Gimpy191 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Any tips for bulking/gaining strength

15 year old male

Right now I weigh 170 lb and 6ft tall (maybe 15% or less bf. I have no weigh of measuring except comparing pictures)

I’d like to get to 185-90 at least by August(it’s early February right now)

Id also like to sky rocket my strength

As of right now I did a TDEE thing and I eat in a caloric surplus just enough to see anywhere from .5-1 lb of weight gain weekly.

I also have a push pull legs 6 days a week split.

I try to progressive overload as much as I can

I also make sure to get enough grams of carbs and proteins by tracking with my fitness pal

Any other tips I can use to bulk and rapidly increase strength? And yes I obviously do lots of compound movements(bench shoulder press deadlift sqaut rows dips pull-ups etc.)

Also I heard that lower reps build more strength so I can try that

(Also I don’t want to gain too much fat but I’d like to stay as lean as I can. I’m just bulking for football. Also been training for 1 year if that matters)

Any feedback is appreciated

Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are 15, tdee calculations and calorie counting is useless and counter productive to your growth.

You have the testosterone of a raging bull, splitting hairs to that level is a waste of your time and energy!!

Eat as much as you can and continue to workout hard. What are your current lifts and experience level? Guessing you would make more progress on something other than a PPL routine but your response will determine that.

Gimpy191 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jcart159 View Post
    You are 15, tdee calculations and calorie counting is useless and counter productive to your growth.

You have the testosterone of a raging bull, splitting hairs to that level is a waste of your time and energy!!

Eat as much as you can and continue to workout hard. What are your current lifts and experience level? Guessing you would make more progress on something other than a PPL routine but your response will determine that.

Been working out for a little more than 1 year

Bench-165 1 rep max
    Squat-225 1 rep
    Deadlift-275 1 rep
    Shoulder press-120 1 rep max

What do you suggest other than PPL

1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Best advice: Never be hungry. Make consistent progress on your lifts. You will grow.
    Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If u dont care about getting a little fat, just eat a lot and workout hard. Go for heavier weights each time. That's all it really takes.
    Squat 245x5
    Bench 170x5
    Row 170x5
    Dead 275x5
    Overhead press 130x4

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Jcart159 View Post

Originally Posted by 1MANU View Post
    Best advice: Never be hungry. Make consistent progress on your lifts. You will grow.
    ^ There you go OP, stay full on good wholesome protein rich foods and work hard.

Do an expert designed routine, aim to get stronger and do more work over time (more reps, more weight or more sets) and that's basically it.