jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Going heavy and tennis elbow

I got a pretty bad tennis elbow inflammation back around September of last year. So I backed off of the amount of weight and picked up on the reps and time under tension to compensate. This week I go back heavy and I can feel the tendinitis creeping in on my right elbow after just one week.

I do stretch and do certain things to loosen up that area that I have found on YouTube. I take Advil. I think I’m doing what I need to to prevent it but I don’t want another episode of that tendinitis as it can be really painful.

Who else deals with this on a regular basis? Why all the sudden is this happening to me when I go heavy? What can I do? I want to go heavy, I need to go heavy to get muscle high Break down and grow. For me it’s the only way to grow.

1stUncle fought Sugar Ray etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know don't lift the weight you do, but I lift heavy. And I've had to deal with tendinitis for a long time. I wrapped up both elbows, striving to go heavier while experimenting with the volume and reps. I just reduced the frequency. This solution worked very well for me! I "saved" my joints when I needed to (got rid of the pain).

How long have you been training for? If you've been training for years, you may be able to get away with lowering the frequency. You may be able to continue to gain more strength, with less frequency, at this point in time...and still make gains all-around. Maybe it depends on your program, as well.
    ^^ It's true, my first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're in your 50s (and not due to the bb.com Age glitch). This stuff is going to happen.

It's likely some combo of the heavy weights and your form, specific exercises, volume, the amount of reps, wear and tear on your body over the years, etc. You've prob been doing the same stuff that you did when you were younger except that you're old(er) now.

If this stuff starts to creep in, you need to make adjustments to how you lift and your routine. Practice better form, play with your volume/frequency as etet mentioned above, strategically choose exercises that target the same muscles but put less stress on your tendons/joints.

I know it'll prob hurt your ego a little, but you may find you need to do less free weights and mix in some hammer strength machines, cable work, regular machines, etc. You have to play with it and avoid weight/movements/habits that aggravate your issues, and find alternatives.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What exercises aggravate it
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

SansRien has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SansRien has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SansRien has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SansRien has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SansRien has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SansRien has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SansRien has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SansRien has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SansRien has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SansRien has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SansRien has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How much time did you take off? I’ve had the same issue twice in the past 12 years or so. Each time, I eventually had to stick to straight arm pull downs, rack pulls and shrugs to train my back for about 2 months. Gradually added in light cable rows with a slow tempo then after a few more weeks could go heavy again. I also wasn’t in my 50’s.

jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdesey will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks

Thank you everyone for your comments. It seems like what aggravates it is when I go heavier on pulling exercises, back and bicep. The issue there is that I need to go heavy to build muscle. As someone pointed out this could be an issue with me getting older at age 53. I have found some stretches to do that seem to help and I’m hitting ibuprofen as a preventative thing.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Play around with width and grip variations on your pulls (wide/narrow, overhand/underhand/neutral. For ex, you may find underhand rows/pulldowns aggravate your elbow more, or preacher curls aggravate your elbow less.

jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000)
    It happens when ego lifting or when lifting too heavy.
    It will become worse in time.
    Happened to me from curls, it got much better with lower weight and better form on the negative + dropsets.

A professional bodybuilder advice that I listened recently and who said he couldn't even curl a 6 kg dumbell in one hand because of the pain: stop the ego lifting, don't lift too hard, strict form, mind muscle connection, negative.

Originally Posted by jdesey View Post
    The issue there is that I need to go heavy to build muscle.
    How heavy?
    How many reps?