Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by proteinsnake View Post
    Mechanics are the least trustworthy people on the planet. It's impossible to get a straight answer out of them. They told me I needed to replace this one part and that it would cost 450$ on the low end. I look up the part on Amazon and the generic ones are about 75$ and supposedly takes an hour to install. So where exactly does this 450$ come from?
    pftt.. you think that's bad. try paying 4 grand for one part (transmission)

then being told the entire car is less than 1k. how the fuk does that make sense? 1 part is 4 grand (obviously this is labor, but still) but a car with 30,000 other parts is worth 500?

that means the scrapyard people are making a KILLING

djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by proteinsnake View Post
    Mechanics are the least trustworthy people on the planet. It's impossible to get a straight answer out of them. They told me I needed to replace this one part and that it would cost 450$ on the low end. I look up the part on Amazon and the generic ones are about 75$ and supposedly takes an hour to install. So where exactly does this 450$ come from?
    Most mechanics don't shop on amazon and their parts house is going to charge $300 for that part, plus the shop's 20-25% markup, plus a $100/hr shop labor rate, plus or minus.

People asked me this constantly. Like man our cost, plus part markup, then we have to pay a mechanic, various expenses like grease, parts cleaner, shop rags, factor in electricity, water, insurance, etc to keep this shop open and running...

If you can get the part for $75 and do it yourself, go for it, but we have a few more things to consider to keep a whole ass shop open and profitable.
    💪💪💪Dirty South Crew💪💪💪
    �Possibly DRunk Posting Crew�
    ☆Building a Peel of Steel☆

ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErnieMccracken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I saw jiffy lube take this woman for $1300 once. I was going to say something, but she called her beta husband and he said it was ok lmao.

Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mechanics can spot suckers from miles off.
    Not all but a lot will scam you.
    Some of them are inexperienced and don't know what's causing the problem in the first place.

Search for some car forums and post your problem there or post it here too.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=633

They should be able to point you in the right direction.
    "I've watched a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing."

"The Best Revenge is Massive Success"

Not going to be a Darkseeker crew.

RIP Duckenheimer
    RIP SemperFudge

djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tornach View Post
    Some of them are inexperienced and don't know what's causing the problem in the first place.

This is a big expense creator. A lot of guys who call themselves mechanics are just parts changers who will throw stuff at a problem until it's fixed.
    💪💪💪Dirty South Crew💪💪💪
    �Possibly DRunk Posting Crew�
    ☆Building a Peel of Steel☆

Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Voidgaze has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tornach View Post

Originally Posted by AVOJAMACADA View Post
    Brb have my machanic ive been going to for 10 years. Amazing guy. Smart aand nice as fuk and nothing phases him mechanically. Agreed theres some scum out there but brb...google reviews anyone? And make sure hes a journeyman. I dont want some 1st year apprentice rebuilding my top end or tranny lol.
    The google reviews were solid. But I realized most of the reviews are from people who live in the neighborhood next to the shop, and it's why I went there. It was close and convenient. I'm thinking those reviews are heavily biased or bribed.

Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds shady from jump. I build Chevy engines personally and I wouldn’t replace or rebuild an engine without new mains, who does that? Let me guess, they put all the old coolant hoses on the new engine too?
    I love eggs.

amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) amikaelmorris has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Redfish225 View Post
    Sounds shady from jump. I build Chevy engines personally and I wouldn’t replace or rebuild an engine without new mains, who does that? Let me guess, they put all the old coolant hoses on the new engine too?
    yeah that's what i'm saying, even if they just rebuilt the motor, any mechanic with a brain is gonna sleeve the crank or use a different depth seal.. that's not even some like, "performance engine builder" stuff that's just common sense for motors with mileage on them