007richierich is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Tennis Elbow since 15 months

I have Tennis Elbow since Dec'18 (by triggered by a trainer's advice to heal carpal tunnel), which is just not going away! It healed around 5 months ago, only to recur again once I resumed my workouts.
    I have tried a lot of things with several doctors of all sorts: Ultrasound, IFT, 1 cortisol injection, and multiple medicines. No PRP yet, & not planning to go for surgery. Only IFT has been able to provide temporary relief.

Earlier the injury used to reflect in ultrasound, but not anymore . Have got X-Rays, MRI too, but no use.

Getting Osteopathy now, although it has greatly aggravated the injury in the first 2 sessions. Although the reviews of the doctor are very positive.

What else do you suggest I can try? It is depressing, and I feel handicapped..

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Identifying the movement that caused it is paramount. Note that it's not necessarily a movement where you feel pain.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

TheT800 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheT800 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheT800 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheT800 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheT800 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheT800 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheT800 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheT800 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheT800 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheT800 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheT800 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I suffered from tennis elbow for almost 6 months which really stopped any gains I was making on arms. I tried resting it, stopping certain arm workout and stopped working arms almost 100% and it still persisted.

What worked for me was using a flexbar doing the Tyler Twist exercise. It took roughly 8 weeks to eliminate the tennis elbow. I was getting discouraged after 6 or so weeks since I didn't feel much improvement but I just kept with it and it worked. I did the exercise twice a day (3 sets of 15 reps each time). I started with the green (medium) flexbar. If you don't have much forearm strength I would recommend starting with the red (light) flexbar and then working up to green. There are many videos on Youtube that show how to do the exercise (some incorrectly!) but this one is my favorite because it's by Dr. Tyler who developed the exercise:

edit: I can't post a link, but the title of the video on YT is "One Product to Heal Them All: Treating Elbow Pain with the TheraBand FlexBar"

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheT800 View Post
    I suffered from tennis elbow for almost 6 months which really stopped any gains I was making on arms. I tried resting it, stopping certain arm workout and stopped working arms almost 100% and it still persisted.

What worked for me was using a flexbar doing the Tyler Twist exercise. It took roughly 8 weeks to eliminate the tennis elbow. I was getting discouraged after 6 or so weeks since I didn't feel much improvement but I just kept with it and it worked. I did the exercise twice a day (3 sets of 15 reps each time). I started with the green (medium) flexbar. If you don't have much forearm strength I would recommend starting with the red (light) flexbar and then working up to green. There are many videos on Youtube that show how to do the exercise (some incorrectly!) but this one is my favorite because it's by Dr. Tyler who developed the exercise:

edit: I can't post a link, but the title of the video on YT is "One Product to Heal Them All: Treating Elbow Pain with the TheraBand FlexBar"
    I used one of these flex bars to fix my elbow as well, seems so simple and doing the exercises seems ridiculous but holy chit it actually helped. Made more progress in 1 month of using the bar every day than I did with 3 months of 2x/week physio+the stretches he recommended. Run the idea by your osteo next time you have an appointment.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll see if I can find the link but I believe controlled eccentrics has the strongest evidence behind it for treatment of tendinopathy.

WHY ARE ECCENTRIC EXERCISES EFFECTIVE FOR ACHILLES TENDINOPATHY?
    Last edited by TolerantLactose; 02-18-2020 at 05:31 PM.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Unhappy Still suffering after 2 years almost

Thanks ya'all. Somehow I had lost access to my account. Finally regained it. I'll make sure I don't lose it again.

Thanks a ton for your responses.

I have been using Flexbar since 2 months approx... The doctors say it is 90% healed, but can still take over 6 months to heal completely. Moreover, my forearm is weaker than ever. It gets tired very soon and starts aching. I have started bicep curls with a 5lb dumbbell as suggested by my doc, since some time.. But i am not seeing any significant improvement. What do you guys say with your experience? This is so do depressing.

bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Make sure it's actually tennis elbow and not a problem with the nerve. I detached mine and it took a while to correctly diagnose. We thought it was tennis elbow for months because they put your arm straight out for an MRI so the nerve looked fine. It was when I bent my arm that the nerve would pop loose. Had surgery in 2018. Was fine for a long time but now something weird is going on with it so I'm gonna have to go find out what

Originally Posted by bigcat3655 View Post
    Make sure it's actually tennis elbow and not a problem with the nerve. I detached mine and it took a while to correctly diagnose. We thought it was tennis elbow for months because they put your arm straight out for an MRI so the nerve looked fine. It was when I bent my arm that the nerve would pop loose. Had surgery in 2018. Was fine for a long time but now something weird is going on with it so I'm gonna have to go find out what
    I did put this concern before my Ortho doc and physio. Both said it's tennis elbow only. I get soreness in the tennis elbow point, but also a lot of weakness in my Forearm, seed my pain after certain activity . Getting IFT and Laser treatment from physio there