sandman2019 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sandman2019 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sandman2019 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sandman2019 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sandman2019 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sandman2019 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sandman2019 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sandman2019 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sandman2019 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sandman2019 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sandman2019 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Does stress make you look worse?

I feel like sometimes when i'm very stressed, training hard, not sleeping as muchas usual i actually end up looking worse, my face seems dull, looks like i gained a bit of weight but i know it's impossible as you cant gain that much weight to look different in 1 week but does this happen to anyone else?
    i'm thinking maybe high cortisol = look puffy bloated in the face/body?
    Never stop ascending, Never stop improving, Never stop learning, Never stop believing.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Of course it can...
    The power of carbs compels me!

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's not just high cortisol. Poor sleep, poor nutrition, emotional stress... all factors that can make you look worse. Happens to probably everyone on the planet at some point.
    Currently: traveling

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Netherlands - 2020

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not sure, I've wondered the same. However I find when I'm highly stressed I don't feel like eating, and I rush my workout. Whether the stress itself and release of cortisol makes much difference I have no idea, but I'd suggest the side effects of your behaviour (like not eating in my case) would play a major part if it went on for an extended period.

rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sandman2019 View Post
    I feel like sometimes when i'm very stressed, training hard, not sleeping as muchas usual i actually end up looking worse, my face seems dull, looks like i gained a bit of weight but i know it's impossible as you cant gain that much weight to look different in 1 week but does this happen to anyone else?
    i'm thinking maybe high cortisol = look puffy bloated in the face/body?
    Cushing's Syndrome (rounded face, bizarre fat distribution) is the long-term effect of cortisol imbalance. Indeed it has a very significant effect. Even without adding new fat per se, it can affect the distribution of fat, making your muscly parts (chest, arms, shoulders, quads, etc.) look flat.

Lots of things can throw off your glucocorticoid balance, but sleep is probably the most common culprit. You should notice that when stress is low it's easier to both lose weight and gain weight as you wish.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by rtpmarine View Post
    Cushing's Syndrome (rounded face, bizarre fat distribution) is the long-term effect of cortisol imbalance. Indeed it has a very significant effect. Even without adding new fat per se, it can affect the distribution of fat, making your muscly parts (chest, arms, shoulders, quads, etc.) look flat.

Lots of things can throw off your glucocorticoid balance, but sleep is probably the most common culprit. You should notice that when stress is low it's easier to both lose weight and gain weight as you wish.
    Did you seriously just imply you're own ability to diagnose Cushing's Syndrome over the internet?

Wow... just... wow.

I know it's Friday, but you're already going crazy before the work day is even over....

rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Did you seriously just imply you're own ability to diagnose Cushing's Syndrome over the internet?

Wow... just... wow.

I know it's Friday, but you're already going crazy before the work day is even over....
    You need to calm TF down, tutz. I'm answering his question that yes, cortisol is known to affect fat distribution, in particular softness of the face. If you seriously think I am telling him that he has that disorder, you should probably go see a therapist about your RDS (Rtpmarine Derangement Syndrome).

You need to calm TF down, tutz. I'm answering his question that yes, cortisol is known to affect fat distribution, in particular softness of the face. If you seriously think I am telling him that he has that disorder, you should probably go see a therapist about your RDS (Rtpmarine Derangement Syndrome).
    Uh, i'm pretty calm... are you able to read emotions over a forum post?

And your first two words were 'Cushing Syndrome'.

So, yeah, I do think you're implying something that you shouldn't be.

How about instead of me seeing a therapist, you do us all a favor and just stop posting your BS... I cannot think of a single time you've posted here where multiple people (not just myself) has expressed their disdain of your presence. Pretty sure you're the only one who values your opinion.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Pretty sure you're the only one who values your opinion.
    Pretty sure that replying "Of cours it can..." is about as useless as it gets.

Pretty sure that replying "Of cours it can..." is about as useless as it gets.
    He asked a yes or no question, he got a yes or no answer.

Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Y'all chill. You're making my body flood with cortisol by reading these posts...
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I'm really stressed I look depleted af. Or maybe it's just my body dysmorphia. Either way, I think it plays a role on aesthetics, as well as the other way around. When I'm relaxed and feel good I feel like I look much better.
    Squat 245x5
    Bench 170x5
    Row 170x5
    Dead 275x5
    Overhead press 130x4