Akronica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help me with Calories and Meal Plan

Hi
    I am 50, 6' 2", 220 Lbs, 24% Body Fat, Male, Desk job but Do weights/walking 3x/week

My TDEE is around 2600 so I am trying to eat around 2000 to lose fat. My target is 11-13% body fat

Macros 40%P, 40%C, 20%F
    I have attached Sample plan, can you please let me know what you think. Right approach, plan ok, etc.

Thanks
    Attached Files

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You don't need to hit exact macro ratios. All you need to do is meet or exceed minimums for protein (1.6g /kg of body weight) and dietary fat (1g/kg) - while hitting a total calorie target. This is much more flexible and makes planning easier. In fact most people here don't use a fixed meal plan - although making one for a while can be a useful exercise. As time passes, you'll probably tweak it depending on what's in the cupboard and social eating, travelling etc.

Akronica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You don't need to hit exact macro ratios. All you need to do is meet or exceed minimums for protein (1.6g /kg of body weight) and dietary fat (1g/kg) - while hitting a total calorie target. This is much more flexible and makes planning easier. In fact most people here don't use a fixed meal plan - although making one for a while can be a useful exercise. As time passes, you'll probably tweak it depending on what's in the cupboard and social eating, travelling etc.
    Thanks, I'snt protein (1.6g /kg of body weight) very low? that's almost 160g protein which is not enough. Thought formula was around 1g/ 1lb lean body mass which would be around 190 (my goal)

blissful88 is a name known to all. (+5000) blissful88 is a name known to all. (+5000) blissful88 is a name known to all. (+5000) blissful88 is a name known to all. (+5000) blissful88 is a name known to all. (+5000) blissful88 is a name known to all. (+5000) blissful88 is a name known to all. (+5000) blissful88 is a name known to all. (+5000) blissful88 is a name known to all. (+5000) blissful88 is a name known to all. (+5000) blissful88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Akronica View Post
    Thanks, I'snt protein (1.6g /kg of body weight) very low? that's almost 160g protein which is not enough. Thought formula was around 1g/ 1lb lean body mass which would be around 190 (my goal)
    Anywhere from 1.6-2g/kg is more than adequate.
    We're all in this together; trust the process and never quit

Negging fear-mongering assclowns on sight crew

Home gym crew

We're all gonna make it brah

dkpeterson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good advice in previous comments. Also, if you need help with meal planning, you can use the website eatthismuch.com for more ideas