Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MDSal92 View Post
    This is an exert from Essentials of strength and conditioning 3rd edition Baechle and Earle.
    Yeah, did you miss the part where it says carbs fuel intense exercise?
    The power of carbs compels me!

MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Yeah, did you miss the part where it says carbs fuel intense exercise?
    Your not increasing your V02 Max during weight lifting. Weight lifting is a anaerobic movement.

90% of a 1RM is not the same as 90% of a V02 max. Two very different things.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your not increasing your V02 Max during weight lifting. Weight lifting is a anaerobic movement.

90% of a 1RM is not the same as 90% of a V02 max. Two very different things.
    Dude you're really not up on the science, are you?

You might wanna refer to the link I shared and read more from actual pros who weight-lift, etc, and why they recommend carbs be a primary focus before fats.

MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100) MDSal92 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Dude you're really not up on the science, are you?

You might wanna refer to the link I shared and read more from actual pros who weight-lift, etc, and why they recommend carbs be a primary focus before fats.
    I will give it a look. But like I said, stroke volume will increase during a heavy lift, but that will not correlate to the need for the body to switch from ATP-Pcr to Fast Glycolysis if your training strength. Im never going for over 10 seconds in a set.

So first off like I said, I am training strength.

"Well, anything under about 3 reps (singles or doubles, one jump or one throw at a time, for example) relies on basically pure ATP and doesn’t even rely on the energy system (glycolysis) that utilizes the glucose from glycogen."

"0-1g carbs per lb bodyweight per day: Sedentary work (office job), vehicular commute (taking mostly car, bus, or train to work, gym), low training volume (sets of 3-5 reps or lower)"

So he agrees with me on everything.

You want to eat carbs all day, he is saying Im off by about a slice of bread.......

So first off like I said, I am training strength.

"Well, anything under about 3 reps (singles or doubles, one jump or one throw at a time, for example) relies on basically pure ATP and doesn’t even rely on the energy system (glycolysis) that utilizes the glucose from glycogen."

"0-1g carbs per lb bodyweight per day: Sedentary work (office job), vehicular commute (taking mostly car, bus, or train to work, gym), low training volume (sets of 3-5 reps or lower)"

So he agrees with me on everything.

You want to eat carbs all day, he is saying Im off by about a slice of bread.......
    Yeah, I do want to eat carbs, because they're delicious, they fill me up, I like eating, I get WAY more food variety, they're packed with micros, and I get tons of energy from them... not to mention if you care about calorie balance you get over twice the weight-per-calorie compared to fats.

Why would I not want to eat carbs all day?

You do you man... I'd MUCH prefer eating ~50-60% of calories from carbs compared to 10%... no thank you.

IDK man Id always go with the spinach and kale for micros, add in some walnuts and your all set.

IDK man Id always go with the spinach and kale for micros, add in some walnuts and your all set. But I will give you this, I live on fat free cheese, olive oil, chicken, and BANGs, it suxks...but it works.
    If it sucks, why the hell do you do it?

I eat kale, spinach, all kinds of veggies too, but I also eat oats, sweet potatoes, whole wheat bread, fruits, burritos, granola....

I don't understand why you'd follow a diet you don't like when you don't have to and it's not like it's helping... you're suffering for no reason.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not impressed by Mike's article. Zero references, just a lot of hyperbole. Given that he’s also an enhanced athlete doing multiple training sessions per day I fully understand his preference for higher carb diets but let’s not pretend that this is the only way to get results.

I doubt that anyone who prefers and is accustomed to 100 gram carbs per day doing normal RE training volume will benefit from eating more carbs. If someone has a relevant study showing otherwise let me know.

Long story short: personal preference and individual variability. If you perform and feel well on 100 or 300 gram carbs per day you’re probably fine. Heck even if you prefer keto levels (~0-50 gram) and perform well on it I don't see much wrong with it, assuming you're still getting plenty of fiber, micro and phytonutrients.

If you only people could get out of the 'you must eat like me' mindset.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Not impressed by Mike's article. Zero references, just a lot of hyperbole. Given that he’s also an enhanced athlete doing multiple training sessions per day I fully understand his preference for higher carb diets but let’s not pretend that this is the only way to get results.

I doubt that anyone who prefers and is accustomed to 100 gram carbs per day doing normal RE training volume will benefit from eating more carbs. If someone has a relevant study showing otherwise let me know.

Long story short: personal preference and individual variability. If you perform and feel well on 100 or 300 gram carbs per day you’re probably fine. Heck even if you prefer keto levels (~0-50 gram) and perform well on it I don't see much wrong with it, assuming you're still getting plenty of fiber, micro and phytonutrients.

If you only people could get out of the 'you must eat like me' mindset.
    I agree.

rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    But would you expect that eating >100g carbs would help build muscle during calorie surplus? I know we're talking about weight maintenance here, but I can't shake the feeling that carbs just really help get the nutrients sucked into the muscles peri-workout. Bodybuilders have been chasing the pump effect from GLUT4 for decades--they can't be wrong, right?

Originally Posted by rtpmarine View Post
    But would you expect that eating >100g carbs would help build muscle during calorie surplus? I know we're talking about weight maintenance here, but I can't shake the feeling that carbs just really help get the nutrients sucked into the muscles peri-workout. Bodybuilders have been chasing the pump effect from GLUT4 for decades--they can't be wrong, right?
    Well to be fair, enhanced athletes can do a lot of things natural folks can't and for different reasons.

If it sucks, why the hell do you do it?

I eat kale, spinach, all kinds of veggies too, but I also eat oats, sweet potatoes, whole wheat bread, fruits, burritos, granola....

I don't understand why you'd follow a diet you don't like when you don't have to and it's not like it's helping... you're suffering for no reason.

It sucks because I can't go out to eat because I'm so used to eating stuff drenched in olive oil so nothing tastes good anymore. I have to make all my own meals, so I'm stuck cooking all day.

But it works very well if I'm trying to work on bw ratio lifts. Am also at a disadvantage because my genotype is TT so I'm lacking the actin-3 enzyme. I'm still shoulder pressing well over my weight for reps and sets.

It sucks because I can't go out to eat because I'm so used to eating stuff drenched in olive oil so nothing tastes good anymore. I have to make all my own meals, so I'm stuck cooking all day.

But it works very well if I'm trying to work on bw ratio lifts. Am also at a disadvantage because my genotype is TT so I'm lacking the actin-3 enzyme. I'm still shoulder pressing well over my weight for reps and sets.
    So do you eat this way because you prefer the taste and the foods or because you think you should/have to? I’m just wondering why you’d follow a diet you don’t seem to enjoy...

So do you eat this way because you prefer the taste and the foods or because you think you should/have to? I’m just wondering why you’d follow a diet you don’t seem to enjoy...
    It's literally a mix of both. I know I can eat much better in terms of preformance, but it would be gross. but if you want to look at it like this......I eat the healthiest junk food possable. Lol. If I add carbs I want stuff that tastes good. I can't eat 5 bags of beanitos everyday ya know. So I'd rather just base everything on protine and the Omega ratios. Worst thing I can do is end up eating a bunch of crap that will raise my blood sugar if I'm sitting around all day. Bad for teeth, cell health, causes inflammation, and onco inducing.

Now back to the topic, training this way will ensure you are always burning calories all day, crazy metabolism since your close to ketosis, with high unsaturated fats. With enough protein you will maintain and even strengthen muscle while keeping the bodyfat down. I think this is the simplest way.

It's literally a mix of both. I know I can eat much better in terms of preformance, but it would be gross. but if you want to look at it like this......I eat the healthiest junk food possable. Lol. If I add carbs I want stuff that tastes good. I can't eat 5 bags of beanitos everyday ya know. So I'd rather just base everything on protine and the Omega ratios. Worst thing I can do is end up eating a bunch of crap that will raise my blood sugar if I'm sitting around all day. Bad for teeth, cell health, causes inflammation, and onco inducing.

Now back to the topic, training this way will ensure you are always burning calories all day, crazy metabolism since your close to ketosis, with high unsaturated fats. With enough protein you will maintain and even strengthen muscle while keeping the bodyfat down. I think this is the simplest way.
    Ok, this post here is 99% complete nonsense...

I tried to be open minded but you’re really talking some crazy falsehoods here.

Do what you want, but this is just silly at this point.

Raising blood sugar is not a concern for metabolically healthy people, and unless your meals are purely carbs, then any increase in blood glucose would be mitigated by the fiber, fat, and protein content in that meal.

And cell health and inflammation? What on earth are you talking about? What the heck does ‘onco inducing’ mean?

Ketosis doesn’t burn more calories, nor does being close to it. 100% false.

I’m done talking to you at this point. Have fun believing whatever you want.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 02-18-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    But would you expect that eating >100g carbs would help build muscle during calorie surplus?
    I expect that for some people it will help and for others it won't.

Ok.

So

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

/pubmed/12442909/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

/pubmed/15297079/

Sucrose, glucose, and HFCS are horrible to put into your body when your sitting on your ass all day. It's a pain in the ass to find healthy carb sources with high fiber, low sugar, or a bunch of crap tropical oils added.

So I find it much easier to avoid carbs than have to worry about all that crap. Oncology is the study of cancer. There is a correlation between inactivity, inflammation, and cancer. Most people are inactive. I am very inactive because I'm going through DOMS all the time. Sugar is a prime causer of inflammation. I'm just trying to make it in the long run.

Ok.

So

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

/pubmed/12442909/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

/pubmed/15297079/

Sucrose, glucose, and HFCS are horrible to put into your body when your sitting on your ass all day. It's a pain in the ass to find healthy carb sources with high fiber, low sugar, or a bunch of crap tropical oils added.

So I find it much easier to avoid carbs than have to worry about all that crap. Oncology is the study of cancer. There is a correlation between inactivity, inflammation, and cancer. Most people are inactive. I am very inactive because I'm going through DOMS all the time. Sugar is a prime causer of inflammation. I'm just trying to make it in the long run.
    I’ll let someone else critique you because as far as I’m concerned it’s not worth the effort.

You’re saying many, many inaccurate things.

Carry on.

Also, muscle tissue greatly increases metabolism.

Weight lifting burns calories.

I'm sitting all day, so I don't want to be storing carbs, and have to convert those carbs to sit on my ass energy. I can just eat fat, skips a step.

Also, muscle tissue greatly increases metabolism.

Weight lifting burns calories.

I'm sitting all day, so I don't want to be storing carbs, and have to convert those carbs to sit on my ass energy. I can just eat fat, skips a step.
    Lol wow

I’ll let someone else critique you because as far as I’m concerned it’s not worth the effort.

You’re saying many, many inaccurate things.

Carry on.
    What is inaccurate?

Sugar causes inflammation?

Inflammation causes cancer?

Inactive people shouldn't eat wrong like you shouldn't put oil in a gas tank.

Do you have a degree in sports science?

What is inaccurate?

Sugar causes inflammation?

Inflammation causes cancer?

Inactive people shouldn't eat wrong like you shouldn't put oil in a gas tank.

Do you have a degree in sports science?
    I’m having too much fun watching you sink deeper into nonsense... please keep going

I’m having too much fun watching you sink deeper into nonsense... please keep going
    If I do just bench, shoulder press, and pull ups every 4 days, I can replenish muscle glycogen in that time to prep for the next session. But my primary concern is recovery.

The only thing you posted agreed with my argument, you haven't provided any studies. You just Insult.

If I do just bench, shoulder press, and pull ups every 4 days, I can replenish muscle glycogen in that time to replenish for the next session. But my primary concern in recovery.

The only thing you posted agreed with my argument, you haven't provided any studies. You just Insult.
    It is not an insult to say you’re wrong when you’re wrong. And concerning the vast majority of the recent things you posted, you are.

Bye bye now

So your 140lbs, what do you bench?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's not just about the energy. The nutrients also affect hormones. It can be challenging to stay anabolic without carbs.
    Yes, AMPk signal

sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500)
    Perhaps some liver might help. As I was saying before Ill give it a try for 4 weeks. Even though I hate the taste. Ill just gulp it down with some milk perhaps lol.

sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500)
    This is inspiring me to try it personally. And may be an effective fat loss tool while maintaining in your case.

I can not link url's yet so here goes
    Attached Images
    Last edited by sthooligan; 02-19-2020 at 01:34 AM.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sthooligan View Post
    Perhaps some liver might help. As I was saying before Ill give it a try for 4 weeks. Even though I hate the taste. Ill just gulp it down with some milk perhaps lol.
    Originally Posted by sthooligan View Post
    This is inspiring me to try it personally. And may be an effective fat loss tool while maintaining in your case.

I can not link url's yet so here goes

I think your liver was off this morning???