AlistarWannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlistarWannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlistarWannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlistarWannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlistarWannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlistarWannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlistarWannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlistarWannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlistarWannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlistarWannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlistarWannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Full body vs upper/lower please help

I have tried full body then went to doing upper lower split, but now i have a feeling that i should go back to upper lower.

How can i decide between these 2 splits which one is better for where im at?

paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AlistarWannabe View Post
    I have tried full body then went to doing upper lower split, but now i have a feeling that i should go back to upper lower.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. You could criteria such as "which program better fits in with my time/schedule or is more convenient?" Sometimes it's a good idea to change splits, just to stress your muscles in a way they are not used to.

Maybe keep the current split you are on now, for 6 months. After 6 months go to the other split. 6 months could also be 3 or 9 months. You could even do a PushPullLegs split for 6 month (or 3 or 9).

Whatever split you choose, be consistent and apply linear progression (add more weight/sets/reps).

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AlistarWannabe View Post

Where are you at?

And what are the exact splits you’re considering? Any routine can be good or bad depending on how you set it up and allocate volume.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    As the others have said, there is no one right answer. There is an answer that's right for you, right now. But maybe not another time. We can't tell you which is better for where you're at, because you haven't told us where you're at. And even if you did, we still aren't quite in your lifting shoes. You have to decide yourself.

The good news is, it's not a life or death decision. You won't succeed or fail based on which choice you make. Both can work. One of them might work a little better depending on your exact needs.
    I'm out, standing in my field.

64 and still a newbie.

daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000) daudi81 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How are we supposed to help you if you don't give us your routines / background / or any other info?

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As everyone else has stated it really will make absolutely minimal difference. Personally other then my messing about period (were I tried body part split) I have only ever ran full body or upper body.

Both are great when set up right and generally comes down to volume vs intensity divide, recovery ability and what days you want to work out. Other then that all splits can work and should be the least of your concern how you progress is much more important.