Thread: Cardio

Polysticus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Cardio

Hello everyone!

I've been training for approximately 6 months and I wonder if I should start doing cardio. I didn't do a lot of cardio because I believe that doing cardio as a beginner will burn gains.

Can you recommend me a good GPP training, please.

Thank you in advance

Edit : thank you guys for the help ;D
    Last edited by Polysticus; 02-25-2020 at 05:00 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It depends what you think it will do for you.

It's not a ticket to gaining muscle while losing fat like some people think. It burns a few extra calories (easily offset by tweaking your intake) but it's main function is to improve conditioning - if you need that for some reason.

Bear in mind that the mythical llifter who can't walk up stairs without wheezing just doesn't exist in the general population unless you are talking about 300lb power lifters. Heavy weight training will give you some conditioning, enough for general health and wellbeing. Especially higher rep low body work (which most people try to avoid is seems)

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Bear in mind that the mythical llifter who can't walk up stairs without wheezing just doesn't exist in the general population unless you are talking about 300lb power lifters.
    A guy in my gym who regularly lifts weights (not a huge powerlifter but decent muscle development) wandered into spin class a few months ago. It was bizarre but he was struggling very early and it got really bad until he had to leave about 20 minutes in. Next day, back lifting weights.

OP, you don't have to, but if you want to - definitely do some form of cardio. At the very least, it's good for your heart.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you have a spare 10 minutes read up on this... https://www.strongerbyscience.com/av...ding-you-back/
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Diet restarted, target 69.x Kg, progress poor so far :(

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most people need to do more cardio than they are currently doing. It leads to more intense workouts. Few people get conditioned by lifting though.