Registered User UTukTheGoodName's Avatar
    UTukTheGoodName is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Short & sedentary - HELP!

I'm only 4'8", I know about calories in/out and such. I do count calories (but not losing on 1300 cals a day) and I've been doing workout videos at home (20-60 mins long). Other than that I pretty much sit all day. I'm lucky to get 2000 steps in a day (including my workout video)!

I have 4 kids and I'm pretty sure I'm approaching menopause. I am body type skinny legs and fat midsection up. So fat belly, back fat, chubby arms, fat face. I'm stuck at 120lbs. Not much to some, but I've never really weighed more than 100-105 my whole life - so this is miserable for me. I had my last baby at 40 (I'm 44) and it seems like dropping the lbs is not as easy as it used to be. I don't know what to do. The workout videos are becoming unbearable and I'm not motivated. I was thinking of doing 3x a week full body DB workout (I only have dumbbells) and adding in cardio 5 days a week. Any suggestions?

I'm sure I could lift more than what I do with the videos - but the videos are so fast paced that the most I can do with good form is 8lbs. Anyway, I'd love any sort of advice or even recommendations for a 3x a week dumbbell workout that isn't toooo long. I work from home and have 4 kids... so getting work done is challenging enough.

Would StrongLifts 5x5 be a good place to start? I'm not strong so I won't be flinging heavy ass DBs around. But I only have DBs to work with... I just want to get rid of this extra body fat that I can't seem to get rid of without cardioing away my muscles.
    Last edited by UTukTheGoodName; 02-27-2020 at 02:50 PM.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not sure what videos you're doing but Focus T25 is a series that I like and might be worth checking out. But don't bother if you just hate videos in general.

Beyond that, it sounds like you just need to go back to basics and focus on carefully counting calories. That's what will help you lose weight. Exercise is secondary and any cardio/strength routing you enjoy will help you be healthier.

yemija is not very well liked. (-100) yemija is not very well liked. (-100) yemija is not very well liked. (-100) yemija is not very well liked. (-100) yemija is not very well liked. (-100) yemija is not very well liked. (-100) yemija is not very well liked. (-100) yemija is not very well liked. (-100) yemija is not very well liked. (-100) yemija is not very well liked. (-100) yemija is not very well liked. (-100)
    Focus on cardio and switch up your gym routine. I know exactly how you feel. You have to switch it up sometimes.