lifeisodd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question I quit my job and want to transform my skinny body. Optimal daily routine for growth?

Hey everyone,

First post here and I'm very excited. I'm 150 lbs, 5ft 6in with about 25% body fat based on a InBody scan a few months ago.

I have bipolar disorder type 2 and decided to quit my cushy job. I am dedicating the next 90 days to simply transforming my body from skinny fat to as muscular as possible to set good fitness habits for the rest of my life. I needed the break.

My question is what daily routines and tips do I need to MAX this once in a lifetime chance to focus 24/7 to my health? Below are the ideas I'm sure I need to incorporate so far, along with questions.

I'd be honored to hear your thoughts and really push myself to the finish line strong. I really want to push hard on this and let this one goal consume my life for a while, so don't hold back on the fine tuning or scope of your advice. Thanks in advance!

Hypothesis thus far:
    1. Work out no more than 10-11 sets per muscle group per session. Do upper and lower in one workout so that you can work out the same muscle group twice a week (optimal frequency)

2. Two a days: good for strength training in the morning (longer workout) and lighter cardio in the evening. Space the workouts at least 6 hours and eat enough to make up for the strong calorie deficit. Don't do too many of these a week, it's easy to overdo it.

*Does the above contradict with the rule I hear about doing cardio first thing in the morning?

3. Eat plenty of protein and healthy fats. Carbs are necessary more if you are working out frequently, otherwise eat a lower calorie diet due to having plenty of fat on my body already

4. Take naps throughout the day. Sleeping is recovery time and maximizing it will help. I'm thinking go to bed at 9pm and wake up at 7am.

5. I want to incorporate swimming as my cardio. I don't think that changes anything, right?

6. I plan on being in the kitchen a lot these next three months. I know it's important for protein quickly after your workout, so I'll stick to shakes for that. I will try my best to eat consistently smaller meals with more frequency throughout the day.

7. Hydrate heavily. Drink a gallon a day, or at least get close in a realistic way

8. Stretching is important so I'm going to do a lot of it. Can you tell me if there is a benefit to stretching on a workout day versus rest day?

Sorry if this is a lot, or if I broke any rules!

daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    More is not better, especially for a novice.

1) Choose a novice routine from the stickies (example: fierce 5). 3x/week. Allpros is also good for a novice lifter that wants to cut.

2) if you want to lose weight, stay in a caloric deficit. Read the stickies in the nutrition section. It'll take you all of 20 minutes.

3) curb your expectations. 90 days is barely enough time to create a habit of going to the gym, let alone transform your body. You might shed a few pounds of fat, and gain a LITTLE muscle in 90 days. Transform your body? No. It takes years of hard work, consistency, trial & error to transform your body.

This isn't a quick fix, it's a long term commitment. Unless I'm reading your intentions wrong?

Theres a toll in the hall SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Ask very nicely for your job back.

Then spend about 1 hour a day 3-4 days a week doing a routine like Fierce 5 - and tracking calories and protein grams with myfitnesspal.

You aren't going to transform in 90 days even if you dedicate your whole life to it. And you can absolutely make it part of your day to day life without it becoming all consuming - this would be much more healthy for you considering your psychological issues.

Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just to add to the great advice from the above 2 gentlemen.

Those 90 day transformations you see pictures of sometimes come from folks who are either

1) people who have a lot of training experience and have built a respectable amount of muscle mass but have gotten fat and therefore look out of shape but aren't really. Take that person and have them lose 20-30 pounds of fat and they'll look great.

2) someone who actually is currently out of shape from not training but in the past had built respectable lean mass and they start training again. Muscle memory kicks in and this person can put on muscle and lose fat simultaneously.

Losing fat can happen quickly but it takes at least a year, Often more to build enough muscle to look great.

These photos are always taken with poor lighting and bad posture in the before and with great lighting good posture and a pump in the after photo.

Hell sometimes these things are completely fake and photo shopped or people take are on the juice.
    Recent best lifts
    Bench - 235x9, 250x6, 270x1
    Squat - 295x8, 340x5, 355x1
    Deadlift - 430x11, 445x8 455x7, 485x5, 495x1
    OHP - 145x10, 150x9, 155 5x5, 170x6, 190x1(@180 bw)
    3 mile run: 21:59 @ 170 bw.
    BW - 190 Getting fat mode
    531 Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177172201&page=5

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dude, you are in the manic phase of your bipolar disorder, as evidenced by your impulsive decision making and radical new goal setting.

you need to go see a doctor because you know its going to crash down fast.