WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Switching Low Rep (Strength) >>>> SHRT (Super High Rep Training)?

I wanted to just here you guys input on what would happen to my body physically, as I've been highly considering this lately. Long story short, I started training about two years back from over 10 years off. Over a decade ago, I use to train with (SHRT) by doing 1,000 plus push ups a day, 250+ dips a day, and 100+ pull ups per day. I had excellent results and my body cut and was super hard and toned.

For the past two years, I've been training extremely low rep to moderate rate. I've been training 1-5 rep range for two years, have gotten super strong. (+100 lbs on pull ups, +135 lbs on dips, +350 bench, + 350 squat, +400 deadl.)

I've thrown in some hypertrophy sets and accessory work after all of my heavy sets and reached my goal, which was first strength, second, hypertrophy. I've went from 137 lbs to 182 lbs today, by using mostly heavy weight and progressive overload to force my muscles to grow week in and week out. I feel powerful and strong today.

However, I have this urge or "feeling" that after two years of heavy progressive overload, that my body would benefit greatly from developing some endurance and working with (SHRT) for a while. I'm thinking about following a similar template to my old SHRT, except cutting the volume and adding a little weight, and using progressive overload with light weights.

In Example:
    500 Weighted Push Ups (+ 15 lbs added) +Increase 5 lbs per week.
    250 Weighted Dips (+ 25 lbs added) +Increase 5 lbs per week.
    150 Weighted Pull Ups (+ 10 lbs added) +Increase 2.5 lbs per week.)

And stick with HEAVY for my dead's and squats.

Basically, I'm planning to still use progressive overload. But instead of going all out heavy 1-5 reps progressively, switching over to EXTREMELY HIGH rep, using light weight with progressive overload. I feel I've gained PLENTY of strength to where I'm happy. But I'm lacking on endurance and I'll also gain a bit of hypertrophy this way.

I also feel this will be a GREAT change after two years of heavy training and will shock my muscles 100% again. I also plan to go back to super heavy strength training later on again, but I also feel the above routine will enable me to give my tendons and weak areas time to catch up instead of pushing them to the max every week, as the heavier I go, the more injury prone I become. Any input and ideas?

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you can increase your weighted dips by 5 pounds a week, by the start of 2021 you'll be pound for pound one of the strongest people in the planet.

Good luck.

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Meet yourself in the middle and do moderate reps, 12-20 maybe. They should get better results than either way and be better on the joints.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    if you can manage to not develop any joint soreness, aches and pains doing all of this, and still manage to do heavy compounds, then go ahead and try it

probably a lot better and more efficient ways to develop endurance however. and i'll argue that extremely high volumes/reps is probably more injury inducing

FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WeightedDip View Post
    Over a decade ago, I use to train with (SHRT) by doing 1,000 plus push ups a day, 250+ dips a day, and 100+ pull ups per day.
    lol

Where were you doin' time?
    Calls 'em like I sees 'em Crew
    Suomalainen Crew
    Feels like a manlet around Amazonian women Crew
    Gets turned on when looking in the mirror Crew