ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100)

Hi. New to the forum and seeking advice

Hi Guys,

My name is Chris and I'm 45 yes old.
    I have been in and out of training since the age of 12, first as a 400m sprinter and later on in my mid twenties turned to weight lifting.
    Due to having a family and career commitments from mid thirties up to a year ago I was mainly looking after myself and not training for size.
    Fortunately for me my wife has a job overseas that allows me not to have to work and a year ago I started training intensively and have managed to regain slot of my former size and strength.
    Currently I weigh 92kg, 12% BF and have very good eating habits and follow a good training routine, 6 days a week with each muscle groups worked twice per week with plenty of rest and time to recuperate.
    My dilemma is that since I have managed to put on 17 kg in the last year I seem to have ground to a halt with my weight gain and in contrast to the last year were progress was constant and palpable, now nothing for the last two months. I have and always increase my weights and rotate my excersices to avoid routine and stagnation but I can only gain strength currently but no weight or size increases, I am at a loss as to what to do and was hoping to draw on your experiences to try and break free from this.
    My resolve is unbreakable and I will not give up so I can but only push forward, the aim is to reach 100kg in weight!
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

Chris.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you're not very far off Frank Zane in the off-season but you want to be more Arnold Schwarzenegger at show. You've only managed to put on 17Kg (mostly muscle at 12%) in the last year. Only perhaps 14 or 15Kg of muscle in 12 months?? What were you doing, spinnning your wheels? Sorry you're beyond help if that's all you can manage
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Diet restarted, target 69.x Kg, progress poor so far :(

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    So you're not very far off Frank Zane in the off-season but you want to be more Arnold Schwarzenegger at show. You've only managed to put on 17Kg (mostly muscle at 12%) in the last year. Only perhaps 14 or 15Kg of muscle in 12 months?? What were you doing, spinnning your wheels? Sorry you're beyond help if that's all you can manage

Walter Mitty?.

ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100) ChrisDomain is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Had a medical yesterday for insurance purposes as it turns out I weighed in a 96kg and still at 12% BF, my home scales have been faulty for a while, have now replaced them. So I am still on track to reach my goal.
    I must say that averaging 1.75kg of clean muscle gain monthly is pretty damn good and exactly what I had set myself as a standard.
    Being criticised of spinning my wheels by a 1m77, 73kg and 19%BF guy, whose BF or mass hasn't changed much in a while, is laughable. You should spin your wheels more, clearly need it!
    You are right I am beyond help, beyond help from a person like you, comparing us is akin to comparing the Farnese Hercules greek sculpture to a happy buddha figurine!

As for the Walter Mitty comment, you can take that and put it back where it belongs, where the sun doesn't shine for you!

Hasta la vista losers and thanks for nothing, I'm sure there will be some snappy answers but don't care as I won't read them.

JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JamSumo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi Chris. I also have trained on and off but for 15 years. Looks like you hit a plateau which is normal. Also yes, you will regain your muscle back from before which is also known as muscle memory.

I don't know what routine you are doing but maybe scrap your current routine and do something totally different. My biggest gains (years ago) were from doing rest-pause training and eating like a maniac, like 3000 calories a day. Lookup a training system called DC training which incorporates rest-pause. I cannot post links yet but you can google it. It is a bit brutal but check it out and if you like it then maybe try it and see if it works.

an old saying in bodybuilding goes something like this "everything works but it doesn't work forever" so maybe switching it up to something totally different will work.

eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ChrisDomain View Post
    Had a medical yesterday for insurance purposes as it turns out I weighed in a 96kg and still at 12% BF, my home scales have been faulty for a while, have now replaced them. So I am still on track to reach my goal.
    I must say that averaging 1.75kg of clean muscle gain monthly is pretty damn good and exactly what I had set myself as a standard.
    Being criticised of spinning my wheels by a 1m77, 73kg and 19%BF guy, whose BF or mass hasn't changed much in a while, is laughable. You should spin your wheels more, clearly need it!
    You are right I am beyond help, beyond help from a person like you, comparing us is akin to comparing the Farnese Hercules greek sculpture to a happy buddha figurine!

As for the Walter Mitty comment, you can take that and put it back where it belongs, where the sun doesn't shine for you!

Hasta la vista losers and thanks for nothing, I'm sure there will be some snappy answers but don't care as I won't read them.
    Wow. You seem like a real likable guy.
    "I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.
    -Thomas Jefferson

weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ChrisDomain View Post
    I weighed in a 96kg and still at 12% BF... averaging 1.75kg of clean muscle gain monthly...
    wow. Chris, don't get put off by comments above. We rarely see such exceptional quality here. Care to show yourself? Don't be shy, you are almost stage-ready.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    Wow. You seem like a real likable guy.
    To be fair.. if the guy was genuinely 96Kg @12% and had added 14kg of muscle last year, then my response was the most sh!tty one, not his reply.
    Edit: and I'd apologize