SolidDomo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I, and How Should I Go About Deloading?

I am an 18 year old, and i am currently just below 240lbs, (I lost 20 lbs in the past 2 months), and I’ve done football in high school. Now that the season is over and Im getting ready for college, I’m focusing more on my health by losing weight and getting more into weightlifting.

I currently squat 335 as a 1RM, with terrible form though. I always had problems with my form. It really became apparent when I squatted 5x6 at 255. I have terrible knee caving and I do “goodmorning” squats. These problems are pretty extreme and very noticeable. This is how I learned it when I started a couple years ago, and haven’t changed. This has caused me to have some lower back problems, but just strains nothing too bad, but I don’t want to injure them any more. Short story is, my squat form is very very bad and I try to fix it but it’s hard to when i’m squatting around 80% of my max.

I’ve done some research and was looking into deloading, but I still don’t know much about it, but I think it would be the best option for me to finally fix the form. Do you think this would also be the best for me, and how should I go about it? Like should I start with just the bar and increase by some weight each time I squat?

ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It sounds like you need to work on form rather than simply deload. In that case, just lower the weight to something you can squat with good form, and work back up from there with good form.

A deload is usually to dissipate fatigue from a long bout of heavy training. It's a good idea to do it regularly in your training, but your issue now sounds like form. Work on that.
    Currently running Calgary Barbell 8 Week:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1596837361&viewfull=1#post1596837361

Burger bulk crew
    Squats in socks crew
    Straps crew
    I do what the f* I wanna do crew

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, that's not a deload. That's just practicing form at a lighter weight until you get it right.

If your form is that bad, starting with the bar is a good idea. You can add weights to the bar each set as you get form right. When it's that light, it's just practice and you don't have to treat it like your regular workout until it becomes a bit challenging.