reconerboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Relearning all I have ever learned in terms of fitness and exercises

Hello, first I want to introduce myself.

I am 23 years old. The first time I went to the GYM was at the age of 15 because I was overweight. My only goal was to lose some weight and I didn't pay that much attention on proper form. I started with a little running as well and I reached my goal and lost some weight. I was lifting weights on an on/off-style since then and never kept a regular pattern. I always held a medium level of fitness maybe a little above the average person but not really "fit". Recently I managed to visit the gym more regularly and I now want to fix my form on all movements like deadlift, squats, overhead presses, chin/pull ups etc. because I think I learned them wrong. I don't wanna say my form is absolutely garbage but I guess there is a lot to improve on. I ordered a mobile stand for my smartphone to film myself to see where the problems are. I mostly focus on the guidelines from Athlean-X and MoveU for my movements and what feels best for my body.

The reason I write this post is because I would like to hear your opinion about my plan below and if someone did the same and has some tips to offer.

My plan:
    First of all, I would train 3 days per week and stretch on rest days. I want to focus on compound movements and do a little cardio at the end. I would start with about 30% of my old 1 RM and for the compounds maybe 5x5 with proper form the whole time and always keeping 1-2 in the tank. I'd use 2 different Workouts A and B and alternate between them. Since im not trying to improve my strengthor mass at the moment but my form I would go on a caloric defecit to reduce my body fat.

A:
    10 min warmup
    Squats
    Benchpress
    Pull-ups
    Abs
    Face pulls
    Cardio 15 min

B:
    10 min warmup
    Deadlifts
    Military press
    Barbell rows
    Abs
    Face pulls
    Cardio 15 min

~90 mins total per workout

What are your thoughts, hints, tips etc.?

Edit: Sorry if my english is not that good.
    Last edited by reconerboy; 02-28-2020 at 04:35 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I moved this for you because the forum you posted it in is very quiet.

It's not a bad schedule - better than most we see put together by novices.

However, you can do better by following one of the expert designed routines like Fierce 5 in the sticky threads at the top of the forum page.

This has features that you might not have considered like balance, progression, loading, fatigue management etc.

If you are concerned about form, you could post some videos in the Exercises forum for critique.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Athlean x is a bit of a noob trap these days he has some ridiculous unsupported claims about specific exercises some how being inherently dangerous.

Would avoid when possible in favour of more reasonable people who actually want to help people and not clickbait
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee