Thread: 2 workouts/day

vabatgrav is on a distinguished road. (+10)

2 workouts/day

so, my plan is very simple in theory, I need ur advice guys to make it work in practice also. I'll go 2 workouts/day with only one day break which is Sunday. this is how I planned this after the muscle groups: 1. back/biceps 2. chest/triceps 3. legs/shoulders and than repeat and make it a 6 day/week program. in the morning I want to go with light weights and lots of reps to boost my metabolism through out the day and in the evening I want to go for strength with heay weights and low number of reps. about my diet I eat low carb food, no meat except for fish, and I eat my meals after each workout, so I will end up with 2 meals/day. my goal is to go low in body fat and get f*****g shredded. currently I'm 110 kg, 181 cm, 29 years of age.
    my first week was good, I am feeling much better and I have a few questions 4 u guys, so here it is:
    1. Is this a good plan? it will work?
    2. I wonder if I can keep up with this plan because of my diet. for how long I can get my carbs only from veggies?
    3. how long I have to do this to reach my goal, 80 kg, 75-78 kg?
    p.s1. excuses for my english, is not that good I think.
    p.s2. I ll think about more questions, for now this is it.
    p.s3. I play football a lot if u wanted to ask about cardio.
    thanks a lot in advance!! have a nice day!!
    Last edited by vabatgrav; 02-17-2020 at 05:22 AM.

vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1a. I wouldn't do it, especially long term...
    1b. It will work, until it doesn't work (expect to burn out)
    2. I would suggest a more traditional diet. The fasting stuff never made sense to me... Some folks do swear by it though...
    3. Not sure anyone could put a time frame on that, given the info supplied

football = soccer to us in the US?

My experience with lifting success while doing hi cardio sports (my experience is football/kickboxing/MMA stuff), is to absolutely minimize the volume of cardio being done, and lift like a lazy powerlifter (think heavy for minimal sets on compound lifts, using minimal aux lifts). Hi intensity and low volume.

Are you trying to bulk up for football?
    Jason
    First USAPL meet Feb 17th, 2017. Results S/B/D - 350/303/419
    Building a garage gym...

My advice is from personal experience only, use at your own risk, lol

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by vabatgrav View Post
    my goal is to go low in body fat and get f*****g shredded. ... 1. Is this a good plan? it will work?
    For low body fat, yes. For muscle development, horrible.

2. I wonder if I can keep up with this plan because of my diet. for how long I can get my carbs only from veggies?
    Unclear, the human body can withstand a lot of adversity under harsh conditions when someone has the will power. That being said, your nutrition plan not good IMO.

3. how long I have to do this to reach my goal, 80 kg, 75-78 kg?
    Unclear, you didn't give any details on your diet and your workout/cardio details are vague or non-existent.

Good luck!

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I played football we did full body 2-3 times a week. Seemed much more efficient than a 6 day body part split imo.

WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Too many variables to tell you how it will work out. I believe the statements saying it will not work for muscle growth are defiantly far more opinionated than factuated though.

I switched from to training 2x per day after my gains slowed for a while and I'm breaking through straight curves and already making gains again. How long is it sustainable, I doubt for any longer than 4-6 weeks if working at a hard pace. But it's defiantly working for me to break plateaus.

Some reasons no-one here can tell you a straight shooter answer:

1. We don't know your supplement history or if you do illegals?
    2. Some can naturally train with much higher volume than others can.
    3. Person X could be training for 2 hours in one session. Said guy might have the same schedule that needs to be broken into two sessions to accommodate schedule.

Just my opinion, it will work great for a while, but no-one knows how long it could be sustained for. I (do) feel it would be a great time to hit lagging parts (which I'm currently doing.) To make gains, I'm hoping your eating in a calorie surplus during this time period.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WeightedDip View Post
    I believe the statements saying it will not work for muscle growth are defiantly far more opinionated than factuated though. ...
    Just my opinion, it will work great for a while, but no-one knows how long it could be sustained for.
    2-a-days for the same muscle groups, 2x/week, while trying to lose 30kgs (66 lbs) by eating only fish and veggies is not good for muscle growth. That's not simply a defiant opinion.

From OP's planned workout and diet routine, I think it's safe to say he doesn't have much experience working out if any at all, so you might want to rethink your advice to him.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It just doesnt work like that. You just dont recover that fast.

Look, why dont you just do a cardio workout in the morning and a strength workout in the evening? That will accomplish your goals much better and smarter.

paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, you have a rudimentary Push Pull Legs routine. Just move your shoulders to your chest day. Google Push Pull Legs or PPL and you'll have several better routines than what you've created. Coolcicada is one that comes to mind.

Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You'll lose weight and you'll get fitter. You'll think you're making amazing progress and it will mess with your mind.

You'll think that you need to workout twice a day to have the physique which you end up with but the truth is you'll likely have been better off both mentally and physically with a more traditional, well thought out approach... Instead of this.... I'm going to throw the kitchen sink at it approach.

Just my opinion... Coming from someone who made their best progress doing 3x week full body and 4x upper/lower.
    Last edited by Millz12323; 02-17-2020 at 06:35 PM.
    Recent best lifts
    Bench - 225x13, 235x9, 250x5, 270x1
    Squat - 295x10, 340x5, 355x1
    Deadlift - 430x12, 450x9, 485x5, 505x1
    OHP - 150x11, 170x6, 185x2, 190x1
    3 mile run: 21:59 @ 170 bw.
    BW - 195 Getting fat mode
    531 Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177172201&page=6

vabatgrav is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow, thx guys, thx a lot.
    so, it seems I have to rethink this.
    ok, first of all let me answer to a few questions:
    1. footbal=soccer, yes. and I think I ll skip my leg day because of that. simply my legs are huge, both genes and footbal helped me with that . I don t do this to bulk up for football.
    2. I don t take any supplements at all and I won t take.
    3. my diet includes also eggs and any type of dairy products ( for example, for yesterday's breakfast I was eating 2 boiled eggs, 50 g of cheese and some veggies and for dinner some grilled fish).
    4. my goal is to get off that fat, I hate it. and now I m much more motivated than ever, cause it s my life at stake and I want to get both healthy and fit.
    5.ok, so I was thinking about another one. to hit only one muscle/day with many reps and doing pyramids. I am feeling much better and the burn that I fell in the muscles is insane in a positive way. yesterday for example I was doing biceps curls with light weight 40/35/30.../5. If so, is this a good approach? and I think about chest/biceps/back/triceps/abs/shoulders one/day, not particularly in that order.
    6. again, I don t want big muscles, first of all I want to get rid of the fat, I know I was saying that before, but this is my main goal!!!
    guys, thx again, this is great, so much help from you, people that I don t know. great, great!!! this is the definition of kindness!! have a great day my friends!

vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vristang is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1. ya, I don't think one should 'bulk' for soccer... too much running in that sport, lol.
    2. a protein powder might be beneficial between meals for you, especially if you are dead set on only eating 2 meals a day. This is a major challenge for you, imo. The recommendation for an average sedentary person is to eat 3 meals a day. You are active and trying to change your body composition, and trying to do that with fewer meals... not saying it can't be done, but fewer meals makes it harder to do.
    3. I would up the eggs, decrease the cheese, add in some oats/rice.
    Just as an example, currently my favorite breakfast is a shake: 4 egg whites, 1 egg yolk, 4-6oz milk, 3 tablespoons yogurt, 1/2 cup dry oats, 1-2 scoops of PWO. Tastes like crap, lol, but take little prep time and has what I need to get moving in the morning...
    4. How much bodyfat are we talking here? If your life truly is at stake, then a different approach may be needed, compared to someone like me who just has an extra 20lbs that could be dropped...
    5. Just my opinion here... Start with practices and games that you participate in for soccer. That is your base workout. From there, start adding in lifting to complement those workouts.
    How often do you have practices/games? Is this organized high school or competitive club?
    6. The advantage of gaining muscle, is it raises your resting metabolism, making it easier to lose fat...
    Jason
    First USAPL meet Feb 17th, 2017. Results S/B/D - 350/303/419
    Building a garage gym...

My advice is from personal experience only, use at your own risk, lol

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should be training your legs. If you need to lose that much weight and the only thing you've done for them is play soccer it means they're fat not too muscular. Its also abundantly clear you should not be creating your own workouts, you could make much more progress on a simple 3 day full body or 4 day upper/lower split. Both of these will require you to train the 50% of your body you want to avoid.

If you want any help with diet, which you should since you want to lose weight, then listing random foods is pointless. We need macro and calories since that's going to dictate whether you're losing or gaining weight. I highly suggest you read the stickies in the nutrition forum, maybe twice.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535