JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Collar Bone Pain?

Does anyone get collar bone pain and some trap muscle stiffness after doing bench or rows?

today during my 5 x 5 incline bench and then dumbbell rows I started to experience collar bone pain and traps were kinda stiff. Nothing major but still, I usually am pain-free in and out of the gym.

This happened towards the end of my workout. I do not know if was from benching or rowing. On bench I am not going too narrow nor too wide. On db rows, I do them on an incline bench facing down.

Any input greatly appreciated.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Heavy BP and other presses put a lot of pressure on your collarbone. If you're feeling pain, you may be doing too much volume and also have bad form. You may be aggravating them during BP then further aggravating them and feeling the pain on the incline press. Try laying off for a while, or using a wider grip and make sure your pressing your shoulders into the bench.

Your chest supported db rows should be pretty pain free. If you're getting trap stiffness you're prob doing them with poor form - likely subconsciously (or consciously) shrugging while you do them.

As I eluded to in your post complaining about certain machines, those specific machines would only lead to injury if you have poor form. Seems like your problems aren't exclusive to machines, so maybe blame the free weights too.

JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the advice! It is easier to see issues when someone else chimes in, I really appreciate it.

The chest volume isn't crazy, I just do 5 x 5 inclines only so it has to be that I am going a bit too narrow. The reason I am scared to go wider is you see all those youtube videos about bench form and they say too wide is really bad form as well. The collar bone pain fades after a few hours but not a good sign.

Gonna try a wider bench next chest day.

Thank you for the input...I went wider today on incline bench and did not have the collar bone pain. I did notice that it was harder to do 5 x 5 and I had to lower the weight a little bit compared to a narrower grip.