finlayed is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Is my workout routine 'okay'?

Hi,
    I'm 18 years old and have been going to the gym for around 2 months now. I've made progress however I'm not sure if my workout routine is okay... I read that the higher the frequency I work for a muscle group then the better so I am doing :

Monday - Chest + arms
    Tuesday - Shoulders + back
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday - rest day
    Friday - Chest + arms
    Saturday - Shoulders and back
    Sunday - Legs

(each gym session is around 1h15mins/1h30mins)
    Is this okay and if not what should I change?

Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000)
    You would be much better doing full body 3 days a week quite honestly.

Assuming your squat bench and deadlift are below intermediate numbers.
    Personal bests: (1RM'S)

S: 167kg
    B: 101kg
    D: 160kg
    O.H.P: 74kg
    C.U: 33kg

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In general, agree with above - although you only listed body parts and no detail on your actual routine so hard to give feedback anyway.

Also would not want to do biceps the day before back or front delts the day after chest twice/week personally, but can be ok depending on how you allocate volume - but from your workout length it sounds like a lot.
    Last edited by air2fakie; 02-25-2020 at 03:00 PM.

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You didn't actually give any information on what your routine consists of.

In terms of the split, it looks alright. At least you've got two leg days, that's a lot better than most of the people who post these sorts of threads
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Monday - Chest + arms + shoulders + back + legs
    Tuesday - rest day
    Wednesday - Chest + arms + shoulders + back + legs
    Thursday - rest day
    Friday - Chest + arms + shoulders + back + legs
    Saturday - rest day
    Sunday - rest day
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Tuesday - rest day
    Thursday - rest day
    Saturday - rest day
    Sunday - rest day
    It doesn't get better than this.
    Personal bests: (1RM'S)

S: 167kg
    B: 101kg
    D: 160kg
    O.H.P: 74kg
    C.U: 33kg

LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Tuesday - rest day
    Thursday - rest day
    Saturday - rest day
    Sunday - rest day
    I think I snorted my greek yogurt!

MindfulTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I like TolerantLactorse split recommendation-- TOTAL BODY! You light up all bodyparts that support all the big lifts

BUT if you really do prefer to train more often, I recommend this bodysplit:

Mon: Upperbody
    Tues: Legs/Abs
    Wed: Rest
    Thurs: Upperbody
    Fri: Legs/Abs
    Sat: Rest
    Sun: REPEAT Cycle you can do Upperbody here again & Mon Legs/Abs so on.

You still get enough rest between various muscle groups to allow recovery at the same time stimulate muscle breakdown/muscle synthesis multiple times during the wk. Challenge yourself with 10-12 sets but don't go balls to the wall with each and every session. And finally of course, your nutrition and sleep needs to be up to par as well to handle consistent workouts
    Precision. Safety. Long-Term Results
    [ do not advertise URLs in your signature ]

Registered User ItsUncleMcNasty's Avatar
    ItsUncleMcNasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsUncleMcNasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsUncleMcNasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsUncleMcNasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsUncleMcNasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsUncleMcNasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsUncleMcNasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsUncleMcNasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsUncleMcNasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsUncleMcNasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsUncleMcNasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Gringer View Post
    You would be much better doing full body 3 days a week quite honestly.

Assuming your squat bench and deadlift are below intermediate numbers.

I think he should do full body for at least a year, maybe even as far as two years. It will give him the fastest gains