with the same licks I can play in my sleep vs. putting in decent practice and learning songs however playing the same stuff is still better than not playing at all.

He wouldn't be posting if he's not interested in playing so there's no point wasting time debating digital vs. tube, etc. Buy a guitar + audio interface and use that free NAM amp sim stuff J.L.C was talking about a few pages back. Really no excuse not to go that route and there's no substitute for playing. I took a long break once when other stuff in life like work, training, etc. took precedence. Dusted off my old gear and it took about 6 months to get close to the level was at before + build up the calluses again. I'm as guilty as anyone of often wanking off with the same licks I can play in my sleep vs. putting in decent practice and learning songs however playing the same stuff is still better than not playing at all.
    He’s a pathological liar worthy of zero respect. He doesn’t know how to play guitar.

Registered Gym Rat CherryPopinski's Avatar
    CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Lmao this guy is such a joke.
    He’s been talking about buying a “Nightswan” for five months now.

And lmao at “I think tube amps are still GOAT when it comes to tone and feel, but they sound their best when cranked to the max, are heavy, delicate etc.” when you can’t even play and haven’t owned a guitar in two decades lmao.

Fukking lying sh*t smearing f*ggot lol.
    The new Nightswan is a nice guitar though, I'm playing mine right now. I'm enjoying it.
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

Originally Posted by CherryPopinski View Post
    The new Nightswan is a nice guitar though, I'm playing mine right now. I'm enjoying it.
    Lemme see a pic.

Registered Gym Rat CherryPopinski's Avatar
    CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Lemme see a pic.

Riffing Mercyful Fate

Attached Images
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

Originally Posted by CherryPopinski View Post
    Riffing Mercyful Fate

[img]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9415763&stc=1&d=169957 0232[img]
    Got sort of a randy rhoads vibe to it but at this point any electric guitar without stainless steel frets is just disgusting to me.

7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Got sort of a randy rhoads vibe to it but at this point any electric guitar without stainless steel frets is just disgusting to me.
    "but nickel frets sound so much better"

/s
    Overthinking, overanalysing separates the body from the mind

Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    "but nickel frets sound so much better"

/s
    What those idiots are referring to is the "ping" that stainless steel frets have when played unplugged but that doesn't translate at all when amplified.

7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 7empest has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What those idiots are referring to is the "ping" that stainless steel frets have when played unplugged but that doesn't translate at all when amplified.
    couldn't imagine the headache of having to get frets relevelled/redone etc

That's why you pay someone else, who is trained, to do so.

brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brosapiens is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Did that a couple of times ... not much different than regular frets.
    Golden hands
    Illuminated miscers: ScottTil
    Agents of chaos, disorder and hate: Bodhy, Ironmanlet, ViolentZ, ItsWhatIDo, jeffl1980, BrosefMengele

not strictly guitar related, but you might enjoy

Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Sil3nt1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get some
    Ernest Hemingway once said "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for" I agree with the 2nd part
    avi is godfrd

Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000)

Sure. Plop a guitar in my hands right now and I'd be able to strum a few chords and play a few pentatonic licks. Come back in a few weeks and I'd be starting to shred. Come back in 6 months and I might even be able to sweep pick and play some difficult stuff.
    Last edited by Dominik; 11-10-2023 at 07:26 AM.
    Back off, Warchild.

Seriously.

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    not strictly guitar related, but you might enjoy

I've been avoiding this thread because it's a toxic POS but of course I check in every now and then.

Anyway I love the Police and they are definitely underrated and so are each individualy
    Hero worship is unhealthy and cucklike

Originally Posted by bignpisst View Post
    I've been avoiding this thread because it's a toxic POS but of course I check in every now and then.
    Exactly what i was hoping to avoid.

Originally Posted by bignpisst View Post
    Anyway I love the Police and they are definitely underrated and so are each individualy
    One of my favorite bands and drummers.

Exactly what i was hoping to avoid.

One of my favorite bands and drummers.

suprised to see a non metal drummer using Paiste Rude cymbals (heavy and loud as hell)

riff lord

Get some
    avi is godfrd

Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was playing Alan Wake 2 and some time in, this absolute banger of a power metal gem appears in the game:

It was almost removed the game, thank God it wasn't. What a ripper song.
    Back off, Warchild.

Seriously.

I was playing Alan Wake 2 and some time in, this absolute banger of a power metal gem appears in the game:

[YouTube]kY18_3q5KBE[YouTube]

It was almost removed the game, thank God it wasn't. What a ripper song.
    Let’s hear you cover it.

L m a o.

Just a reminder I had to delete 20 posts on this page. Play the ball and not the man. I don't want to be continually reminded this thread lives in the Misc. Thanks.

Just a reminder I had to delete 20 posts on this page. Play the ball and not the man. I don't want to be continually reminded this thread lives in the Misc. Thanks.
    Dom, I completely toned downed my post from how I normally talk. All I did was simply ask him to play a cover.

He’s a fraud. I’m going to be more cordial but I’m still going to be responding to his bullchit. He tries to muck up the misc with his constant lying, you see the content he makes.

All he needs to do is post just one video showing he actually has an ability to play what he pretends to know and I’ll leave him alone in this thread.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

A while back I made a commitment to practice more and decided to invest in things that would eliminate barriers to practicing.

I bought a Spark Mini and an inexpensive wireless set (Joyo).

That couple hundred bucks was well worth it!

Fun tones in a completely wireless headphone-capable rig = playing every day