SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Need a workout routine/plan

I have been on and off the gym for about a year now. The reason for slacking isn’t my motivation or desire, it’s just simply the fact I cannot find a routine that I enjoy.

Ideally I want to train 5 days max but 4 would be optimal for my schedule. I previously tried push/pull/legs but I noticed that my pull days were lacking because of fatigue from the push day before.

A routine I enjoyed was kind of like a bro split but I focused on multiple groups instead of just the one so for example

Monday: Chest, shoulders and Triceps
    Tuesday : Back and Biceps
    Wednesday: Legs
    Rest and repeat.

I have looked into bro splits, but I got told they are bad to do, but then I’ve also heard they can be good.

Has anyone got a workout plan that’s simple to follow, slightly flexible (able to change up the exercises slightly) and demands no more than 5 days a week.

Thanks all

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How about a Push Pull Legs Rest Upper Lower Rest repeat. You hit every muscle twice a week. There is an intermediate program on here that lists the exercises for each of the 5 days.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SBB1 View Post
    I have been on and off the gym for about a year now. The reason for slacking isn’t my motivation or desire, it’s just simply the fact I cannot find a routine that I enjoy.
    Sounds like a lack of motivation and desire.

Ideally I want to train 5 days max but 4 would be optimal for my schedule. I previously tried push/pull/legs but I noticed that my pull days were lacking because of fatigue from the push day before.

A routine I enjoyed was kind of like a bro split but I focused on multiple groups instead of just the one so for example

Monday: Chest, shoulders and Triceps
    Tuesday : Back and Biceps
    Wednesday: Legs
    Rest and repeat.
    That's not a bro split, that's almost an exact match to a PPL and would have the same fatigue issue, which is more likely poor volume allocation and your lack of need for a PPL based on your level.

Has anyone got a workout plan that’s simple to follow, slightly flexible (able to change up the exercises slightly) and demands no more than 5 days a week.
    Listing bodyparts isn't a workout plan, the details (exercises, sets, reps, progression scheme) matter. Take a look at the stickies on the forum page. 3-day full body likely is a good starting point for you. Otherwise do a 4-day UL. The one you call a "bro split" is pretty close to a PPL so do a proper PPL if that's the only setup you're willing to do. Don't create your own program since it sounds like you're not knowledgeable about programming and will mess up the exercises/volume.

SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Sounds like a lack of motivation and desire.

That's not a bro split, that's almost an exact match to a PPL and would have the same fatigue issue, which is more likely poor volume allocation and your lack of need for a PPL based on your level.

Listing bodyparts isn't a workout plan, the details (exercises, sets, reps, progression scheme) matter. Take a look at the stickies on the forum page. 3-day full body likely is a good starting point for you. Otherwise do a 4-day UL. The one you call a "bro split" is pretty close to a PPL so do a proper PPL if that's the only setup you're willing to do. Don't create your own program since it sounds like you're not knowledgeable about programming and will mess up the exercises/volume.
    It’s not a lack of motivation or desire, but when you are working out with a programme that doesn’t fit right with you it’s easy to fall off the wagon.

I’m not the most knowledgable whatsoever, hence why I have asked more knowledgable people on here, i am still trying to learn and understand the various terminology. What is a 4 day UL?

I enjoyed PPL but like I said I felt like I was suffering from the workout the day before, why could this be? And how would I go about fixing it

Thanks

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I enjoyed PPL but like I said I felt like I was suffering from the workout the day before, why could this be? And how would I go about fixing it

Thanks
    Cut back on your volume. Do one less set, do less weight, do less reps per set; or a combination of all 3. You might need to deload, but I think you have already done that unintentionally.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Cut back on your volume. Do one less set, do less weight, do less reps per set; or a combination of all 3. You might need to deload, but I think you have already done that unintentionally.
    Oh right, I get you. What about progressive overload? Shall I continue to up the weight/reps but just lower sets until I start to feel less fatigue?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It’s not a lack of motivation or desire, but when you are working out with a programme that doesn’t fit right with you it’s easy to fall off the wagon.

I’m not the most knowledgable whatsoever, hence why I have asked more knowledgable people on here, i am still trying to learn and understand the various terminology. What is a 4 day UL?

When you're starting out, you don't need too much volume (exercises/sets) to make gains - it actually can be counterproductive. That's why a 6-day routine like PPL is generally not suitable, because that's what advanced folk use to fit in more exercises/volume. So on your push days, you're likely doing way more than you need so are tired on the next day.

If you do a 3-day novice full body like Fierce 5 you'll have an adequate amount of volume each workout and a day's rest between workouts.

If you do an intermediate 4-day UL (Upper Lower), you can do a little more volume but still have at least one rest day before hitting upper or lower body again.

Read the stickies on the Workout forum page for examples of good programs. Don't create or fix your own, use real thought-out proven programs and once you need something more advanced and have your own experience, then consider making your own.

If you stick with a proper program consistently and long enough to see muscle gains, I guarantee you'll enjoy it a lot more and consider it to be a good fit.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    When you're starting out, you don't need too much volume (exercises/sets) to make gains - it actually can be counterproductive. That's why a 6-day routine like PPL is generally not suitable, because that's what advanced folk use to fit in more exercises/volume. So on your push days, you're likely doing way more than you need so are tired on the next day.

If you do a 3-day novice full body like Fierce 5 you'll have an adequate amount of volume each workout and a day's rest between workouts.

If you do an intermediate 4-day UL (Upper Lower), you can do a little more volume but still have at least one rest day before hitting upper or lower body again.

Read the stickies on the Workout forum page for examples of good programs. Don't create or fix your own, use real thought-out proven programs and once you need something more advanced and have your own experience, then consider making your own.

If you stick with a proper program consistently and long enough to see muscle gains, I guarantee you'll enjoy it a lot more and consider it to be a good fit.
    I’m liking the look of the fierce 5 routine, looks simple to follow and includes a lot of my favourite exercises! Thanks for advice buddy, really appreciate It

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’m liking the look of the fierce 5 routine, looks simple to follow and includes a lot of my favourite exercises! Thanks for advice buddy, really appreciate It
    If you follow the F5 novice to Intermediate programs you'll pretty much get as big as you're ever going to get. Just make sure you're eating in a small surplus and getting enough protein/rest ect.