friendlyfire31 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Legs and triceps same day

I Really want to fit in 3 day routine a week.

The thing with the leg day is that i barely have energy for anything else, so i'm thinking pairing it with legs as it's easiest muscle group to do.

friendlyfire31 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I also have some questions and looking for some general advice but don't know where to post it

I devised this workout program and wonder if you could point any shortcomings if any.

_Chest/ biceps_
    Bench Press 3x
    Incline Bench Press 3x
    Dips 3x
    Peck-deck or cable fly 3-4x/
    Barbell Curl 3-4x
    Dumbbell Biceps Curl 3x
    preacher curl 2x

_II Back/shoulders_
    Barbell Deadlift 4x
    Barbell bent-over row 3x
    close grip pull down 3x
    Pull-ups 2x max
    seated cable-row 2x/
    Dumbbell Press 4x
    dumbbell side lateral raise 3x
    rear delt raise machine 3x
    barbell raise to chin 3x

_III Legs/triceps_
    Squats 4x
    leg press 3x
    leg curls(on belly lying) 4x
    Leg extension 3x
    Standing calf raises 4x16-18/
    Rope tricep pushdown 3x
    Lying tricep extension(skullcrusher) 3x
    random tricep exec 3x

I usually do 10,8,8 for most exercises.
    Trying to do a bit more (10,10,8,8) for legs. Also often fail the last set and only do only 6. I didn't pair chest/shoulders and back/biceps because the latter feels tired after then main group. I paired triceps with legs because it's the easiest group to do and i feel exhausted after doing legs.

Also i can't eat every few hours so i'm replacing it with 2-3 solid meals a day + eating few nuts, slice of sausage/cheese here and there while passing the kitchen. Is this somewhat ok ?

age 33, a bit taller, slim-fat body type.
    Last edited by friendlyfire31; 02-23-2020 at 07:25 AM.

BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000)
    looks fine
    Second by second, you lose the opportunity of becoming the person you want to be.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For 3 days/week with a "slim fat" body, I think you're better off with a full body routine. If you want more volume than Fierce 5, you can do All Pro. But all up to you.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The bad:
    Low frequency. A muscle group will never need 7 days of rest.
    Lots of junk volume, especially since arms are hit with all pulling and pushing compounds.
    More bi/tri work than lower body.
    Bad push/pull ratio. This could lead to shoulder issues.
    No progression. You probably need a linear plan.
    No deload, reset plan.
    The entire upper body is broken up into bits and pieces.

The good:
    There is still time to get on a proper program and avoid all of the above.
    Last edited by TAWS6; 02-23-2020 at 12:00 PM.

jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    The bad:
    1 Low frequency. A muscle group will never need 7 days of rest.
    2 Lots of junk volume, especially since arms are hit with all pulling and pushing compounds.
    3 More bi/tri work than lower body.
    4 Bad push/pull ratio. This could lead to shoulder issues.
    5 No progression. You probably need a linear plan.
    6 No deload, reset plan.
    7 The entire upper body is broken up into bits and pieces.

The good:
    There is still time to get on a proper program and avoid all of the above.
    1. True. I don't understand PPL for people who go to the gym 3 times a week.

2. Not that hit, in my opinion. I am not an advanced lifter, so I am not trying to contradict you, just my two cents and my short experience. At first, I did mostly compounds, following the advices here, and saw no change in my arms. I've seen some changes only after I started doing single joint exercises for bis and tris.

3. For most beginners, including myself, arms have something special. Because they are more easy to notice (by you and the others, with/without clothes) and the muscle-mind connection is easier when you do curls, for example. It's a trap, I know! But many beginners just want to look better in a t-shirt, nothing special. Filling those sleeves! But I agree with what you said. Just

6. Many people have unplanified deloads. Sick days, holidays, family stuff, trips.