Marci17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bulk or cut? help

17, 5"5 and 54.5kg. I've been cutting for a few months now and I really want to get those booty gains. My stomach isn't completely toned yet, and I've problems with cellulite at the back of my legs (from eating like crap for years) which I have been having trouble with getting rid of it and I'm scared if I start lean bulking it will get worse and I will get more fat on my stomach. I've managed to get a 25" waist, and been building my arms and glutes with weights but I know I won't see proper results if I don't eat at a surplus.
    My legs are bulkier than the rest of my body, and I'm just afraid they get more fat if I bulk.

Never actually tried lean bulking so I need advice and how it will affect my body in terms of my cellulite, stomach, waist etc. I just want more booty gains lol, please any advice will be helpful! if anyone wants body pics to get an idea feel free to pm me.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    We're not going to tell you to cut with your stats and at your age.

Your issue is very very common - and the solution is to bight the bullet and do sustained mass gain for a long time. Forget about bodyfat and abs and all that - you will look better with more muscle, especially in clothes

If you get all obsessive over a small amount of bodyfat, it WILL hold you back, possibly stop you achieving a good physique at all.

So is what you're saying is that I should build muscle and not worry about the bodyfat? So I don't know if I should eat at maintenance or a surplus

blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    5'5
    17 years old
    120lbs (54kg)

First of all, stop focusing on your butt. Fitness and bodybuilding aren't about having a big round booty.

Female biology causes you to generally carry your mass around your hips and usually more muscle on your thighs, since your hips are wider than a males naturally. It's very common for women to have/build larger legs than a man, that's normal. Keep in mind at your age that your body is still developing and you will change a lot into your mid 20's.

It's virtually impossible to give exact advice without photos for composition judgement, but given your stats I would focus on eating a lot of protein and weight training and not worry about fat amount.
    If a butt is seriously all you care about, then the solution is simple: eat in a caloric deficit and work legs, it will take shape and you'll get skinny

But honestly you're not going to get the "fit chick" look without training all of your body equally, anytime you open Instagram these days you'll see girls with 11" arms that do nothing but squat, strive for more in my opinion.

Edit: you're 17 don't post photos yet
    Last edited by blissful88; 02-17-2020 at 05:59 AM.

Originally Posted by blissful88 View Post
    5'5
    17 years old
    120lbs (54kg)

First of all, stop focusing on your butt. Fitness and bodybuilding aren't about having a big round booty.

Female biology causes you to generally carry your mass around your hips and usually more muscle on your thighs, since your hips are wider than a males naturally. It's very common for women to have/build larger legs than a man, that's normal. Keep in mind at your age that your body is still developing and you will change a lot into your mid 20's.

It's virtually impossible to give exact advice without photos for composition judgement, but given your stats I would focus on eating a lot of protein and weight training and not worry about fat amount.
    If a butt is seriously all you care about, then the solution is simple: eat in a caloric deficit and work legs, it will take shape and you'll get skinny

But honestly you're not going to get the "fit chick" look without training all of your body equally, anytime you open Instagram these days you'll see girls with 11" arms that do nothing but squat, strive for more in my opinion.

Edit: you're 17 don't post photos yet
    I probably should have emphasized on more of what I hope to achieve. Generally, getting a bigger butt is my main goal but I also want to prioritize building my upper body and to achieve more muscle on my legs. Thanks for your advice, I think I've got a clear idea of what I should do now!