KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500)

Fevers after workouts - strange syndrome

Not sure if this is the best sub-forum for this post but it seems the most accurate. So here's the history and then the problem. I froze my lungs in the cold air back in November and ended up losing my voice to a large degree for a week or two. Had a dry cough that eventually left. Then in January I thought I had caught the flu, only I realized it wasn't. Lungs were still weak from the cold damage and probably never healed properly (yin/chi deficiency in Chinese medicine, not sure what it would be called in Western medicine). The fever cleared after 5 days, then came back again on Feb. 11th/12th, then cleared up fine and just now hit again on Feb. 25th

Now I doubt it's a viral or bacterial because 1) what virus or bacteria causes no symptoms other than fever, mild body aches and tiredness and re-occurs in almost exact 2 week intervals and 2) just had full labs done the day before and everything was normal - no increase in lympochytes, monocytes, neutrophils, etc or anything that would indicate an infection.

But there is one strong correlation - workouts.

On Jan. 18th was a tough workout (full body, about 2 hrs) and the very next day I had a fever that lasted 5 days.

18 days later, on Feb. 11th, I had a hard workout where I upped my weights and maybe a hour or two later - on comes the fever! That one only lasted the 11th and 12th.

13 days later on Feb. 25th, the same thing. I felt great during my workout. Upped my weights, workout almost felt easy - I felt just fine. Till the very end of the workout when I suddenly felt like crap. I thought maybe I overdid it and depleted my glycogen stores and was just a tad hypoglycemic at the moment, but sure enough - fever is back!

I find it odd that there's a correlation between the workouts and the fevers. Never experienced anything like this ever before. It's not like I'm getting overheated - I have the windows open for cold air, I'm sweating but not profusely or anything. I take creatine before my workouts and some carbs to fuel me and I stay well hydrated during the workout (I go through at least a half gallon of water during the workouts, with plenty of trace minerals added) so I'm not dehydrated. But this seems weird. Just wiped out and feeling sick as hell even though it's just a fever and aches. No sore throat, no intestinal issues, no sinus issues like with a cold - just fever and exhaustion.

Is there some weird syndrome that can be causing this? Because I'm not finding anything online. Again, can't prove causation but that's a pretty strong correlation - workouts = fever.

Anyone ever heard of this or what it could be?

KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500) KetoBob is not very helpful. (-500)
    No thoughts? Anyone?

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    This is difficult. Could be heat exhaustion but that shouldn't cause a fever for 5 days. I am not aware of any period fever syndrome triggered by exercise.

Could you try doing the same workouts but half the volume and seeing if the same symptoms occur?

Did a lighter workout yesterday and no fever, thank god! still very tired though. I think it does just boil down to a chi/yin deficiency in the lungs (whatever that translates into western medicine). But it does seem odd that it hits after hard workout. It's like my body gets exhausted and overheated and won't cool down. The Chinese herbs get here Monday (finally!), so hopefully I can get this corrected.