Thread: Next Workout?

CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Next Workout?

Hi.

I did AllPro last year for about 10 months. Currently I am on week 6 into Fierce 5 Beginner. I think possibly 3-5 more months and I should be done. I wonder what should I do next to increase my muscle gains ? I can train only 3 days a week. What would be best bang for a buck in my situation?

Few details about myself:

Front squat progress :80 lbs to 140 lbs
    Back squat 80lbs to 140 lbs
    Bench: 80 lbs to 130 lbs I have added more weight to progress as felt too easy
    Overhead press:40 lbs to 85 lbs
    Romanian deadlift 80 lbs to 140 lbs
    Later pull down; 60 lbs to 100 lbs
    Cable face pulls 20 lbs to 30 lbs
    Calf raises 80 lbs to 140 lbs
    Triceps pull down currently 80 lbs
    Curl currently 45 lbs
    Pendlay row 60 lbs to 80 lbs

I am 34 years old, 89 kg, 1.73 cm

Any advice much appreciated.

BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CooolStoryBro View Post
    Hi.

I did AllPro last year for about 10 months. Currently I am on week 6 into Fierce 5 Beginner. I think possibly 3-5 more months and I should be done. I wonder what should I do next to increase my muscle gains ? I can train only 3 days a week. What would be best bang for a buck in my situation?

Few details about myself:

Front squat progress :80 lbs to 140 lbs
    Back squat 80lbs to 140 lbs
    Bench: 80 lbs to 130 lbs I have added more weight to progress as felt too easy
    Overhead press:40 lbs to 85 lbs
    Romanian deadlift 80 lbs to 140 lbs
    Later pull down; 60 lbs to 100 lbs
    Cable face pulls 20 lbs to 30 lbs
    Calf raises 80 lbs to 140 lbs
    Triceps pull down currently 80 lbs
    Curl currently 45 lbs
    Pendlay row 60 lbs to 80 lbs

I am 34 years old, 89 kg, 1.73 cm

Any advice much appreciated.
    I like Coolcicada PPL

CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CooolStoryBro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks mate

Any other suggestions?

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In 4 or 5 months time, MadCow with 3 sets of pull-ups at the end of every session.

That gives you 3 times a week and maximum bang-for-buck, although less variety than you have now (e.g. no front squat) but that's the price of being more minimal
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Diet restarted, target 69.x Kg, progress poor so far :(

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    In 4 or 5 months time, MadCow with 3 sets of pull-ups at the end of every session.

That gives you 3 times a week and maximum bang-for-buck, although less variety than you have now (e.g. no front squat) but that's the price of being more minimal
    Is the MadCow designed to build strength ? Feels like not much volume for hypertrophy. After Fierce 5 I wont bother with strength for about one year , I would like to purely focus on getting as much muscle mass as possible.

How about The Vikings The Bare Bones 3 day full body. Would that be good after Fuerce 5? Fierce 5 beginner then The Vikings full body creator says it's more for I intermediate and volume seems higher. That should work then right?

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    F5 has intermediate programs. Full body is going to be tough to handle after a year or so.

Edit Why are your lifts so low?

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    F5 has intermediate programs. Full body is going to be tough to handle after a year or so.

Edit Why are your lifts so low?
    F5 Has intermediate but its 4 days, I can do only 3 days. My lifts are low because I was inconsistent, macros not that good and not much sleep... thanks to my wonderful kids 😀 anyways this will change soon. I will have much more time so will improve all of that. The Vikings full body seems appealing. My lifts should go up s lot by the end of F5. I started pretty low.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My lifts are low because I was inconsistent, macros not that good and not much sleep...
    Whatever the reason, you're still a novice. Everyone has a life outside the gym they have to deal with so it's not a knock on you. In the end, the barbell is an inanimate object and it doesn't give waivers. You have to do the work to get to intermediate.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Whatever the reason, you're still a novice. Everyone has a life outside the gym they have to deal with so it's not a knock on you. In the end, the barbell is an inanimate object and it doesn't give waivers. You have to do the work to get to intermediate.
    That's true. I still consider myself as beginner. That's why I do F5 beginner my week 6 so far. When i will hit heavier weights and finish F5,i want to move to intermediate program focused more on hypertrophy rather than strength. Hence, came across The Vikings, what do you think is my plan reasonable, logic ?

BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's true. I still consider myself as beginner. That's why I do F5 beginner my week 6 so far. When i will hit heavier weights and finish F5,i want to move to intermediate program focused more on hypertrophy rather than strength. Hence, came across The Vikings, what do you think is my plan reasonable, logic ?
    Best advice is don’t rush. You will make more size and strength gains doing a beginner program, full body, 3x a week.

Once you can’t keep adding weight every week or so and you can’t beat a plateau in 2 or more big compound lifts, then you are an intermediate lifter. By then you will start to look like you lift. It isn’t a sprint, it is a marathon.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Once you're intermediate do a 3 day split such Lower/Upper/Full. So basically a fierce 5 hybrid using the intermediate progression plan. The full body day may have to be scaled back at the intermediate level so that would be something to experiment with.

Example setup
    Monday- Lower: Squat, Weighted back ext, Leg press, Leg curl, Calfs/Ab
    Wednesday- Upper: Bench, Row, Incline, Pull down, Curl, Face pull
    Friday- Full body: Leg press, Bench, Pendlay row, Face pull

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Best advice is don’t rush. You will make more size and strength gains doing a beginner program, full body, 3x a week.

Once you can’t keep adding weight every week or so and you can’t beat a plateau in 2 or more big compound lifts, then you are an intermediate lifter. By then you will start to look like you lift. It isn’t a sprint, it is a marathon.
    Yes that's the plan. As F5 creator said I will be done if I cant beat plateau after reset and a week deload. I have not failed anything yet and most exercises still feel easy so I think possibly 3-5 more months and I should be done. I want to do at least 5 x 220 lbs squat, 8x 200 lbs Romanian deadlift, 5x 180 lbs bench, 5x 120 lbs overhead press by the I finish F5. Hope it's not unrealistic goal.

Once you're intermediate do a 3 day split such Lower/Upper/Full. So basically a fierce 5 hybrid using the intermediate progression plan. The full body day may have to be scaled back at the intermediate level so that would be something to experiment with.

Example setup
    Monday- Lower: Squat, Weighted back ext, Leg press, Leg curl, Calfs/Ab
    Wednesday- Upper: Bench, Row, Incline, Pull down, Curl, Face pull
    Friday- Full body: Leg press, Bench, Pendlay row, Face pull
    Ok that makes sense. Are there any lifts targets so that I can consider to be intermediate? Like the ones I just posted in my previous post. I hope I can achieve that lifts bybthe end of F5. Would that lifts put me into intermediate category?

Ok that makes sense. Are there any lifts targets so that I can consider to be intermediate? Like the ones I just posted in my previous post. I hope I can achieve that lifts bybthe end of F5. Would that lifts put me into intermediate category?
    Its more about your ability to progress but I'd say for an average sized male a 225x5 bench and a 315x5 squat would be a good target goal before switching to intermediate.

Its more about your ability to progress but I'd say for an average sized male a 225x5 bench and a 315x5 squat would be a good target goal before switching to intermediate.
    These are not unrealistic goals. OP your target goals were kind of light even after factoring in your height, weight and age.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I want to do at least 5 x 220 lbs squat, 8x 200 lbs Romanian deadlift, 5x 180 lbs bench, 5x 120 lbs overhead press by the I finish F5. Hope it's not unrealistic goal.
    I think those are on the conservative side.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Thanks guys for all the advices. I will try to achieve mentioned lifts and l will then move to Intermediate program. I will let you know in couple of months how is the progress!