Polverise is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Glute injury won’t go away. Doctors don’t know what it is

About a year ago I injured my right glute deadlifting. I didn’t notice the pain until after the gym. The pain was so bad I couldn’t bend over without it hurting me. After a couple days the injury “healed”. But by healed I mean it doesn’t hurt unless I actually do lifts like squat/deadlift. I can hardly do these exercises anymore because of the pain. I’ve been to 3 doctors and all of them had the same conclusion, “it’s probably just a bad glute tear”. All of them referred me to physical therapy and it never helped. Now a year later I can’t do legs or deadlift at all unless I want a sharp pain in my glute.

I’m feel like I’m out of options. What can I do?

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    See an Orthopedic Surgeon who works with athletes (i.e a pro sports team doctor)

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Polverise View Post
    About a year ago I injured my right glute deadlifting. I didn’t notice the pain until after the gym. The pain was so bad I couldn’t bend over without it hurting me. After a couple days the injury “healed”. But by healed I mean it doesn’t hurt unless I actually do lifts like squat/deadlift. I can hardly do these exercises anymore because of the pain. I’ve been to 3 doctors and all of them had the same conclusion, “it’s probably just a bad glute tear”. All of them referred me to physical therapy and it never helped. Now a year later I can’t do legs or deadlift at all unless I want a sharp pain in my glute.

I’m feel like I’m out of options. What can I do?
    Been there. Are you able to do the squat/deadlift movements as body weight exercises? If so, start ultra light and cautiously increase poundage while doing the movements slowly. Just doing slow negatives with pauses in the stretched position will cut the amount weight you can use.

Polverise is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes I can. I tried going light but as I increased the weight it got to a point where the pain was too much

Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not a doctor but there is a possibility that could be Pirifomis Syndrome. Sounds like what I had in early 2018. I got rid of it by massaging with a tennis ball gently. I also couldn't deadlift or squat for a couple of months until I got rid of it.

I would also agree with others saying to see an orthopedic surgeon.
    Last edited by Gringer; 03-03-2020 at 04:11 AM.
    Personal bests: (1RM'S)

S: 167kg
    B: 101kg
    D: 160kg
    O.H.P: 74kg
    C.U: 33kg

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Polverise View Post
    Yes I can. I tried going light but as I increased the weight it got to a point where the pain was too much
    Stay light and do slow negatives with pauses. Don't be in a rush. Don't chase numbers.