Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Single arm press

Hey guys

Just started doing single arm presses recently, and am just lookin for a form check!

https://youtu.be/7ln9TtsmrLE

I purposely have my elbows flared to the outside

Also, my forearms get noticeably fatigued the last couple reps, and I can’t feel much contraction in my shoulder, what could that be due to?

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One of my favorites because of limited shoulder mobility.
    It looks good but ill give a couple of things i do with them.
    I grab a rack or high bench with the free arm to eliminate as much stabilization as possible.
    I want to focus on the delt.
    You might try going just short of lockout and just do maybe 2/3 to 3/4 of a rep.
    It keeps the delt engaged and takes out the tricep at lockout.
    Of course if you want triceps involved then do a good lockout.
    Elbow to the side or a little bit front is ok and press in an arc motion.
    Another thigh i do sometimes is lean the body slightly away from the pressing arm so it's like your pressing a bit outward instead of straight up.
    This again keeps the focus more on the delt.
    I like to use a kettle bell for these because of the weight displacement.
    The handle is in your hand but the weight is kind of resting on the forearm.
    It's kind of like a behind the neck press without having to rotate the shoulder/arm back but the weight is still leveraged there.
    A more shoulder friendly effective one arm press.
    I prefer higher reps 8-20 on these as i feel the lower reps involve a lot more other muscles to complete the press which isn't bad if strength training is the goal.
    Good luck to you.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^ everything he said, plus I prefer to keep my elbows in front. I can go deeper and it doesnt bug my shoulder as much.

Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannahp21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    One of my favorites because of limited shoulder mobility.
    It looks good but ill give a couple of things i do with them.
    I grab a rack or high bench with the free arm to eliminate as much stabilization as possible.
    I want to focus on the delt.
    You might try going just short of lockout and just do maybe 2/3 to 3/4 of a rep.
    It keeps the delt engaged and takes out the tricep at lockout.
    Of course if you want triceps involved then do a good lockout.
    Elbow to the side or a little bit front is ok and press in an arc motion.
    Another thigh i do sometimes is lean the body slightly away from the pressing arm so it's like your pressing a bit outward instead of straight up.
    This again keeps the focus more on the delt.
    I like to use a kettle bell for these because of the weight displacement.
    The handle is in your hand but the weight is kind of resting on the forearm.
    It's kind of like a behind the neck press without having to rotate the shoulder/arm back but the weight is still leveraged there.
    A more shoulder friendly effective one arm press.
    I prefer higher reps 8-20 on these as i feel the lower reps involve a lot more other muscles to complete the press which isn't bad if strength training is the goal.
    Good luck to you.

Fantastic. I’ll definitely keep all that in mind. You can’t tell in the video, but I use that slight lean you were talking about, and try to press in that arc motion.

Also, as long as these look alright I’m gonna keep em in my rotation. I was worried that the dumbbell was pressing too far in front of my head, which is why my forearm was giving out those final reps.

Is there anything I can do to prevent that with dumbbells? Or does it just kinda come with the territory