xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Anything after 6 months in FIERCE 5?

Hey Guys,

I've been doing FIERCE 5 for 6 months now: 2-3/week, increasing weights consistently. Hope it's not too early to ask - but do you see any trace? Wasn't very strict on diet, I'm afraid....
    Please tell what you think/see.

FIRST 2 pics - September 2019
    LAST 2 pics - TODAY

Thanks
    Peter
    Attached Images
    Last edited by xpete; 02-15-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Trace of what ?

best bet is to set some strength goals and follow some basics that people will talk about here which includes learning how to eat...

honest truth is for six months, you've wasted some time.

xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50) xpete will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Irvine405 View Post
    Trace of what ?

best bet is to set some strength goals and follow some basics that people will talk about here which includes learning how to eat...

honest truth is for six months, you've wasted some time.
    Thanks for the bare truth! Just one thing - pics got mixed up: 2 from last year in middle surrounded by 2 from today - couldn't fix it. Maybe that changes the impression?

Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How have your lifts progressed in that time? Have you gained or lost any weight?

Gaining muscle is an incredibly slow endeavour
    Recent best lifts
    Bench - 225x13, 235x9, 250x5, 280x1
    Squat - 295x10, 340x5, 375x1
    Deadlift - 430x12, 450x9, 485x5, 515x1
    OHP - 150x11, 170x6, 185x2, 190x1
    3 mile run: 21:59 @ 170 bw.
    BW - 195 Getting fat mode
    531 Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177172201&page=6

Originally Posted by Millz12323 View Post
    How have your lifts progressed in that time? Have you gained or lost any weight?

Gaining muscle is an incredibly slow endeavour
    There is some progress with lifts: Started from about 10/15kg x 5 (bench + overhead press) and am at 35/40kg x 5 right now. Gave up deadlifts after a long wait pain last October - maybe I should go back now?

I gained weight (is that OK?): coming from around 73/74kg (160 lbs) and currently at 76/77 kg (170 lbs) . I'm 5'10" by the way.

VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm no expert but seems to me that you started on the low end for strength and that means the only direction is up. I wouldn't expect someone who is only doing 90lbs for 5 reps to look big. I bet a lot of the strength increase so far is due to nervous system changes and the muscle mass will come as you progress. Gotta look at the relative change, if you look how far you've come with strength, you have to feel good about that.

Originally Posted by VitalitySeeker View Post
    I'm no expert but seems to me that you started on the low end for strength and that means the only direction is up. I wouldn't expect someone who is only doing 90lbs for 5 reps to look big. I bet a lot of the strength increase so far is due to nervous system changes and the muscle mass will come as you progress. Gotta look at the relative change, if you look how far you've come with strength, you have to feel good about that.
    Yes, you are probably right but I have never done any exercise before. Started really from scratch and after some injury in a car accident: heavy shoulder, bad knees.... So I was rather careful at the beginning but am happy to be at 90lbs now. I was and still am a bit worried about a more drastic increase. Maybe I need more time?

Do you think I should cut and loose some weight or just concentrate on lifting more and strength increase?

VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10) VitalitySeeker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by xpete View Post
    Yes, you are probably right but I have never done any exercise before. Started really from scratch and after some injury in a car accident: heavy shoulder, bad knees.... So I was rather careful at the beginning but am happy to be at 90lbs now. I was and still am a bit worried about a more drastic increase. Maybe I need more time?

Do you think I should cut and loose some weight or just concentrate on lifting more and strength increase?

Sorry to hear about the car accident. Glad you're on the mend. Is there any one you can work with in your area? Personal training and physical therapy can be expensive but you may find a Sports Performance center where they can tailor a program for you, keep an eye on you and cost is about 2x what a membership at a nice gym costs. Based on the fact that you're not fat after never exercising I'd say the cutting could wait, probably won't be that hard for you to do it. Focus on your top weakness which is probably strength, maybe cardiovascular if you've never exercised. Do you get winded when lifting? Does that hold you back?

Sorry to hear about the car accident. Glad you're on the mend. Is there any one you can work with in your area? Personal training and physical therapy can be expensive but you may find a Sports Performance center where they can tailor a program for you, keep an eye on you and cost is about 2x what a membership at a nice gym costs. Based on the fact that you're not fat after never exercising I'd say the cutting could wait, probably won't be that hard for you to do it. Focus on your top weakness which is probably strength, maybe cardiovascular if you've never exercised. Do you get winded when lifting? Does that hold you back?
    THanks!!
    I was thinking about a personal trainer but i think I am getting along OK. I give it a think again though
    I agree my strongest weakness (to be odd) is strength but not cardiovascular. Not getting winded usually although sweat a lot. Strength is the biggest thing. I find hard even 90lbs but slowly getting around it, I think.
    NO cutting yet - OK - just those love handles but they will probably go - eventually
    Thanks

The reason I say wait on the cutting is because that can hold you back on strength/muscle gains. There's so much to be learned about eating healthy (and working on will power) so I'd personally recommend start learning how to eat clean. There's so many benefits from eating healthy that it shouldn't be just saved for when you're trying to lose weight.

The reason I say wait on the cutting is because that can hold you back on strength/muscle gains. There's so much to be learned about eating healthy (and working on will power) so I'd personally recommend start learning how to eat clean. There's so many benefits from eating healthy that it shouldn't be just saved for when you're trying to lose weight.
    Yes, got it - thanks
    I am not too bad at what I eat - suppose - but find it hard to get rid off love handles.

Originally Posted by xpete View Post
    Yes, got it - thanks
    I am not too bad at what I eat - suppose - but find it hard to get rid off love handles.
    Yea, the upper body developing and that V shape is going to help make the love handles look less prominent, especially with clothes on. And you've got some time until beach season. Lastly, the reason I recommended sports performance center is because the good ones tend to be somewhere in between a physical therapist and a personal trainer. They're gonna know what you should and shouldn't do with your injuries and help with recovery. Good luck either way

Yea, the upper body developing and that V shape is going to help make the love handles look less prominent, especially with clothes on. And you've got some time until beach season. Lastly, the reason I recommended sports performance center is because the good ones tend to be somewhere in between a physical therapist and a personal trainer. They're gonna know what you should and shouldn't do with your injuries and help with recovery. Good luck either way

One thing I forgot to add - I am 45 - maybe that's an excuse for some things here? :-)

daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Couldn't see pics, my phone giving me issues. But 6 months is barely enough time to get a good grasp on the lifts in that program, let alone see dramatic changes in the mirror.

Nutrition is a massive aspect to seeing results, so if that's not on point you're not going to progress as fast or at all. It's not how "healthy" you eat, but more so "how much" you eat. If you're not in a caloric deficit, it doesn't matter how healthy you think you're eating. You won't lose weight (or the love handles). Just know that if you're losing weight, it will be hard gain muscle at the same time. It takes multiple bulking/cutting cycles to get results.

Give it another 12-24 months AT LEAST. If you're consistent with your training and nutrition during that time, you will see results.

And I wouldn't worry too much about your age. I started in my late 30s and completely transformed my look and strength within a couple years. I'll be 40 next year and my progress has not been much (if any) slower than the few years I lifted in college.

Edit: ok got your pics to load. You have a very similar look to when I started 2-3 years ago (progress pics in bodyspace). I was also on Fierce 5 my first 8-9 months. However I was extremely consistent with training and nutrition. The program works if you give it the time and feed your body. You can do this.
    Last edited by daudi81; 02-20-2020 at 10:49 PM.

blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Being 45 and dealing with post injury is tough.
    However don't get despaired, you look much better than most people at that age and I can definitely see you've made some composition progress over all. Anterior delts are coming in nicely which is giving you a more tapered look.
    I'm going to guess you haven't been tracking calories every single day since you're about 5lbs short of a .5lbs/week bulk in 6 months time. This has held back some progress in overall mass development.

You're making decent progress the right way, dial in those calories and continue the progressive overload. I suspect in a year you'll look like a totally different person than when you started.
    *Tolerance is the lube that slides the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of civilized society*

*We didn't deserve snailsrus*

As always: not medical advice but medical opinion crew