Reply
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User Cautious1's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 167
    Rep Power: 179
    Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cautious1 is offline

    Continue to Cut or Bulk?

    I’ve been cutting for ages now and i’m itching to bulk as I feel skinny.

    Age: 22
    Weight: 74.7KG
    Height: 5”11

    Neck: 36.8cm
    Waist: 80cm
    Hip: 87.6cm

    I put those measurement in a Body fat calculator and it gave me 14.7% BF which sounds way off.

    Here are some old & up to date pics, could you judge my body fat & if you can see If i’ve lost mostly fat or muscle & whether I need to cut longer, if so how much more and longer?

    2019 May, 83.6KG
    https://ibb.co/CQ3m94y
    https://ibb.co/WpgxDJN
    https://ibb.co/GPXG0cZ

    2020 February 15, 74.7KG
    https://ibb.co/jhYYngq
    https://ibb.co/nmj6wQd
    https://ibb.co/9vvg6qG
    https://ibb.co/1QYL6Dn
    Last edited by Cautious1; 02-15-2020 at 05:18 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User Cautious1's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 167
    Rep Power: 179
    Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cautious1 is offline
    Anyone got any advice
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Polamalu Hair Grizvok's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
    Age: 31
    Posts: 6,090
    Rep Power: 10145
    Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Grizvok is offline
    From what I see, I would start increasing caloric consumption by 100/day each week from what you are eating now until you are in a surplus and gaining roughly 2 lbs a month. So say you are eating 2000 currently, next week would be 2100 cals a day, then the next week 2200 cals, etc. I’d go into this process with a target number of how many cals are likely to get you into that sweet spot (a surplus of 200-300 cals/day) so you have a tangible number to stop at and eat for a bit as you see what’s happening on the scale and in the mirror.

    I don’t think you have enough muscle mass to look good even if you strip off some more fat.
    Last edited by Grizvok; 02-15-2020 at 08:06 AM.
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

    All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

    Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

    Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User Cautious1's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 167
    Rep Power: 179
    Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cautious1 is offline
    Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    From what I see, I would start increasing caloric consumption by 100/day each week from what you are eating now until you are in a surplus and gaining roughly 2 lbs a month. So say you are eating 2000 currently, next week would be 2100 cals a day, then the next week 2200 cals, etc. I’d go into this process with a target number of how many cals are likely to get you into that sweet spot (a surplus of 200-300 cals/day) so you have a tangible number to stop at and eat for a bit as you see what’s happening on the scale and in the mirror.

    I don’t think you have enough muscle mass to look good even if you strip off some more fat.
    Okay so your suggesting to lean bulk. I have a rough idea of where my maintenance is but I’ll increase 100 to be sure of where the sweet spot is.

    I want to gain as little fat as possible & gain as much muscle as possible. What’s the best amount of weight to gain a week?

    And what would you say Is my BF %?
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Polamalu Hair Grizvok's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
    Age: 31
    Posts: 6,090
    Rep Power: 10145
    Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Grizvok is offline
    Originally Posted by Cautious1 View Post
    Okay so your suggesting to lean bulk. I have a rough idea of where my maintenance is but I’ll increase 100 to be sure of where the sweet spot is.

    I want to gain as little fat as possible & gain as much muscle as possible. What’s the best amount of weight to gain a week?

    And what would you say Is my BF %?
    Yep, a lean bulk is my suggestion.

    There are other reasons for the +100 cals a week. In general, you don’t want to transition immediately from a cut to a bulk. I’m not sure if Layne Norton coined the term ‘reverse dieting’ but if you want to learn more about the technique you can search for that.

    You definitely aren’t 14.7%, but bodyfat can be difficult to estimate in the case of someone with not much muscle mass. I’d say you are like 18-20%.

    What is your workout routine like?
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

    All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

    Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

    Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User Cautious1's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 167
    Rep Power: 179
    Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cautious1 is offline
    Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    Yep, a lean bulk is my suggestion.

    There are other reasons for the +100 cals a week. In general, you don’t want to transition immediately from a cut to a bulk. I’m not sure if Layne Norton coined the term ‘reverse dieting’ but if you want to learn more about the technique you can search for that.

    You definitely aren’t 14.7%, but bodyfat can be difficult to estimate in the case of someone with not much muscle mass. I’d say you are like 18-20%.

    What is your workout routine like?
    Yeh i’ll have a read on reverse dieting and see what it’s about.

    I agree i’m defo not even around 14%.

    My workout routine is slacking atm. Was just hitting each muscle once a week staying on the same weight or slight more some weeks.

    When I start bulking beginning march I’ll follow the Upper/ Lower routine.

    Would you say 5 months of lean bulking improve my physique and be noticeable?
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Polamalu Hair Grizvok's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
    Age: 31
    Posts: 6,090
    Rep Power: 10145
    Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Grizvok is offline
    Originally Posted by Cautious1 View Post
    Yeh i’ll have a read on reverse dieting and see what it’s about.

    I agree i’m defo not even around 14%.

    My workout routine is slacking atm. Was just hitting each muscle once a week staying on the same weight or slight more some weeks.

    When I start bulking beginning march I’ll follow the Upper/ Lower routine.

    Would you say 5 months of lean bulking improve my physique and be noticeable?
    Just to make sure there isn’t any confusion, in the future you will want to take your lifting during a cut just as seriously as you do during a bulk. Had you done that, we’d be having a slightly different conversation right now. Hindsight is 20/20, but I just wanted to make that point.

    I’d say if you get things very dialed in and gain 10 lbs over those 5 months while crushing it in the gym, you are likely to see a noticeable change. A much more noticeable stage will be after you do a cut following the bulk since it will reveal your gains a bit more.
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

    All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

    Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

    Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User Cautious1's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 167
    Rep Power: 179
    Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cautious1 is offline
    Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    Just to make sure there isn’t any confusion, in the future you will want to take your lifting during a cut just as seriously as you do during a bulk. Had you done that, we’d be having a slightly different conversation right now. Hindsight is 20/20, but I just wanted to make that point.

    I’d say if you get things very dialed in and gain 10 lbs over those 5 months while crushing it in the gym, you are likely to see a noticeable change. A much more noticeable stage will be after you do a cut following the bulk since it will reveal your gains a bit more.
    Yeh from now I’ll take lifting weights as serious on cuts.

    And thanks for the information. Thank you!

    Anyone else’s views also helpful.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User Cautious1's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 167
    Rep Power: 179
    Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cautious1 is offline
    bump
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User Ukiyo3k's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2017
    Location: District, Vietnam
    Age: 48
    Posts: 189
    Rep Power: 0
    Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500)
    Ukiyo3k is offline
    Cut down to 70kg.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts