StyxZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Have abs but no v cut

Sounds weird but yes I've been training abs for almost 8 months. I've gotten a pretty well defined set of abs and obliques on the side.But I'm unable to get that vcut. What am i doing wrong or is it just a genetic thing

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by StyxZ View Post
    Sounds weird but yes I've been training abs for almost 8 months. I've gotten a pretty well defined set of abs and obliques on the side.But I'm unable to get that vcut. What am i doing wrong or is it just a genetic thing
    Post a pic will be the only way of answering it.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    And post what you're currently doing if you want feedback on whether you're doing something wrong.

Have a look at my profile picture

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    And post what you're currently doing if you want feedback on whether you're doing something wrong.
    I spilt ab workout in two days. One day for upper abs / obliques and the other for lower abs.
    Upper abs - weighted crunches 3x30 ; decline crunches 3x30 ; ab pulldown 3x30 ; twisted leg raise 3x 10 reps / side
    Lower abs - Hanging leg raise 3x30 ; leg raise (flat bench) 3x30 ; Reverse crunches (decline bench) 3x30

beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think body fat is the big culprit in whether the inguinal ligaments starts to show or not. Even though you obviously have your body fat down it could just be that your body stores more fat where the crease appears. There are people who don’t train at all who can have that vcut look simply because they have low body fat and the ligament is more pronounced for them.

Originally Posted by beowulf359 View Post
    I think body fat is the big culprit in whether the inguinal ligaments starts to show or not. Even though you obviously have your body fat down it could just be that your body stores more fat where the crease appears. There are people who don’t train at all who can have that vcut look simply because they have low body fat and the ligament is more pronounced for them.
    In that case, what can i do to target the fat in that area

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In that case, what can i do to target the fat in that area
    You can't target fat loss like that, just have to aim to lose more fat overall. It can be hard to lose that bit to get the extra definition, and may not be worth associated overall muscle loss you might have trying to get there.

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Me too, to an extent, a lot is to do with insertions and bones. You possibly have narrow collarbones which really wrecks the whole physique. Most V-tapers aren't as good in real life as in photos anyway.

matthewseigler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im guessing your routine hasnt changed much over the span of time. Your doing so many reps your core has adapted in the same way your metabolism adapts to running. Youre efficient and strong but have sent a signal claiming that building muscle isnt nearly as important as enduring work. bring your reps down into the 8-12 range and up the weight. mkae it hard (RPE of 7-9, or 14-18 depending on which scale youre using). Pick 4 exercises and stay with them for 3-4 weeks and then change them. I will agree that body fat is another challenge but by trying to build size in your core, youll see the abs start to pop.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have a look at my profile picture
    Height and weight?

Fat targeting doesn't exist so forget about that. How is your training on your other body parts going? Personally I got my V shape simply through squats, deadlifts and other major compound lifts so some will be genetics some will be the amount of muscle mass you have in your abdominal area this requires focus on building a solid core through a combination of major compound lifts and some isolation work.

So what are you working rep weight like? How long have you been weight training?

Also how are you progressing on your ab work as it just seems like more volume have you considered adding more weight (dumbbells and plates)?

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Meh you really just have to keep working at it.

Height and weight?

Fat targeting doesn't exist so forget about that. How is your training on your other body parts going? Personally I got my V shape simply through squats, deadlifts and other major compound lifts so some will be genetics some will be the amount of muscle mass you have in your abdominal area this requires focus on building a solid core through a combination of major compound lifts and some isolation work.

So what are you working rep weight like? How long have you been weight training?

Also how are you progressing on your ab work as it just seems like more volume have you considered adding more weight (dumbbells and plates)?

5'8 / 125 lb
    I've been performing compound exercises with progressive overload. Right now I'm at the point where i cannot overload more.
    I've been training for 11 months generally focusing progressive overload.
    And yes i involve weights in some of my abs exercises.

Originally Posted by matthewseigler View Post
    Im guessing your routine hasnt changed much over the span of time. Your doing so many reps your core has adapted in the same way your metabolism adapts to running. Youre efficient and strong but have sent a signal claiming that building muscle isnt nearly as important as enduring work. bring your reps down into the 8-12 range and up the weight. mkae it hard (RPE of 7-9, or 14-18 depending on which scale youre using). Pick 4 exercises and stay with them for 3-4 weeks and then change them. I will agree that body fat is another challenge but by trying to build size in your core, youll see the abs start to pop.
    My profile picture is from October 2019.
    Tbh right now i can say that those abs are "popped out". But I'm really looking for that V CUT!!!
    I'll try adding more weight and bringing down the reps though. Thanks for your suggestion!

Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Me too, to an extent, a lot is to do with insertions and bones. You possibly have narrow collarbones which really wrecks the whole physique. Most V-tapers aren't as good in real life as in photos anyway.
    I don't really have that v taper look rn.
    But i can definately say that my collar bones aren't much narrower. My chest and shoulders really look wider that my waist.

colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    stomach vacuums can help with the v-cut. worked for me

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...-exercise.html

Originally Posted by colontos View Post
    stomach vacuums can help with the v-cut. worked for me
    This really looks relevant!
    I'm definately going to try this, ty for your suggestion mate

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5'8 / 125 lb
    Thats a great weight - for a female.

You need many more years of training and building to get the v-taper you're after. Forget chasing abs, you need to grow more muscle overall and you should be in a calorie surplus while continuing your training.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post

You need many more years of training and building to get the v-taper you're after. Forget chasing abs, you need to grow more muscle overall and you should be in a calorie surplus while continuing your training.
    There is your answer OP being 125lbs means you are just very slim. You don't have adequate abdominal mass to achieve the V shape you need to add mass not only in the lower ab area but all over.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post

Bruh you just shut me off by saying that xD
    I've always been underweight. I'll try your suggestion though. Thanks!

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bruh you just shut me off by saying that xD
    I've always been underweight. I'll try your suggestion though. Thanks!
    LOL, I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come off the top rope like that, don't take that to personally.

You really need more overall muscle, and if you get stuck trying to stay lean you're going to cost yourself valuable time during a period that you should be focused on building, which will enable you to eventually get that more desirable V-taper. Try to about 25-30 lbs over the next 12-16 months, then cut again, and if done properly you should have a noticeable change.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.