Meier23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Is there any Whey Protein that doesn't have an aftertaste?

Hello everyone, this is my first post. This however is not my first time looking over the community section of BB forum. I was wondering if anyone have a recommendation on which protein powders have no after taste.

I've bought the on gold standard and evlution nutrition protein isolate before, however i wasnt able to use those products because of an after taste. The after taste without fail leads me to throw up.

Ive tried refrigerating the protein powders, make smoothies with them; water based and milk based with variations of fruits/yogurt/peanut butter but i can never stomach the aftertaste.

Eventually i gave up on whey protein powder and i had to buy products such as fairlife protein rtd, core power elite 42g rtfd and premier protein rtd. All three of those drinks didnt have an aftertaste, so i was wondering, does anyone know of any protein powders that do not have an after taste or ways to remove the after taste such as the rtds?

Some of my background. The reason i am looking for protein powder is to help in weight loss and to try and build some muscles. Im about 6ft 4in and about 6 months ago i had a gastric surgery to aid in l a lifestyle change to get healhier. So far i've lost over a hundred lbs. I am at a point now where its much easier to exercise without huffing and puffing.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have yet to try a protein that doesn’t have some sort of aftertaste. ON whey is what I use and it has the best taste and mix ability by far.

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hmm..
    For me, it's usually chocolate flavored whey that doesn't have an after-taste.
    Try experimenting a bit more for yourself (flavor or brands) with samples to avoid having to go through a whole tub.

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Theres quite a few protein powders that taste like actual milk shakes
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Do you guys have any recommendations to which brand should i buy?

Also does anyone know why the ready to drink protein shakes possess no after taste? I initially thought it was the type of whey that they were using but looking at the ingredients list they either use whey concentrate or isolate or sometimes a blend.

I've also tried bcaa capsules in hope's of boosting my protein intake but that has become somewhat uncomfortable to drink 8 to 24 pills a day. Trying to hit a 60 to 90 grams of protein a days seems so out there without a protein powder drink.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Meier23 View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Do you guys have any recommendations to which brand should i buy?

Also does anyone know why the ready to drink protein shakes possess no after taste? I initially thought it was the type of whey that they were using but looking at the ingredients list they either use whey concentrate or isolate or sometimes a blend.

I've also tried bcaa capsules in hope's of boosting my protein intake but that has become somewhat uncomfortable to drink 8 to 24 pills a day. Trying to hit a 60 to 90 grams of protein a days seems so out there without a protein powder drink.
    Can you not just eat a protein source instead?
    Strong & Unstable

Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post
    Can you not just eat a protein source instead?
    Hello, I do try to eat a lot of protein, however after the surgery my stomach capacity has shrunk immensely.

At the moment i am only able to eat less than 5 oz of meat protein for maybe 2 meals and about 2oz of protein from beans due to the size of my new stomach.

I try to also snack on snack on meats. I am suppose to stay away from whole beef (steaks) for 6 months. So I've been eating lean pork, fish, lamb and ground beef, all either grilled or baked.

Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm in the same boat looking for a good tasting Whey that doesn't have that aftertaste. Recommendations would be great!

InfraRen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) InfraRen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) InfraRen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) InfraRen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) InfraRen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) InfraRen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) InfraRen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) InfraRen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) InfraRen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) InfraRen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) InfraRen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I love the Kaged Muscle Whey Protein Isolates. They're definitely on the sweeter side, but they don't have any lingering flavors. No artificial flavors or colors in them either .

Also, Dymatize ISO 100 Orange Dreamsicle may be the best tasting protein I've ever had .
    Last edited by InfraRen; 02-24-2020 at 08:33 AM.
    β“€ Kaged Muscle Forum Representative β“€

β™› COUNTRYMIKE Appreciation Crew β™›

β™« www.instagram.com/infraren β™«

blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by InfraRen View Post
    I love the Kaged Muscle Whey Protein Isolates. They're definitely on the sweeter side, but they don't have any lingering flavors. No artificial flavors or colors in them either .

Also, Dymatize ISO 100 Orange Dreamsicle may be the best tasting protein I've ever had .
    I think I am the only one who wasn't impressed with that specific flavor. All flavors of iso-100 were perfect, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as other flavors. Peanut butter flavor was out of this world. My favorite flavor in general.
    OP I haven't had any issues with aftertastes tbh. dymatize, bpi, bsn, nutrabio etc. all of them taste great. Trying samples before purchasing would be a good idea. And maybe go with vanilla flavor.
    I lift things up and put them down...

**CountryMike Appreciation Crew**

I <3 Liquid Super Protein Aminos...

I <3 Keto bomb...

Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Badgerfitt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by blokpost View Post
    I think I am the only one who wasn't impressed with that specific flavor. All flavors of iso-100 were perfect, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as other flavors. Peanut butter flavor was out of this world. My favorite flavor in general.
    OP I haven't had any issues with aftertastes tbh. dymatize, bpi, bsn, nutrabio etc. all of them taste great. Trying samples before purchasing would be a good idea. And maybe go with vanilla flavor.
    Think I am going to try this brand as reviews look good, annoyingly can't seem to find any sample sizes in the U.K so may have to bite the bullet and go for a full size tub. Vanilla, cookies and creme or fudge brownie are the decision. Also do you mix with water as I know milk makes it taste much better but looking for something thats good with plain old water.

blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blokpost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Badgerfitt View Post
    Think I am going to try this brand as reviews look good, annoyingly can't seem to find any sample sizes in the U.K so may have to bite the bullet and go for a full size tub. Vanilla, cookies and creme or fudge brownie are the decision. Also do you mix with water as I know milk makes it taste much better but looking for something thats good with plain old water.
    Mostly mix mine in water. For some flavors, milk is better though.
    I lift things up and put them down...

**CountryMike Appreciation Crew**

I <3 Liquid Super Protein Aminos...

I <3 Keto bomb...

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸͺ³ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Drink egg whites
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Manlets gonna make it Natty1980's Avatar
    Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have to brush your teeth thoroughly after a shake: protein and lactose make bacteria proliferate and your mouth taste like chit.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Please don't buy bcaa to try to boost protein intake. That's...that's not how it works.

You aren't able to hit 60+ grams of protein a day without powder? Are you eating food? What do you typically eat?? Im pretty sure you should be getting significantly more protein than this (assuming male, and 6'4"). How much do you weigh and how many calories are you getting each day?

Originally Posted by InfraRen View Post

Hi, thank you for your reply I will try that out. On my next order, or find a place that offers free samples.

Originally Posted by blokpost View Post
    Hi, thank you also for your reply. Do you know of any places where I could get samples of protein powders to try those that you've listed and what InfraRen also recommended?

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    Please don't buy bcaa to try to boost protein intake. That's...that's not how it works.

You aren't able to hit 60+ grams of protein a day without powder? Are you eating food? What do you typically eat?? I'm pretty sure you should be getting significantly more protein than this (assuming male, and 6'4"). How much do you weigh and how many calories are you getting each day?
    Hello and thank you as well as others that replied. I am currently not able to hit my 60+ protein at all. I've been this way ever since I had the surgery. With my stomach shrunken I cannot eat/hold as much food as a normal person. At the moment it is also impossible for me to overeat and once my stomach is full with 6oz of food, I stay full for a much longer period time, so I'm not able to keep eating 6oz of proteins in hour intervals. The things that I can eat/getting protein from is, white meat chicken grilled or baked with no skin, pork baked or grilled, fish baked or grilled, lamb grilled or baked and hard-boiled eggs whenever I can. I also try to get protein from yogurt such as the triple zero Oikos protein. I am unable to eat beef because of dietary restrictions for my post-op. Also to keep in mind I am on a low fat, no sugar restriction (but I can't do cold turkey sugar, so I'm at < 8grams of sugar a day, which I usually have with 12oz of coffee in the morning). Right now I currently weigh about 350lbs.

Side Note: I think I found a somewhat temporary solution to the after taste, a few months ago I read that if I mixed in a tbsp of peanut butter in my protein shake it would help with the aftertaste. I was reluctant to try it when I first read it, but I told my GF about it and she decided to try it instead of me because she can drink the protein shakes without being bothered by the after taste. So she made a protein shake and I tried it, and I'm glad to say it works! . The peanut butter does mask the after taste. I was extremely surprised and elated. So for the past week, I've been able to get more protein. So far I can make a protein shake consisting of Almond unsweetened milk, ice, 2 scoops of ON Gold Standard protein, half a banana and 1 tbsp of peanut butter and heck it works great. I am just waiting for the point where I get tired of peanut butter taste or I have the dreaded milk after-taste. The milk after taste happened to be during my pre-op diet which was about a month-long of constant RTD protein shakes, 3x a day.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hi, thank you for your reply I will try that out. On my next order, or find a place that offers free samples.

Hi, thank you also for your reply. Do you know of any places where I could get samples of protein powders to try those that you've listed and what InfraRen also recommended?

Hello and thank you as well as others that replied. I am currently not able to hit my 60+ protein at all. I've been this way ever since I had the surgery. With my stomach shrunken I cannot eat/hold as much food as a normal person. At the moment it is also impossible for me to overeat and once my stomach is full with 6oz of food, I stay full for a much longer period time, so I'm not able to keep eating 6oz of proteins in hour intervals. The things that I can eat/getting protein from is, white meat chicken grilled or baked with no skin, pork baked or grilled, fish baked or grilled, lamb grilled or baked and hard-boiled eggs whenever I can. I also try to get protein from yogurt such as the triple zero Oikos protein. I am unable to eat beef because of dietary restrictions for my post-op. Also to keep in mind I am on a low fat, no sugar restriction (but I can't do cold turkey sugar, so I'm at < 8grams of sugar a day, which I usually have with 12oz of coffee in the morning). Right now I currently weigh about 350lbs.

Side Note: I think I found a somewhat temporary solution to the after taste, a few months ago I read that if I mixed in a tbsp of peanut butter in my protein shake it would help with the aftertaste. I was reluctant to try it when I first read it, but I told my GF about it and she decided to try it instead of me because she can drink the protein shakes without being bothered by the after taste. So she made a protein shake and I tried it, and I'm glad to say it works! . The peanut butter does mask the after taste. I was extremely surprised and elated. So for the past week, I've been able to get more protein. So far I can make a protein shake consisting of Almond unsweetened milk, ice, 2 scoops of ON Gold Standard protein, half a banana and 1 tbsp of peanut butter and heck it works great. I am just waiting for the point where I get tired of peanut butter taste or I have the dreaded milk after-taste. The milk after taste happened to be during my pre-op diet which was about a month-long of constant RTD protein shakes, 3x a day.
    Glad you found a solution. I also enjoy putting either peanuts or peanut butter into my protein shakes.
    β€œThose who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire