View Poll Results: Which company/career

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Engineering Firm/Career

18 81.82%
  • Actuarial Consulting

4 18.18%
    frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation FINAL THREAD: Career Decision (reps for all) (helppppppppppppppppppppppp)

Still repping people form the previosu thread. but I will rep everyone ITT (srs)

I'm 26. Single. Love to lift.

and in the middle of a huge career switch decision. Still have thoughts on both companies/careers:

Company A:
    -Top Engineering Firm in the world
    -103k first year
    -79k Salary, 14k minimum yearly bonus, 10k Signing Bonus
    -40-45 hours a week
    -completely dislike the work but can probably make it work if the money they are paying is what it actually is
    -Career salary earnings can range from 93k (my salary now) to at maximum 150k if I'm lucky

Company B:
    -Top Consulting firm
    -Start as intern (have 75% chance of being a full time employee after)
    -5k signing, 30$ an hour, probbaly around 75k starting salary full time
    100k+ salary when I pass my next 4 exams.
    -Work anywhere form 36 hours to 70 hour weeks during busy season
    -Career earnings are more lucrative and can range from 120k to 200k if I'm in management
    -Work is more intellectually challenging
    -A lot more Stress
    -Need to pass at least 4 more actuarial exams (a couple more if I go for my Fellowship)
    -Most likely won't have a social life, just eat sleep, work, study, life repeat for the next 4-5 years

The thing is that with my 40 hour work week, I have so much time on my hands to do whatever I want (play video games, binge watch shows, go out, etc, I feel guilty that i'm not studying and perusing a career that can pay a lot more money.

Previous thread:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178086501

A lot of miscers told me to choose the engineering route and that's where I'm leaning but I'm not 100% sold on that route.

Wanted to add a poll and get advise from other miscers.
    Last edited by frezKo; 03-01-2020 at 10:12 AM.
    Trump is the GOAT crew
    MAGA
    Trump 2020 Crew
    ARSENAL F.C.
    Brady is the UNDISPUTED GOAT, I dare you to even try and argue that he isn't.
    2 | 8 | 24 | Kobe Bryant is the GOAT crew

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don’t work for a company doing something you dislike. The money WILL NOT be worth it. I gladly took a $18K pay cut to work under 30 hrs a week locally to have more time in the gym and doing things I like. I’d go with the job you enjoy more.

GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you have a bachelors in engineering just curious

Id normally pick company A in this scenario. Honestly im not sure. My dad is an engineer and has worked 50-60 hours a week my entire life. Career and family were always #1. There were three things he looked for

#1 money
    #2 opportunity to learn to make him more valuable
    #3 opportunities for advancement (more money, more responsibility, more learning)

If you made it this far you were the kid that didnt have a problem coming home from school and doing another 4 hours of work. I dont think either job will be hard for you relatively.

If you dislike a job and/or dislike the people you work with and under it can be a type of hell ill warn you. However money talks. Youre going to be advancing at this company or moving on for more of everything in ~2-3 years anyway so keep that in mind if your choice is not what you thought.
    Last edited by GravityLee; 03-01-2020 at 10:14 AM.

ThisIsMyAlias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThisIsMyAlias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThisIsMyAlias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThisIsMyAlias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThisIsMyAlias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThisIsMyAlias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThisIsMyAlias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThisIsMyAlias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThisIsMyAlias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThisIsMyAlias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThisIsMyAlias has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty common to blow years of your life chasing the most money possible only to step back and take a lower paying job after you finally figure out that the balance matters more than money.

Hit a Lick With The Box wildchild11's Avatar
    wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dude, do not throw yourself into a 80 hour a week profession. keep climbing the engineering ladder

Get a side hustle if you want to make money
    Eminem has just become the first celebrity to be diagnosed with Coronavirus. In a statement released by doctors, it has been revealed that his palms were sweaty, knees weak and arms were heavy. He presented with vomit on his sweater already. Initial testing has revealed it was moms spaghetti.

frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frezKo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GravityLee View Post
    Do you have a bachelors in engineering just curious

I pick company A all day in this scenario
    Yep bachelor's in engineering.

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Don’t work for a company doing something you dislike. The money WILL NOT be worth it. I gladly took a $18K pay cut to work under 30 hrs a week locally to have more time in the gym and doing things I like. I’d go with the job you enjoy more.
    Originally Posted by wildchild11 View Post
    Dude, do not throw yourself into a 80 hour a week profession. keep climbing the engineering ladder

This new company i'd be required to work anywhere form 36-70 hour work weeks, the average leaning toward the larger number of hours. The thing is once I'm in the actuarial field I can transition or change companies where I would only be working 40 hour weeks.

BUT I also would be studying probably an extra 1k-2k hours for my next 4 exams. and then more hours to pass my last few exams if I want a fellowship.

So the career change would make me study, work longer, and harder. Which is another drawback.

Thank you for the advise.
    Trump is the GOAT crew
    MAGA
    Trump 2020 Crew
    ARSENAL F.C.

Any tips on the side hustle? I want to start investing (I have 38k in savings, 8k in checking, and 10k in CDC fund with 4% return after 1 year) but it seems like your just gambling?

Originally Posted by GravityLee View Post
    If you made it this far you were the kid that didnt have a problem coming home from school and doing another 4 hours of work. I dont think either job will be hard for you relatively.

If you dislike a job and/or dislike the people you work with and under it can be a type of hell ill warn you. However money talks. Youre going to be advancing at this company or moving on for more of everything in ~2-3 years anyway so keep that in mind if your choice is not what you thought.
    I graduated with a 4.0 in college and whatever I out my mind to I know I will ace the fukc out of it.

I'm just wondering maybe that my greed for more money and more of a luxury style will ruin my 20's and early 30's of experiences as well.

So much in my god damn mind.

Which i chose the actuarial profession in college so I'd already have my ASA by now and basically be done.

At my previous company, I was working with individuals that didn't care about the work and would sit on projects while finished not asking for more responsibility. The entire culture of a company was weird because a handful of people would work really hard while a good portion would just reap the benefits. So maybe a change in a new company that has a high reputation of engineering products and employees would change the way I see my work.
    Trump is the GOAT crew
    MAGA
    Trump 2020 Crew
    ARSENAL F.C.

l2ambo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) l2ambo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) l2ambo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) l2ambo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) l2ambo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) l2ambo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) l2ambo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) l2ambo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) l2ambo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) l2ambo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) l2ambo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    option A for sure. Option B sounds like a scam to get free labour out of you.
    "Movin' ahead so life won't pass me by."

aka cheeseburger walrus MustardTiger17's Avatar
    MustardTiger17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MustardTiger17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MustardTiger17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MustardTiger17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MustardTiger17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MustardTiger17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MustardTiger17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MustardTiger17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MustardTiger17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MustardTiger17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MustardTiger17 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fuk 80 hour work weeks brah. Is that how you want to live your life?
    Oči pičo

Las Vegas Crew
    Cologne Crew

The radio says there's a storm on it's way. I'd say it's already here.

Registered Winner PassiveLearner's Avatar
    PassiveLearner is a name known to all. (+5000) PassiveLearner is a name known to all. (+5000) PassiveLearner is a name known to all. (+5000) PassiveLearner is a name known to all. (+5000) PassiveLearner is a name known to all. (+5000) PassiveLearner is a name known to all. (+5000) PassiveLearner is a name known to all. (+5000) PassiveLearner is a name known to all. (+5000) PassiveLearner is a name known to all. (+5000) PassiveLearner is a name known to all. (+5000) PassiveLearner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    actuarial. As far as careers go, either chase your passion or chase that dollar. And whatever you choose, keep hustling cuzzz
    Lifter / Artist / Ejaculator

I'm here for the friendships.

BraneyGumble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraneyGumble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraneyGumble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraneyGumble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraneyGumble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraneyGumble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraneyGumble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraneyGumble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraneyGumble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraneyGumble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BraneyGumble has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I recommended taking the engineering job in previous thread, and I'll personally stick by my suggestion.

You're 26 years old and you could accept a veeery solid offer in engineering for 40-45 hours/week, or opt for an internship where you have a 75% chance of getting a fixed job so you can continue to slave away your years for a possible raise and exams and whatnot. Maybe. If you pass the tests.

The way I see it, you should take the engineering job, it's still a top company, it's a steady secure salary and you'll have plenty of time to do whatever you want. Fuking away years of your (social) life and your mental health just for the prospect of some possible raise in salary is absolutely not worth it.

Originally Posted by PassiveLearner View Post
    actuarial. As far as careers go, either chase your passion or chase that dollar. And whatever you choose, keep hustling cuzzz
    why actuarial
    Trump is the GOAT crew
    MAGA
    Trump 2020 Crew
    ARSENAL F.C.

ToningWasTooHarshForMe atgbrahsrs's Avatar
    atgbrahsrs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) atgbrahsrs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) atgbrahsrs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) atgbrahsrs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) atgbrahsrs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) atgbrahsrs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) atgbrahsrs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) atgbrahsrs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) atgbrahsrs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) atgbrahsrs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) atgbrahsrs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    top engineering firm hires people who are training as Actuaries ?
    Bodybuilding is all about creating continual adaptation. The number of exercises you can do per bodypart is finite. How many good quad-building exercises are there? Six, maybe? The number of sets volume you can do is finite or infinite if you want to spend the next 3,200 hours straight in the gym.
    What is pretty much infinite in training? Poundage.

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shieet, but look great.
    Patrick Bateman

AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Company A) work might be boring but less stress, better money and room for promotion into areas where you might do sht you like, don’t rep

Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anachron has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I already posted this in an earlier thread.

Engineering job.

Steady source of income, get some stability into your life, spend excess time you have into exploring other sources of income.

13 to 1 in the poll too.

Hit a Lick With The Box wildchild11's Avatar
    wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wildchild11 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by frezKo View Post
    Any tips on the side hustle? I want to start investing (I have 38k in savings, 8k in checking, and 10k in CDC fund with 4% return after 1 year) but it seems like your just gambling? .
    I cant rally answer that for you, the only piece of advice i can give is to do something you enjoy.

Some people love flipping stuff on ebay and going to garage sales, taking something, then reselling it on craigslist

Some like to do stocks

Some like real estate

Some prefer to start a youtube channel and get a bunch of followers, and so on

If there is something you are noticeably good at. You can try teaching it and making courses about it.
    Eminem has just become the first celebrity to be diagnosed with Coronavirus. In a statement released by doctors, it has been revealed that his palms were sweaty, knees weak and arms were heavy. He presented with vomit on his sweater already. Initial testing has revealed it was moms spaghetti.

it's all about the face shyheimz's Avatar
    shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't know how the market is in the US, but to be futureproof (even outside of the US) I'd say engineering. But if you really dislike the work, then don't do it. As you said, you can do it for a couple of years to make some money, but imo it's not that bad in consulting either.

Consulting can be a lot of fun if you work for interesting clients, but it's working your ass of and the first couple of years you get shat on by everyone above you (they make you do the boring & repetitive jobs). It's part of the job, but there is a lot of people who can't handle that very well. Source: experience in a big 4 consulting company myself.

Related for consulting:

Last edited by shyheimz; 03-01-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Originally Posted by atgbrahsrs View Post
    top engineering firm hires people who are training as Actuaries ?
    They have no clue I'm training to become an actuary. They admired some of the work I did at my old firm and then wanted to recruit me.

Originally Posted by shyheimz View Post
    Don't know how the market is in the US, but to be futureproof (even outside of the US) I'd say engineering. But if you really dislike the work, then don't do it. As you said, you can do it for a couple of years to make some money, but imo it's not that bad in consulting either.

Consulting can be a lot of fun if you work for interesting clients, but it's working your ass of and the first couple of years you get shat on by everyone above you (they make you do the boring & repetitive jobs). It's part of the job, but there is a lot of people who can't handle that very well. Source: experience in a big 4 consulting company myself.

Related for consulting:

thanks for the advice. I'll try engineering out for a bit and then maybe transition after 1-2 years if I still hate it.

I cant rally answer that for you, the only piece of advice i can give is to do something you enjoy.

Some people love flipping stuff on ebay and going to garage sales, taking something, then reselling it on craigslist

Some like to do stocks

Some like real estate

Some prefer to start a youtube channel and get a bunch of followers, and so on

If there is something you are noticeably good at. You can try teaching it and making courses about it.
    I have no interests that can make income but video games. Used to be really good. Took a 3 year break from cs and now I suck. Used to be somewhat of a semi semi pro making a bit of money but too much effort for the money. Wish I never quit.
    Trump is the GOAT crew
    MAGA
    Trump 2020 Crew
    ARSENAL F.C.

mobp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Less commute or work from home and other tangible things are definitely worth considering over salary.

Just LOL @ things like "challenge" or "potential" though, just take the money if that's what employers are selling you over money. Jobs are a transaction, don't forget that. Employers trying to get the best possible deal and have no problem lying to you about growth opportunities because what recourse do you have if it doesn't pan out?
    420/250x5(Retired)/480(Retired)

healthy eating disorder AgentSkyhawk's Avatar
    AgentSkyhawk is a name known to all. (+5000) AgentSkyhawk is a name known to all. (+5000) AgentSkyhawk is a name known to all. (+5000) AgentSkyhawk is a name known to all. (+5000) AgentSkyhawk is a name known to all. (+5000) AgentSkyhawk is a name known to all. (+5000) AgentSkyhawk is a name known to all. (+5000) AgentSkyhawk is a name known to all. (+5000) AgentSkyhawk is a name known to all. (+5000) AgentSkyhawk is a name known to all. (+5000) AgentSkyhawk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Company A. If you have a side hustle you can work on that shyt too with the work hours. Or if you're thinking endgame just go extreme retirement and clock out the rat race in 6-7 years with that money.
    "You can train as hard as you want to, but without the right fuel supporting your training and recovery, you will never see the results that you should."-Iron Man

Oh by the way...Size f*cking matters, in everything. Don't believe the hype. Size f*cking matters. Size DOESN'T matter to people who don't have any size, that's why they're like "oh size doesn't matter". SIZE, GIRTH, THICKNESS, EVERYTHING. Its a game of inches in life..add up all those inches, Victory muthaf*cker!-Greg Plitt

Johnez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johnez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not an engineer, nor bachelor brah, so take my words with a large grain of salt. My view based on people I've known and situations I've been in:

Company A.

Look for opportunities to grow, expand your skills and knowledge base while you have a concrete job. If you have the opportunity to get hired elsewhere I think it's easier with a job on your resume instead of an internship. Internship is kind of crippling, you are "preferred" candidate there, but have wasted a year if you end up not liking it and having to start over elsewhere.
    Virtue is its own reward.
    6' 1" and tons of fun
    Age is in dog years

Originally Posted by mobp View Post
    Less commute or work from home and other tangible things are definitely worth considering over salary.

Just LOL @ things like "challenge" or "potential" though, just take the money if that's what employers are selling you over money. Jobs are a transaction, don't forget that. Employers trying to get the best possible deal and have no problem lying to you about growth opportunities because what recourse do you have if it doesn't pan out?
    Nothing planed after the internship if it doesn't pan out.

That's so true. But more challenges more responsibility more money.

The engineering job has 15 vacation days and and extremely flexible with work hours. I can get in at 7 and leave at 3-4/etc.

Work from home when I'm feeling sick or unwell.

Originally Posted by Johnez View Post
    Not an engineer, nor bachelor brah, so take my words with a large grain of salt. My view based on people I've known and situations I've been in:

Company A.

Look for opportunities to grow, expand your skills and knowledge base while you have a concrete job. If you have the opportunity to get hired elsewhere I think it's easier with a job on your resume instead of an internship. Internship is kind of crippling, you are "preferred" candidate there, but have wasted a year if you end up not liking it and having to start over elsewhere.
    Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.
    Trump is the GOAT crew
    MAGA
    Trump 2020 Crew
    ARSENAL F.C.

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would rather spend 40 hours a week im okay with than 70 hours something I enjoy more, independent of the money.
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

Blowing out someone else's candle wont make yours glow any brighter (no homo).

Conggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Conggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Conggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Conggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Conggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Conggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Conggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Conggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Conggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Conggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Conggo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what the **** are those job titles even?

they sound so ****ing american

DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd go the actuary route. Don't worry about working a fuk ton of hours when young, it helps you save even more of your income and builds up your skillset. Then, once you have the skillset and experience, you can get a more comfortable job still making loot and also start living off of the passive income from the aforementioned savings.

stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stevesteve12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    both are kinda ****ty and depressing

second job is actuary? dont they make 300-700k at career peak?

JoshLV is a name known to all. (+5000) JoshLV is a name known to all. (+5000) JoshLV is a name known to all. (+5000) JoshLV is a name known to all. (+5000) JoshLV is a name known to all. (+5000) JoshLV is a name known to all. (+5000) JoshLV is a name known to all. (+5000) JoshLV is a name known to all. (+5000) JoshLV is a name known to all. (+5000) JoshLV is a name known to all. (+5000) JoshLV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What field of engineering just curious? Both sound real interesting to me
    Signed,

Koala T. Post

Originally Posted by JoshLV View Post
    What field of engineering just curious? Both sound real interesting to me
    Structural engineering

Originally Posted by stevesteve12 View Post
    both are kinda ****ty and depressing

second job is actuary? dont they make 300-700k at career peak?
    Based on experience and management role you cna make up to 300k

https://www.dwsimpson.com/salary
    Trump is the GOAT crew
    MAGA
    Trump 2020 Crew
    ARSENAL F.C.

Just typed out resignation letter.

going to call both companies tomorrow
    Trump is the GOAT crew
    MAGA
    Trump 2020 Crew
    ARSENAL F.C.

DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DizzySmalls has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A warning OP... industries where nothing you do can realistically improve your max earnings potential will make you so fking bitter if you are a performer.