aocruz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I don't know if I'm really tired or just making excuses.. (Beginner workout here)

Please excuse me for the long post and some of my grammar here as I'm currently typing out this out quickly during my job. I really want to get this problem of mines solved.

-----------------

I am a 21 year old, 5'10 male who weighs 165lbs.

-----------------

About one month ago I decided to get in touch with an online bodybuilder coach in order for me to reach my dream of becoming a bodybuilder as well.

However, I ended up having to cancel his services because of me not properly checking whether or not I could continue to afford his services for the next following months due to the amount of money I was receiving from my current internship program.

I'm also planning to send him an email to ask him about my issue but I wanted to know your guys input first.

---------------

I was started off with a Resistance training program:

DAY 1:

1. 1-arm DB row: 3 x 8-10
    2. Wide-grip cable pulldown: 3 x 10-12
    3. DB pullover (with straight arms): 3 x 10-12
    4. Cable or machine row: 3 x 8-10
    5. Bent over DB lateral raise: 3 x 10-12
    6. BB deadlifts OR hyperextensions: 3 x 6-8 (if deadlifts), or 10 - 15 (if hyperextensions)
    7. BB curl: 3 x 10 - 12
    8. DB hammer curl: 3 x 8-10/ea

DAY 2:

1. BB squats OR front squats: 3 x 10-12
    2. Leg press (plate loaded): 3 x 10 - 12
    3. Leg extensions: 3 x 10-12
    4. Walking DB lunges OR Bulgarian slit squats: 3 x 10-12/leg
    5. DB Romanian deadlifts: 3 x 8-10
    6. Lying or seated leg curl: 3 x 10-12
    7. Stading calf raise: 3 x 10-12

DAY 3:

1. Flat DB bench press: 3 x 8-10
    2. Incline DB bench press
    3. Flat DB flyes OR dips (with wide grip): 3 x 10-12
    4. Overhead DB shoulder press: 3 x 8-10
    5. Standing DB lateral raise: 3 x 10-12
    6. Skullcrushers: 3 x 10-12
    7. 2-arm overhead DB triceps extension: 3 x 10-12

(As I'm writing this post I just realized I was doing Flat and Incline DB bench presses with BBs... fffffffffuuu)

---------------

Cardio:

On training days, I basically had to run only 15 mins. However, in every minute I would increase the intensity of the run and then reduce it back down whenever I reach 5 minutes. For example:

First minute: regular walking
    Second minute: walking a bit faster while increasing incline
    Third minute: jogging with a higher incline
    Forth minute: running with a higher incline
    Fifth minute: running as fast as possible with a higher incline

And repeat this cycle until I reach 15 minutes total.

And lastly, on non-training days, I would do a steady state cardio for 45 minutes with my heart reaching between 130-140 bpm.

---------------

For eating, the goal was to begin building muscle while reducing body fat levels at the same time due to my levels were already being a bit high. So on training days it's higher carbs and non-training is lower or moderate carbs.

But the eating became a bit of an issue as I was gaining 2 lbs everyweek and as we tried to adjust the food intake I would either lose 2lbs per week or gain 2lbs per week.

After cancelling his services, I decided to continue on with this program as usual but reduce down the amount of food I was eating in order to try and lose 1lb per week. I'm also eating the same exact food everyday and not following the higher carb/lower carb days rule.

I've included some multivitamin into my diet as well and I don't take creatine or fish oil.

---------------

Additionally, I noticed that my form for some of the workouts were out of place because I was trying to increase the weight by cheating. So I've decided decrease the weight down by either 10-20lbs in order for me to use slow controlled movement with proper form.

---------------

However, by making these changes I've been feeling a lot of sleepyness lately during work and at the gym. I tried to do a squat yesterday but with every squat I did my head felt as if I was pulling an all nighter or something. I ended up leaving the gym earlier without completing my other workouts, which made me feel guilty but at the same time a bit grateful.

This sort of issue has been happening last week as well (I only skipped cardio for the rest of the week) but I figured it was something that was going to go away. But for 2 weeks it hasn't.

Some workouts I was doing proper form with ended up either staying within the same weight or reduced a bit more in order for me to feel some intensity in my workout.

And on only one week I wasn't able to go to the gym as I was heading for a week long trip. So when I came back I felt refreshed and was able to continue with my workouts as normal and I even lost only 1lb because I didn't have access to my meals throughout the entire trip.

So all and all, I'm utterly confused on what's going on. Some weeks I'm tired, I eat a lot and feel tired, one week I didn't exercise nor eat a lot and was able to lose only one 1lb and progress...

Is there anything in my post that I'm doing wrong? I have a feeling me skipping the gym probably was but I feel like there's a lot more too it without me realizing it.

I also feel as if all of this is in my head and I'm just making constant excuses for myself.

(Don't know if this information is important but I used to do SL 5x5 until the whole covid pandemic happened...)

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thank you for the lengthy novel. Take a week or 2 off from the gym then follow one of the programs in the stickies up there ^^^ like the Fierce 5. It's free and it has progression.

aocruz19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Thank you for the lengthy novel. Take a week or 2 off from the gym then follow one of the programs in the stickies up there ^^^ like the Fierce 5. It's free and it has progression.
    "Thank you for the lengthy novel." lmao I know it's really long. I just decided to throw everything down in one go.

But I definitely appreciate the response!

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    This right here and if that doesn't work then instead of investing in a personal trainer, start investing in different size dogs.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    start investing in different size dogs.
    Start with a German Shephard or Labrador retriever sized dog. I weighed about 140 when I started doing dog lifts with an 80 pound German Shephard. There are some variants to this that don't require a dog, and I'll post a picture later today.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aocruz19 View Post
    However, by making these changes I've been feeling a lot of sleepyness lately during work and at the gym.
    Sleep more.

Originally Posted by aocruz19 View Post
    However, by making these changes I've been feeling a lot of sleepyness lately during work and at the gym.
    Stay awake less.