Jolldan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Anybody Tried Any Oatein Stuff?

Have sort of hit a wall in terms of shedding the weight and im well aware its likely because im eating too much crap at the weekend (got a real bad sweet tooth). So to try and help curb my sugary addiction been thinking about buying few boxes of Oatein products and trying to replace the sugary stuff im eating with something still enjoyable but a little healthier.

They do....

Hype Bar's - Which I think are like there pretty standard protein bars. Millionaire Crunch - Just look like caramel shortbreads. Low Sugar Flapjacks, Brownies and Cookies.

Was just wondering if anyone had tried them before and if they had any recommendations?

Like do they even taste any good?
    Are they actually healthy or healthier? (Remember speaking to a trainer once that said most of these types of things were just packed with sugar)

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The question to ask yourself is how many calories are you eating - and what can you do to reduce that. That's what will determine weight loss.

If these bars have less calories than something they replace - and you can manage your appetite - then maybe they will help.

Jolldan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    The question to ask yourself is how many calories are you eating - and what can you do to reduce that. That's what will determine weight loss.

If these bars have less calories than something they replace - and you can manage your appetite - then maybe they will help.
    Just worked out the average as the measurements are different for some of the flavours and I think that yeah they should probably be a lot lower than a lot of full sugar chocolate and candy I've been eating.

(Think these are the main things I think have to look out for)

Hype Bar - Calories 190, Fat 4g, Of Which Saturates 2.9g, Carbs 21.3, Of Which Is Sugars 1.6g, Protein 18g

Flapjack - Calories 240, Fat 7.8g, Of Which Saturates 4.1g, Carbs 32, Of Which Is Sugars 3.5g, Protein 18g

Millionaire Crunch - Calories 215, Fat 10.6g, Of Which Saturates 6.3g, Carbs 21.6, Of Which Is Sugars 1.25g, Protein 15.2g

Brownie - Calories 250, Fat 8.7g, Of Which Saturates 3g, Carbs 24.5, Of Which Is Sugars 4.6g, Protein 17g

Cookie - Calories 296, Fat 9.6g, Of Which Saturates 4.3g, Carbs 34.2, Of Which Is Sugars 14.3g, Protein 16.5g

One thing I was going to ask is if you knew what (Carbohydrates - of which polyols) means as I wasn't sure if this is something I needed to factor in?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You should work out the totals for your whole diet....

No, carb types make not difference to your main goal of losing weight.