Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Any New Revolutionary Products For Weight Loaded Pushups?

Thought I'd post this since going back to banging out pushups within and in between my weightliftinging sessions, variations included (I don't know why I ever neglected them for a while with dips in their place).

I've been etching out my serratus anterior and ab muscles to a decent degree combined with the lifting (like I did years ago combining the two).

I know usually backpacks with plates inside were a popular solution as well as someone putting a plate on your back and weight vests...anything else these days worth a look beside the above mentioned, or any recommendation of a good reputable weight vest, or solution worth mentioning presently?

daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post

or solution worth mentioning presently?
    I do push ups on my gym rings. They're set only a couple of inches off the floor and I incorporate a chest fly into the movement. There is little need for extra weight.

Leprechuan71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leprechuan71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leprechuan71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leprechuan71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leprechuan71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leprechuan71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leprechuan71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leprechuan71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leprechuan71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leprechuan71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leprechuan71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thought I'd post this since going back to banging out pushups within and in between my weightliftinging sessions, variations included (I don't know why I ever neglected them for a while with dips in their place).

I've been etching out my serratus anterior and ab muscles to a decent degree combined with the lifting (like I did years ago combining the two).

I know usually backpacks with plates inside were a popular solution as well as someone putting a plate on your back and weight vests...anything else these days worth a look beside the above mentioned, or any recommendation of a good reputable weight vest, or solution worth mentioning presently?
    Resistance bands work really well for this.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    10+ years and still going strong, the absolute GOAT for pushups!

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post

Kinda sucks that I sold my "Perfect Pushup" handles to a friend of mine years ago thinking they had no effect compared to standard pushups (the younger self saying "I don't need these, I get a deeper contraction on regular pushups")...unless you're referencing strictly stationary ones like pictured, in that case I might have to send Dean a message for those, or see if he got 'em on his site.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never considered that, but I bet Dean could make a pretty close fat grip replica of these! Which are massive BTW, stupid that BeachBody stopped making them, guess they were just too pricey with plastic versions out there at 1/4 the price.

Edit: Looks like they pop up every now and again!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/114103885560

dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    I do push ups on my gym rings. They're set only a couple of inches off the floor and I incorporate a chest fly into the movement. There is little need for extra weight.
    I just started doing these with my rings. The pushups aren't too different than my perfect pushups other than the extra stabilization but the body weight ring flyes are great.

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I have these too. One of my best equipment purchases. They should have never stopped making them.

Athlean-X has some push up videos with interesting variations. Here's one, but there are others. I've seen him incorporate bands as well.

MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaineBarnLift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Kinda sucks that I sold my "Perfect Pushup" handles to a friend of mine years ago thinking they had no effect compared to standard pushups (the younger self saying "I don't need these, I get a deeper contraction on regular pushups")...unless you're referencing strictly stationary ones like pictured, in that case I might have to send Dean a message for those, or see if he got 'em on his site.
    He does. Can't include a link (not enough posts) but under accessories as push up handles. $60

It's not a massive difference, but if your already spending the money I would just have Dean angle the handles like the original Powerstands, or buy the real deal on eBay and call it a day. Feels much more natural in your wrists and I'm guessing it will help decrease pain in the future. They are so good I just bought an extra pair from that auction just to have backups on hand or for training partners.

To those who use the rings and attach them up top to the rack's pull up bar, any good recommended ones?

I heard somewhere that they have ones that are marked to indicate that each one is adjusted evenly at different heights, but not sure of the brand(s) that do that.

I found the link to Dean's pushup/parallette style handles. Would the parallette version be more, or less beneficial when putting them up against the Beach Body ones, or would one just be better off having Dean mimic the exact style of Beach Body's handles, but with a thicker diameter grip like mentioned above?

https://www.blackwidowtg.com/product_p/parallette.htm

dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    These the ones you have UL? They that good really?
    ▪[[────]]▪ York Barbell Club #65 ▪[[────]]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #65 []---[]
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #3 ▪[M]===[6]▪
    ─</>─<\>─ BWTG Cluster #65 ─</>─<\>─
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #65 ||---|| ▪█────█▪ Equipment Crew #74 ▪█────█▪

Sig line is not a novel.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just use a set of dumbbells, not as deep as the aftermarket handles.... but it does the job for a little deeper movement.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Edit: Looks like they pop up every now and again!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/114103885560
    Thanks man! In for one at $74 shipped.

lsu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lsu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lsu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lsu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lsu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lsu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lsu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lsu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lsu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lsu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lsu777 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To those who use the rings and attach them up top to the rack's pull up bar, any good recommended ones?

I heard somewhere that they have ones that are marked to indicate that each one is adjusted evenly at different heights, but not sure of the brand(s) that do that.

I found the link to Dean's pushup/parallette style handles. Would the parallette version be more, or less beneficial when putting them up against the Beach Body ones, or would one just be better off having Dean mimic the exact style of Beach Body's handles, but with a thicker diameter grip like mentioned above?

https://www.blackwidowtg.com/product_p/parallette.htm

I have a bunch of different things and nothing does the trick like ring pushups. I have the wooden ones from cff and they are marked for easy adjustment.

https://cffstrengthequipment.com/pro...99e7686f&_ss=r

If you do ring pushups and really concentrate on turning the rings in and squeezing, you get a crazy contraction in the chest. The thing about a good set of rings is they open a ton of possibilities from rows, chins, pushups, dips, rear delt "Y's" to ab variations to bicep curls tricep extensions and all of the gymnastic static holds.

Plus they can be attached to a sled for even more versatility.

To me they are the most important piece to a home gym after bar/rack/bench because they open open so many things.
    I don't believe in deloading. Instead you should find someone at the gym, ask them to be your friend, once you are friends ask them to blind fold you, make sure not to look cheeky because otherwise they might get the wrong end of the stick. Then ask them to load the bar with a number between 2.5kg - 250kg, then blast out 4x10 reps. You gotta get past that mental block, deloads are a waste of time and you don't get any kudos from your new friend at the gym. Seeking: Hip Press

dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I have wooden Titan rings. No marking but good so far. Rep has rings with marked straps for $22? But they were out of stock when I was buying. I immediately regretted not getting marked straps.. ended up buying a special marker and measured out and marked my own lines

daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I got some custom ring straps made for the purpose.

They have three loops to set them at different heights.

I can place them near the ceiling for pull ups, mid level for dips and inverted rows and low for push ups.

I doubt I'd cope if I actually had to adjust something and try and make them level.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not really revolutionary but chain around the neck having down will add resistance as well as bands9different widths) around the back held by the hands as already mentioned.
    I like the regular push up handles also that you can get at most sporting goods stores for $20 or so.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I built these copies of EliteFTS bear crawl handles. I mainly use them for pushups as my arthritic wrists don't like doing PU with my hands flat on the floor plus I get a little more stretch with the raised handles. A friend cut out the circles in his machine shop and the rest was pretty easy to cut and weld up.

Attached Images
    Sig line can't be a novel

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd been looking for an excuse to add gymnastics rings to my home gym. Feel silly for not thinking of using them for push ups. I ordered some off amazon and they arrived today.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YTJSPHC..._KZVwEbHY78YJR

Initial impressions are positive. Easy to attach and adjust with the caribiners. Rings are smooth but not slick. Feel very sturdy. Going to incorporate them into my routine on Monday.

radrd, thanks for the recommendation, I actually have an amazon gift card and might just use it on those.

To the people who own rings, in regards to using them for pullups, do you find them difficult to achieve when attached to a pullup bar inside the rack due to them hanging down lower than the actual pullup bar?

I'll mostly use them for pushups, inverted rows and perhaps dips, but good to know for versatility...my power rack is 7.5' tall and I'm 5'8".

radrd, thanks for the recommendation, I actually have an amazon gift card and might just use it on those.

To the people who own rings, in regards to using them for pullups, do you find them difficult to achieve when attached to a pullup bar inside the rack due to them hanging down lower than the actual pullup bar?

I'll mostly use them for pushups, inverted rows and perhaps dips, but good to know for versatility...my power rack is 7.5' tall and I'm 5'8".
    You'll be bending your legs but otherwise I think pull ups will work fine.

I attached mine to the ceiling, not a rack. I have plenty to room for pull ups.
    Attached Images

I use mine for inverted rows, dips, ring flyes and pushups. I use 3" cannonball grips for pull-ups. I have my rings and grips mounted to the ceiling using Titans ceiling mounted ring hanger. If I want enough head clearance, I still have to bend my knees slightly and I'm 5'11.

Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    I attached mine to the ceiling, not a rack. I have plenty to room for pull ups.
    I'm thinking I might go with something like a pair of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YW8V2D3..._uk-wEb68QS6FK

Though I wonder if having them swivel is really such a good idea. One more variable could be counter productive.

I went ahead and purchased the CFF Pitbull rings mainly because they were on sale and appear to be quick to adjust just in case I want to change exercises quickly, I look forward to adding them in.

Another question, for those who attach rings to a pullup bar in the rack if you're of the ones who have a monkey pullup bar, would I be better off looping the straps to the neutral grips so they are square in the middle?

Also, I assume the wider neutral grips would be the better attachment point if so, am I right?

Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

odd timing, came across a pair last week for $20

pushup.jpg

^^^Funny how that happens isn't it? Maybe if I keep talking about the old IM/Hoist Quick Change Db's another set will surface on CL or Facebook LOL

Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Cleveland33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ^^^Funny how that happens isn't it? Maybe if I keep talking about the old IM/Hoist Quick Change Db's another set will surface on CL or Facebook LOL
    yea because I always remembered about you loving those, but never really remembered what they looked like and never would have thought twice about getting pushup handles but because it was fresh in my mind