wtguard is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Any workout plan that lets me do more deadlifts and squats?

My goals are to get stronger, build muscle, lower body fat... and more functional core. I really like the 5x5 workout that I've started but it only has me lifting 3 days a week. I am very addicted to exercise and would prefer minimum of 5 days. So I have a few questions:

-Is there any workout where I can do deadlifts and squats more than just 3 days? Or would I not see results because I'm not giving muscles enough rest?
    -Can I do high rep light weight versions of deadlifts and squats on recovery days/days I'm not training? Would this impact results?

Thanks for your time.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're a beginner you're not suited to (and don't need to) squat and deadlift 5x/week. It'd be challenging for even an experienced lifter to allocate volume for this. If you're going to do this, focus on just one of them - but again, don't recommend it unless you know what you're doing.

ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wtguard View Post
    My goals are to get stronger, build muscle, lower body fat... and more functional core. I really like the 5x5 workout that I've started but it only has me lifting 3 days a week. I am very addicted to exercise and would prefer minimum of 5 days. So I have a few questions:

-Is there any workout where I can do deadlifts and squats more than just 3 days? Or would I not see results because I'm not giving muscles enough rest?
    -Can I do high rep light weight versions of deadlifts and squats on recovery days/days I'm not training? Would this impact results?

Thanks for your time.
    Sure, just run a ULULULx. Do RDL instead of DL on two of the leg days.

What happens to most people who overdo it like that is they feel tired all the time, stop progressing in weight, and then post on forums asking what they're doing wrong. Sometimes they learn and get better, sometimes they give up. Either way, it's your training.
    Currently running prison workouts due to Covid 19 lockdown 2020:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178174971

Main program: Calgary Barbell 8 Week:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1596837361&viewfull=1#post1596837361

Lifts heavy sh*t crew
    Burger bulk crew
    Squats in socks crew
    Straps crew
    I do what the f* I wanna do crew

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am very addicted to exercise and would prefer minimum of 5 days.
    Lots of people are enthusiastic. Very few people are dedicated. Dedication is far more important.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If you're a beginner you're not suited to (and don't need to) squat and deadlift 5x/week. It'd be challenging for even an experienced lifter to allocate volume for this. If you're going to do this, focus on just one of them - but again, don't recommend it unless you know what you're doing.
    ^^^^
    Literally this.

Squatting and deadlifting 5x a week IS NOT gonna work out like you think it is. Nor will working out 5x a week as a beginner in general.

BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000) BeginnerGainz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Lots of people are enthusiastic. Very few people are dedicated. Dedication is far more important.
    Also this.

You have to think long term. Training is a marathon not a sprint. You have to take into account recovery as well as what happens when the weights start getting heavier.

Thanks for your time.
    You do not want to do high rep sets of deadlifts. Ever. Use an RDL or SLDL at lower weights instead if YOU MUST have more deadlifting (which you do not). For lifts off the floor/off blocks/off a rack keep them in the 1-5 rep range for a single set or at most 2 sets. Once I got to 455 I completely stopped doing deadlifts but once every few weeks at 90% in singles to keep it fresh. For regular training I do good mornings. The difference is night and day. The muscles get worked harder, it has an eccentric component, my backside has blown up more than just with deadlifts and I don’t feel like s*** for a week.