Registered User userDVWKJM5QRYW's Avatar
    userDVWKJM5QRYW is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Building Muscle while leaning out? Possible with IF? Still a gym rookie

Hey guys
    Im 20 yrs old 6'1" 189lb as of this morning.
    Ive been hitting the gym every single day rotating chest shoulders back and legs; incorporating arms into every workout. My goal is to lose the fat buildup and grow muscle at the same time. Is that even possible? I tracked a regular day of eating on my fitness pal. I know i need to aim for atleast 1g of protein / 1lb of body weight. However im not taking in enough calories daily. Do i have any chance of building lean muscle in this scenario? Should i just bulk for a couple months and then cut? Any help is appreciated. Still a complete rookie can only bench about 135 for 5 clean reps and squat about 170.. maybe?
    Really trying to take this working out to the next level.
    I take
    Gold standard whey protein about 3 scoops a day
    5 grams creatine monohydrate. Already loaded
    BCAAs during longer workouts
    Thanks guys

BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Title - 'Rookie'

As you're still a gym 'Rookie' it is very much possible for you to lean out whilst building muscle..

As new users to gym haven't experienced years of muscular development - It means gains comes easy.

Firstly - You have no workout plan, which will limit your growth massively! Just google new workout splits so you can train properly as add arms into every workout isn't ideal..

Honestly, as you're still so new... Diet isn't that big for you, just get good solid meals in! Macros will come later when you've learn to love the gym - Too much in one go will end up making you hate training. Get yourself 4/5 solid meals a day.

Your 3 scoops a day is more than likely a waste - Switch it down to 1 scoop post-workout & get the protein from them 2 additional scoops from a meal instead - It'll be more beneficial! BCAAs of course are building blocks but again, not really needed to build muscle. Just a commercial element for sales.
    - Cutz 4 Sloots
    - Virg 4 Lyf Crew

*MMA - Kickboxing*
    *Rugby Crew* - Outside Centre

Originally Posted by BulkingAkaFAT View Post
    Title - 'Rookie'

As you're still a gym 'Rookie' it is very much possible for you to lean out whilst building muscle..

As new users to gym haven't experienced years of muscular development - It means gains comes easy.

Firstly - You have no workout plan, which will limit your growth massively! Just google new workout splits so you can train properly as add arms into every workout isn't ideal..

Honestly, as you're still so new... Diet isn't that big for you, just get good solid meals in! Macros will come later when you've learn to love the gym - Too much in one go will end up making you hate training. Get yourself 4/5 solid meals a day.

Your 3 scoops a day is more than likely a waste - Switch it down to 1 scoop post-workout & get the protein from them 2 additional scoops from a meal instead - It'll be more beneficial! BCAAs of course are building blocks but again, not really needed to build muscle. Just a commercial element for sales.
    Thanks man. Should have mentioned that im a full time student and its pretty tough to get 4 - 5 good clean meals in a day. Been using those 3 scoops to supplement snacks throughout the day.
    Maybe you misunderstood me but what i mean is everyday i do a different body part while incorporating arms everyday. I do mostly compound free weight exercises. Thanks for the help

Monday - Chest
    Tuesday - Legs
    Wednesday - Shoulders
    Thursday - Chest and arms
    Friday- shoulders.
    Weekends are usually short workouts to get a good pump.
    Might be a terrible routine i dont know 😂
    Last edited by userDVWKJM5QRYW; 02-27-2020 at 09:43 AM.

BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by userDVWKJM5QRYW View Post
    Thanks man. Should have mentioned that im a full time student and its pretty tough to get 4 - 5 good clean meals in a day. Been using those 3 scoops to supplement snacks throughout the day.
    First things first though i should start a better routine. Thanks for the help

Ahhh student! Should of said....

But still, as a student... Stick to your basics - Rice, canned tuna & anything calorie dense.....
    You can still eat well whilst being a student..

Yano - Just find yourself some solid advice to follow. But yes, a Solid workout plan is #1 priority!

Something like this;

- Cutz 4 Sloots
    - Virg 4 Lyf Crew

*MMA - Kickboxing*
    *Rugby Crew* - Outside Centre

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You could save money by not buying BCAAs. I wouldn't even bother with them if they were free.

Originally Posted by BulkingAkaFAT View Post
    Ahhh student! Should of said....

But still, as a student... Stick to your basics - Rice, canned tuna & anything calorie dense.....
    You can still eat well whilst being a student..

Yano - Just find yourself some solid advice to follow. But yes, a Solid workout plan is #1 priority!

Something like this;

Thanks for the replies appreciate your time.
    To be fair i grew up playing (american )football and rugby but other than the last 2 weeks havent been in a gym in 3 years maybe. Pissed off at myself for being so lazy for so long. Loving every session 🤘

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You could save money by not buying BCAAs. I wouldn't even bother with them if they were free.
    They gave me a small bit for free with the protein and creatine i bought. Ive heard its good for not depleting muscle when doing cardio days

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You need to post a pic for better advice and drastically change your training program for starters.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by userDVWKJM5QRYW View Post
    They gave me a small bit for free with the protein and creatine i bought. Ive heard its good for not depleting muscle when doing cardio days
    Protein is better. And you should be having that anyway.