PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I lose more weight?

31 year old male, 5 feet and 9 inches tall.

Been working out for a year, typically 6x weekly on a generic bro split. Also maintained a consistent calorie deficit on a regular Indian vegetarian diet with whey supplementation. Between March 2019 - March 2020, I went from 100 kgs to 79 kgs and lost 2-3 clothing sizes.

Last month has been spent in lockdown. I've managed a reasonably strenuous daily home workout regime with a pair of 10 kg dumbbells and a resistance band, and added evening interval runs (again, daily). Further reduced from 79 to 73kg.

Other stats are - waist 80 cm, hips 90 cm, chest 95 cm, neck 37 cm, and biceps 36 cm.

My area of concern is the loose and stubborn fat around my belly, lower chest, and the sides of my chest. Check the photo for a look at it. Rest isn't big or aesthetic, but lean and presentable still. I'd like my chest and abdomen to look fat-free if not chiselled, in the shorter term.

While I think I should focus on losing more weight and shedding the stubborn flab for now, I'm open to your wisdom. At what point should I switch to a muscle building program?
    Attached Images

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You could do some weight loss at a moderate pace. Usually I would recommend prioritising muscle gain - but that's hard without proper equipment for anyone who is not a complete novice. You should be able to maintain and lose about 1kg every 3-4 weeks.

PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You could do some weight loss at a moderate pace. Usually I would recommend prioritising muscle gain - but that's hard without proper equipment for anyone who is not a complete novice. You should be able to maintain and lose about 1kg every 3-4 weeks.
    Thanks man.

My gym trainer said something similar, but I guess I'm just too fixated on the flab left still. I'm hoping that reduces a bit with lost weight...