JMiscer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What is my body fat percentage? Should I cut or bulk for aesthetics?

Hey misc, just curious if I should cut or bulk, what is my bf %?

Stats: 170lbs, 5'10

imgur.com/uQ5rPYv

thegra will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegra will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegra will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegra will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegra will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegra will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegra will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegra will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegra will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegra will become famous soon enough. (+50) thegra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would bulk

How old are you?

Originally Posted by thegra View Post
    I would bulk

How old are you?
    Hey, I'm 21, what BF% do you think I'm at?

The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely need to bulk. But you need to follow a high protein/high fat/low carb (<50 grams) diet. Make sure you're getting 20 minutes of cardio 3x/week.

Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just go to the gym for solid workouts consistently and avoid junk food.

You really aren’t at a point where you need to do anything more then that.

BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How long have you been lifting consistently?
    You look kinda skinnyfat, I can't see any definition in this pic. If your abs are not visible at all I'd highly suggest doing a recomp/cut.

BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BradPlitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by The_Standard View Post
    Definitely need to bulk. But you need to follow a high protein/high fat/low carb (<50 grams) diet. Make sure you're getting 20 minutes of cardio 3x/week.
    What purpose is cardio going to serve on a bulk?
    You are advising him to quite possibly enter ketosis. Why?

Originally Posted by BradPlitt View Post
    How long have you been lifting consistently?
    You look kinda skinnyfat, I can't see any definition in this pic. If your abs are not visible at all I'd highly suggest doing a recomp/cut.
    about 2 months. I’m a swimmer also, but got really fat recently. I’m thinking of curring first for a legit bulk as my face is puffy as heck now

NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000) NLnemesis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Go to the gym 3-4x a week
    eat proper food

done
    6'4 200
    Ain't much if it ain't Dutch
    Medstudent crew

Originally Posted by Duckliver View Post
    Just go to the gym for solid workouts consistently and avoid junk food.

You really aren’t at a point where you need to do anything more then that.
    Just lift at maintenance you mean?

Originally Posted by JMiscer View Post
    about 2 months. I’m a swimmer also, but got really fat recently. I’m thinking of curring first for a legit bulk as my face is puffy as heck now
    Yea you should definitely not bulk. BMI estimates your BF% at ~18% which is probably an underestimation as you look kinda skinnyfat. On the bright side, you should be able to recomp quite effectively.
    Try to eat 140g protein a day (more is fine) from preferably a high quality source in each meal (egg, meat, dairy). Don't worry about the ratio of carbs/fats.
    Track your weight daily and look at weekly averages/changes. If your weight is not going down, change the satiety index of your diet (replace high Calorie foods with vegetables, fruits etc).
    You could link your training program if you want.

The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Standard is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What purpose is cardio going to serve on a bulk?
    You are advising him to quite possibly enter ketosis. Why?
    20 minutes of cardio will simply keep his weight/body fat in check if his calories go too high...

Ketosis isn't bad. It simply means your body is burning fat as fuel, which is highly desirable as fat is a much more efficient source of fuel than carbohydrates. His body composition is terrible right now, and he's going to see the fastest results in muscle gain & fat loss with what I've recommended.

Yea you should definitely not bulk. BMI estimates your BF% at ~18% which is probably an underestimation as you look kinda skinnyfat. On the bright side, you should be able to recomp quite effectively.
    Try to eat 140g protein a day (more is fine) from preferably a high quality source in each meal (egg, meat, dairy). Don't worry about the ratio of carbs/fats.
    Track your weight daily and look at weekly averages/changes. If your weight is not going down, change the satiety index of your diet (replace high Calorie foods with vegetables, fruits etc).
    Telling someone not to worry about the ratio of macronutrients is never good advice, especially in regards to body composition. People who don't track macros tend to eat far too many carbs and way less protein. As mentioned above, fat is a much more efficient source of energy than carbohydrates, and he needs to add some muscularity while cutting fat. He won't do that as well with what you've recommended.

GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000) GordonXXX is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. lift weights and do some cardio 3-4X+ per week.
    2. eat 15X target body weight in calories per day and .82 grams of protein per pound of target body weight per day.
    3. avoid refined sugar and processed foods. minimize alcohol.

no need to think about cutting or bulking at your level IMO. just put in the sacrifice and work!

hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    do a mini bulk brah you legit got no mass, not an insult. puffy face is probably just water retention, happens to me sometimes too.

you aren't fat bruh just skinny fat.

don't make it complicated just take a multi and lift heavy

don't go full retard and go on a dreamer bulk tho.

i eat about 600g of meat mainly chicke a day (about 150g protein/day). How many lbs do you recommend I cut? Or do I wait for ab definition? I dont have a training program as I have a personal trainer who tells me what to do

20 minutes of cardio will simply keep his weight/body fat in check if his calories go too high...

Ketosis isn't bad. It simply means your body is burning fat as fuel, which is highly desirable as fat is a much more efficient source of fuel than carbohydrates. His body composition is terrible right now, and he's going to see the fastest results in muscle gain & fat loss with what I've recommended.
    Studies consistently show there is zero difference between keto and high carb diets for both results and performance when it comes to strength training. Main benefit of keto is appetite suppression, which is undesirable on a bulk. Meanwhile it's a super restrictive diet which would prolly be hard for OP to adhere to.
    I never said keto is bad, but it's not something you recommend to someone with zero information about their specifics.

Doing 20 min 3x a week of cardio will not outpace a poor diet. His time is much better spent on strength training. If he was to bulk (which is terrible advice given his current body composition), cardio would offer him zero benefits if his main goal is aesthetics. Why would you increase your energy expenditure on purpose via cardio if the goal was to bulk, i.e achieve an energy surplus?

i eat about 600g of meat mainly chicke a day (about 150g protein/day). How many lbs do you recommend I cut? Or do I wait for ab definition? I dont have a training program as I have a personal trainer who tells me what to do
    You should be gaining muscle at a good rate while losing fat if your diet and training is in check, so I would not aim for any end weight. Cut until you are satisfied with your BF%, but don't start a lean bulk before you at least see some ab definition.
    It's difficult to say how fast you should be losing weight, it depends on how fast you are gaining muscle as well. 0.5-1 pounds a week is reasonable, I wouldn't advise more because your accretion of muscle mass will mask some of your fat loss.

Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Duckliver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just lift at maintenance you mean?
    No phaggot he has nothing to maintain.

Legit looks like he has never lifted a weight. He doesn’t need to cut, to bulk, etc..

He needs to slightly adjust his diet to be eating a bit healthier (avoid French fries, candy etc..). And show up to the gym regularly. As he starts to get some muscle and strength, start upping protein, watching macros, increasing weights lifted etc..

Your diet can help you break through plateaus too, take advantage of beginner gains and use easy tweaks like fixing diet to help break through your early plateaus.

janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) janglingjack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How can you be taking such a terrible quality photograph in this day and age ffs
    *eggs crew*
    *raiders crew*

JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You should start lifting

Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Duckliver View Post
    No phaggot he has nothing to maintain.

Legit looks like he has never lifted a weight. He doesn’t need to cut, to bulk, etc..

He needs to slightly adjust his diet to be eating a bit healthier (avoid French fries, candy etc..). And show up to the gym regularly. As he starts to get some muscle and strength, start upping protein, watching macros, increasing weights lifted etc..

Your diet can help you break through plateaus too, take advantage of beginner gains and use easy tweaks like fixing diet to help break through your early plateaus.
    Agree with this. Lift weights and make sure you're eating enough protein to gain muscle.
    Unapproved sig line

ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would start with building some muscle.

OP, do yourself a favor and post in the nutrition/losing fat section of this forum in the future to get more qualified responses.

PowerPal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PowerPal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PowerPal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PowerPal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PowerPal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PowerPal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PowerPal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PowerPal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PowerPal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PowerPal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PowerPal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    why are your nipples so low kunt wtf lmao
    not a phaggot

Studies consistently show there is zero difference between keto and high carb diets for both results and performance when it comes to strength training. Main benefit of keto is appetite suppression, which is undesirable on a bulk. Meanwhile it's a super restrictive diet which would prolly be hard for OP to adhere to.
    I never said keto is bad, but it's not something you recommend to someone with zero information about their specifics.

Doing 20 min 3x a week of cardio will not outpace a poor diet. His time is much better spent on strength training. If he was to bulk (which is terrible advice given his current body composition), cardio would offer him zero benefits if his main goal is aesthetics. Why would you increase your energy expenditure on purpose via cardio if the goal was to bulk, i.e achieve an energy surplus?
    "Studies..."

At least cite a source... And not some random website; give me some evidence-based peer reviewed stuff.

"Studies..."

At least cite a source... And not some random website; give me some evidence-based peer reviewed stuff.
    I'm the one claiming a null, so the burden of evidence lies with you. I'll comply anyways. Most studies are confounded by e.g lack of dietary adherence, differences in kcal/protein intake etc. I'd suggest reading past the abstract and looking at tables and methods. If you look at individual studies you can easily find an abstract that favors keto, but the totality of the evidence currently does not support that either is better than the other -> individual preference and specifics should decide whether keto is desirable or not.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22283635
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...1/#!po=38.8889
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5131210/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3411406/
    https://commons.lib.jmu.edu/master201019/109/ (keto group ate ~18354 kcal less than control group, which explains their fat loss -> kcal made the difference, not keto)

ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You look like you’d get some noob gains eat more but count cals so you don’t go too crazy and lift 5 times a week

ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000) ryankoch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PowerPal View Post
    why are your nipples so low kunt wtf lmao
    Lold they are kinda low