View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on TORTURE?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support torture.

22 55.00%
  • I don't support torture.

18 45.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by A-GAME View Post
    Torturing innocent people is abhorrent. Torturing people that have harmed your family however.....
    Are you speaking from experience, or just getting all het up about imaginary scenarios?
    Just imagine your son harmed my family, or at least I perceive that he has harmed my family. You okay with me torturing him?

Edit: of course you aren't. people who approve of torture only approve of it when they're the ones doing it.
    or it's being done to their supposed advantage.
    I ain't no consarned religious fool, or such.

***Misc Strength Crew***

*** Official Misc Photography Crew ***

BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Dorich View Post
    Exactly.

That's why we need to torture.
    You're starting to sound more and more like a muj.
    Natty AF Crew

I'm the person Iceman's dog thinks he is

gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dakensta View Post
    Are you speaking from experience, or just getting all het up about imaginary scenarios?
    Just imagine your son harmed my family, or at least I perceive that he has harmed my family. You okay with me torturing him?

Edit: of course you aren't. people who approve of torture only approve of it when they're the ones doing it.
    or it's being done to their supposed advantage.

For you we are planning the non-harsh alternative of “rectal hydration”

Lol srs method read about it
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BOZZ View Post
    You're starting to sound more and more like a muj.
    Nah bro, it's just that torture was in some ways always a topic of discussion when I was growing up as a kid, for reasons explained previously. My relatives would talk about torture all the time, they were fascinated with the idea how much pain a human being could endure. There are some things that are just stuck in your head and they don't go away. Torture definitely disgusts me, but I would have no problems with it being applied to someone who is Uberevil.
    "Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14)

"That which drives me in life is my faith, and what I desire most is peace for mankind." - C. Jones

dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dakensta has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nah bro, it's just that torture was in some ways always a topic of discussion when I was growing up as a kid, for reasons explained previously. My relatives would talk about torture all the time, they were fascinated with the idea how much pain a human being could endure. There are some things that are just stuck in your head and they don't go away. Torture definitely disgusts me, but I would have no problems with it being applied to someone who is Uberevil.

***Misc Strength Crew***

bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigcat3655 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What about as punishment though, for some very very ultra evil criminals for example?
    Only if the punishment fits the crime. If you tortured your victim, you should have to feel exactly what you put them through before you die.

Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I see it completely different really.
    Humans have been torturing one another for thousands of years as forms of punishment, and it has never worked to curtail violence or instill peace. Its barbarism, and we, as a western nation in the 21st century are above those primitive instinctual means of punishment. More to the point, the individuals assigned to carry out the torture are sick enough in the head that they're one bad day away from being "tortured" as punishment themselves.

You can learn from George Washington as well. One reason why America won our war against he British during the Revolutionary War is because when we captured the british soldiers we didn't torture them, we jailed them and gave them "3 hots and a cot" which was much better than what they were getting under British rule. They liked it so much that they decided to fight alongside American soldiers. Now THAT was true 3D chess.

Also, you seem to be a "bible person." Whatever happened to the phrase; "Violence begets violence?"
    Last edited by Maestro; 02-16-2020 at 11:48 PM.
    His name is; Darwin Radlin Caspian Ahab Poseidon Nicodemus Watterson III

Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Maestro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by wincell View Post
    Torture would be fine were it not for the possibility of innocence and its general failure at being useful for extracting information. Light coercion methods and pressure could be effective though. You have to ask what purpose is served. Leaving your own feelings of revenge aside, torture is likely less effective than other methods, such as bribery. Violent coercion can be effective, but history has shown that most double agents responded best to persuasion and financial incentives, rather than threats or violence. A pretty woman and some money can extract more info from a guy than any torture chamber could.

Now, in the ticking timebomb scenario where I know the dude is guilty, you bet I'm hooking his balls up to electrodes and forcing him to listen to baby shark on repeat.
    What usually happens is we capture some lackey or grunt that doesn't know what the hell is going on. We torture him and he just says anything and everything we want to hear as long as it gets us to stop hurting him. Or someone could be at the wrong place at the wrong time (some random farmer stumbles upon a ISIS training camp), yet he's the only one that gets captured and tortured knowing absolutely phuck all whats going on or why he's being tortured, and its very hard to tell if someone is lying or telling the truth especially with language barriers. Matt Butowski who took a year of arabic in college is not going to understand the slang or dialect of a nomadic farmer.
    His name is; Darwin Radlin Caspian Ahab Poseidon Nicodemus Watterson III

badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is a movie called Unthinkable that deals with this very topic, it's pretty good. Let's be honest though, the "ticking time bomb" scenario is one that will never happen in reality and torture doesn't work in gathering intel that is real.
    Al Bundy is my hero crew .

Every morning when I wake up I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep again .

I must be dead, I speak no one listens.

AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AreolaBorealis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i categorically disavow any nipple related torture. that chit has no place in our modern society

MilkofSumYunGai is not very well liked. (-100) MilkofSumYunGai is not very well liked. (-100) MilkofSumYunGai is not very well liked. (-100) MilkofSumYunGai is not very well liked. (-100) MilkofSumYunGai is not very well liked. (-100) MilkofSumYunGai is not very well liked. (-100) MilkofSumYunGai is not very well liked. (-100) MilkofSumYunGai is not very well liked. (-100) MilkofSumYunGai is not very well liked. (-100) MilkofSumYunGai is not very well liked. (-100) MilkofSumYunGai is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by AreolaBorealis View Post
    i categorically disavow any nipple related torture. that chit has no place in our modern society
    unless it is done to females consensually

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Humans have been torturing one another for thousands of years as forms of punishment, and it has never worked to curtail violence or instill peace. Its barbarism, and we, as a western nation in the 21st century are above those primitive instinctual means of punishment. More to the point, the individuals assigned to carry out the torture are sick enough in the head that they're one bad day away from being "tortured" as punishment themselves.

You can learn from George Washington as well. One reason why America won our war against he British during the Revolutionary War is because when we captured the british soldiers we didn't torture them, we jailed them and gave them "3 hots and a cot" which was much better than what they were getting under British rule. They liked it so much that they decided to fight alongside American soldiers. Now THAT was true 3D chess.
    You are missing the point.

What is the argument against torturing someone for punishment who is a despicable human being and proven to be a murderer etc.?

If I were President of a country there would be special televised events for things like this, and a live audience to watch everything, to laugh at the person and humiliate them, lol. Just torture the hell out of those murderers to make them wish they were never born. Drag it out as a long as possible. Give them blood transfusions if you have to. Keep them awake using medication to prevent them from passing out and/or dying. Cauterize their wounds to prevent excessive bleeding which can lead to death. Give them stimulants to enhance pain, etc.

Chit like that would be more fun than any boxing or UFC event.

The murderer's family members being forced to watch everything would certainly also be fun, but perhaps a bit overboard.

Also, you seem to be a "bible person." Whatever happened to the phrase; "Violence begets violence?"
    Yes I am very religious, but there's also much more content in the Bible than what you just said.
    "Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14)

"That which drives me in life is my faith, and what I desire most is peace for mankind." - C. Jones

Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Highly religious people are more likely to be sadistic monsters than the general population, who knew?

'hur dur I want to wack it to live torture, jeebus wud be cool with it bcos the bible is complex hur dur'
    Last edited by Mr Beer; 02-17-2020 at 03:26 PM.
    I will read and review 100 books this year: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176675491

“Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse.”

BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz BOZZ has the mod powerz
    WTF is wrong with you? I'm seabout to unban wincel and ban you. Get your **** together.
    Natty AF Crew

WTF is wrong with you? I'm seabout to unban wincel and ban you. Get your **** together.
    No clue what rules I broke in this thread. (srs)

No clue what rules I broke in this thread. (srs)
    You sound like a ****ing terrorist. You're going off the deep end. Some of your posts make me question your mental state. Not even the first time I've said this
    Natty AF Crew

You sound like a ****ing terrorist. You're going off the deep end. Some of your posts make me question your mental state. Not even the first time I've said this
    Dude I despise terrorists from the bottom of my heart. (100% dead srs)

If you're talking about the violence in my posts, sure I guess that's a valid point, but it's only aimed towards murderers/terrorists/other sorts of evil filth. I also don't see a huge difference between what I'm saying in this thread vs. all the posts during those tensions with Iran when some people on the board were calling for the entire country to be nuked.

But OK, I respect your point of view. Just to make sure everyone understands this: I hate terrorists and their sympathizers.

otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think his mental state is well known to be unstable at best. It all started as a troll shtick but I think he’s started actually believing the nonsense he posts. I think he really believes that his dream is to die for Israel.
    I would die for Palestine

Dude I despise terrorists from the bottom of my heart. (100% dead srs)

If you're talking about the violence in my posts, sure I guess that's a valid point, but it's only aimed towards murderers/terrorists/other sorts of evil filth. I also don't see a huge difference between what I'm saying in this thread vs. all the posts during those tensions with Iran when some people on the board were calling for the entire country to be nuked.

But OK, I respect your point of view. Just to make sure everyone understands this: I hate terrorists and their sympathizers.
    You say you hate terrorists and yet you spew violence and hatred for people. Just as the muj. Don't think you're better then them with fantasizing about torturing people. It's disgusting
    Natty AF Crew

Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Polaris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Like the terrorist who attacked the USS Liberty for example?

Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Like the terrorist who attacked the USS Liberty for example?
    The most popular talking point from typical 4channers.

Reality check: Mistakes happen. They are a TRAGEDY without a doubt, but they do happen.

Should Iran be angry at America for Iran Air Flight 655? No they should not.

You say you hate terrorists and yet you spew violence and hatred for people. Just as the muj. Don't think you're better then them with fantasizing about torturing people. It's disgusting
    I feel sorry for him, tbh.
    I also wish he'd fukc off forever.
    He went past the "entertaining crazy guy" stage a long time ago.

***Misc Strength Crew***

whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Only if their Israeli.

whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000) whogotmuhbeers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The most popular talking point from typical 4channers.

Reality check: Mistakes happen. They are a TRAGEDY without a doubt, but they do happen.

Should Iran be angry at America for Iran Air Flight 655? No they should not.

BULLSHYT.. they knew for a fact it was an American ship. Pretty sure with 5-10 mins of research anyone can find this out.