FunLynx0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Supplements for workout energy that are safe to use with SSRI’s?

Hey all,

I am very new to the world of bodybuilding and this is my first post to the forum. So, hello!

I am looking to find a suitable supplement to use prior to a workout, primarily to maintain energy as this seems to be an issue I am facing. I am using glucose based energy drinks at the moment, but I am aware this isn’t a good method. Hence, I am looking for a more suitable supplement to use. After looking around, I have found a lot of supplements contain BCAA’s and other ingredients which can be dangerous when using an SSRI medication.

So I was wondering if anyone could recommend/suggest a supplement I could use which doesn’t interfere with SSRI’s? To be honest, it doesn’t have to be too advanced at this point as I am starting out with body weight exercises. Even if it is another brand of drink to use. I am UK based btw.

Thanks in advance.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you considered just using a cup(s) of coffee or a caffeine pill? Does caffeine cause issues with SSRIs? Check with your doctor before taking anything.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Tryptophan turns into serotonin so you made a good call on the BCAA supplementation avoidance. Not many know of such an interaction, but it can lead to more depression in someone already suffering from it.

SSRI's can often increase the effects of caffeine in the body, leading to increased anxiety, possible palpitations etc.

In my opinion a mild amount of caffeine(sub 100mg) should be alright and my go to for that personally is green tea which contains roughly 50mg caffeine per 8oz, it doesn't sound like much but it's surprisingly effective for someone needing a small smooth burst of "pick up". Plus there's the added benefit of catechins, an antioxidant with proven benefits to weight trainers.

For a particular supplement in your region, I'm not sure.

But do tell your prescribing physician about the caffeine intake should you go that route, and definitely ask a pharmacist about any supplement you pick out for possible interactions prior to taking it.
    *Tolerance is the lube that slides the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of civilized society*

*We didn't deserve snailsrus*

As always: not medical advice but medical opinion crew

FunLynx0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you for the response guys.

I will definitely stay clear of BCAA supplements. I find it hard to find any supplements without the BCAA's though.

I will likely try the coffee or green tea route. Tbh, I have coffee socially every now and again or when I need a bit of boost. I have never had an issue with caffeine so I should be alright.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Strong & Unstable