Magnusgj is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Started bulk, losing fat.

Hi,

So i've been injured since october and i got back in the jump first week of february, after 3 months of physical therapy. I completely restructured my diet. I went from eating a poor diet where i basically ate bad charbs for breakfast and bad easy solutions for my mid-day meal and then i just ate alot of whatever was made at my place for dinner. I lost 4 kg the first 2 monthsi was injured and i gained it all again the last 2 months. From the looks it was only fat, and clearly around my belly.

I'm not a big guy and i obviously lost muscle in the period.

Current weight: 145 lbs
    Height: 5 foot 8.5 inch.

My current macros and meals
    Breakfast:
    - 4 eggs, 4 slices of thin cut bacon, 1 cup of whole grain oats.
    Meal 2:
    - 200g Chicken, 60g(1cup) rice or bulgur and 150-200g broccoli/vegetables
    Dinner:
    - Whatever is on the menu at my flat. Mostly meat/potatoes/pasta/vegetables (i try to keep it fairly clean)
    Snacks:
    - raisins, peanutes/almonds, 1-2 protein shakes, small weight gain shake(mostly for carbs)

Current macros
    Carbs: 40% = 260-270g
    Fats: 30% = 85-90g
    Protein 30% = 190-200g
    Kcal 2600-2700
    Need approx 2000kcal (1550 absolute minimum)

lift weights 6 times a weight (i'm a student, mostly sedentary work. Not alot of cardio)
    I also have a quite high motabolism.

Now my problem is that for the past three weeks i've been losing weight, and most notably my fat around my belly. This is ofcource not something i am complaining about, but i would just like to know why it is happening and what causes it might be.
    I don't want to bump my kcal up to much because i want it to be a lean bulk.

Hope someone knows abit more about the body and metabolism and bulking in generel than me.

Thanks!

Jpathfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jpathfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jpathfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jpathfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jpathfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jpathfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jpathfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jpathfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jpathfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jpathfit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jpathfit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man,

So if you are consuming 2600-2700 and you are currently losing weight/bodyfat, the first step is to gradually increase calories (50-100) a week consistently until you notice that there is no longer a change in your average weigh ins. From that point on, be more mindful of your weigh ins as you will now likely notice the scale go up to reflect an increase in muscle and bodyfat. But because the increments you are bumping your calories by will be so low, you will likely be mitigating any unnecessary fat gain

You may be surprised to find out how many calories it would take for you to get out of a deficit, towards a maintenance and then finally into a surplus. But don't be afraid of high calories. The only way it would not be considered a lean bulk is if the increments you increased your calories by a substantial amount each week, like over 100 calories.

Adding a few calories week by week will give your body a chance to adapt and upregulate its metabolism to accommodate. These calories will serve you will in your performance and recovery.

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this post is 18 months old - and was the only one OP every made - prolly not gonna reply.
    New Year Fat Loss thread --> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180906143&p=1652695513#post1652695513

start: 248.6 (3/10/21) | bf ~50.0% (9/3/21)
    current: 182.2 (1/13/22) | bf 28.6% (1/13/22)
    new year cut goal: ~165-170lbs & bf~21-22%
    ^^^^^^same as long term goal^^^^^^