NidarosAlex88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Workout plan after shoulder surgery

Hi,

Can someone who has some experience take a look at my self-made program.
    The reason io made it is because I have 2 shoulder operations and I can't do back squats and press whit good technique because of some mobility/ligament problems.

I have some experience whit strength training from doing Stronglifts/SS on and off.
    The goal is strengt and a healthy body.
    I train in the mornings before the job.

The program looks like this:

Monday: Lower.
    - Front squat 3x5
    - RDL 3x8
    - Hip thrust in cable machine 3x10

Tuesday: Upper front and back.
    - Bench 3x5 superset whit wide Pulldowns 3x10 or Neutral grip pullups.
    - Siting shoulder DB press 3x5-8 superset whit bentover row 3x8-10.
    - Dips 3xF superset whit incline DB curls 3x10 and 3x15 facepuls.

Wednesday: Rest.

Thursday: Lower.
    - Front squat 5x5 (same weight as Monday)
    - RDL 3x8 (same weight as Monday)
    - Hip thrust in cable machine 3x10 (same weight as Monday)

Friday: Upper front.
    - Bench 5x5(same weight as Tuesday)
    - Siting shoulder DB press 3x5/same weight as Tuesday.
    - Dips 3xF
    - DB lateral Raise 3x10superset whit DB triceps extension3x10

Saturday: Lower and back.
    - Puldowns 3x10 or (Pullups 3xF)
    - BOR 3x8-10
    - Bulgarian split squat pyramid.
    (15reps 10lbs - 12 reps 20lbs – 8reps 40lbs - 12 reps 20lbs - 15reps 10lbs ->Next leg)
    - Lying leg curls 3x10
    - Bent over DB rows 3x10(on bench)
    - Facepuls

Sunday: Rest.

Increase weights on every exercise next week.
    What would you guys maybe change up?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    why are both lowers the same protocols?
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    why are both lowers the same protocols?
    The second lower workout is 2 more sets on the squat. The thought is progressive overload whit more volume.
    Would you change it up whit high rep on that day?
    Last edited by NidarosAlex88; 02-13-2020 at 09:40 AM.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NidarosAlex88 View Post
    The second lower workout is 2 more sets on the squat. The thought is progressive overload whit more volume.
    Would you change it up whit high rep on that day?
    perhaps, though I'd favour a bit more volume on the main day (earlier in the week) and maybe a 4x4 2ct paused front or similar on the second day.
    I'd prob sub one RDL for a stiff leg dead. Probably the first day personally.

I don't generally see a good reason to run the exact same movement more than once a week, I think we get more value from variation even if it's only 1 step different assistance like pause/pin work
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    perhaps, though I'd favour a bit more volume on the main day (earlier in the week) and maybe a 4x4 2ct paused front or similar on the second day.
    I'd prob sub one RDL for a stiff leg dead. Probably the first day personally.

I don't generally see a good reason to run the exact same movement more than once a week, I think we get more value from variation even if it's only 1 step different assistance like pause/pin work
    Have to read about the stiff leg dead, never done them, are they more focused on back than hams? What about the volume on back exercises, is it a little to low? And is superseting bench and pullups stupid?

sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500) sthooligan is not very helpful. (-500)
    How long ago was your final surgery, and whats your doc saying about fitness and post surg therapy?

I might of been overly careful when I broke my clavicle. Then again, I think it was wise. 1 step ahead 4 back, how the saying goes. It was 9 months before I took on heavier tasks. At 10 -11 months I began getting more serious in the gym. But. I'd go 4 to 5 cycles before increasing weight. In small incriments to build strength and confidence. Squats took the longest to regularly add in to my routine. I hate injuries (underscored).
    Attached Images
    Last edited by sthooligan; 02-14-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Originally Posted by sthooligan View Post
    How long ago was your final surgery, and whats your doc saying about fitness and post surg therapy?

I might of been overly careful when I broke my clavicle. Then again, I think it was wise. 1 step ahead 4 back, how the saying goes. It was 9 months before I took on heavier tasks. At 10 -11 months I began getting more serious in the gym. But. I'd go 4 to 5 cycles before increasing weight. In small incriments to build strength and confidence. Squats took the longest to regularly add in to my routine. I hate injuries (underscored).
    The last surgery was about 6 years ago. My shoulder did dislocate in front and was very lose before the operation. ater that one my shoulder is very tight and raising it above head I not possible, so standing press forces me in bending back. The doctor just sent me to one of the standard physios after surgery, did some rotator cuffs training. It has helped a lot to massage triggers in lats and stretches triceps and lats for mobility. I also stretch and massage the small pech, it's also intensely tight!

ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try upright rowing 1rep maxes.

Originally Posted by ExiledFromFit View Post
    Instead of squat 3x5 or 5x5

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ExiledFromFit View Post
    This is terrible advice. Upright rows are one of the worst exercises for shoulder health.

Check out Athlean-X free youtube videos. Jeff recovered from shoulder surgery and has a lot of videos focusing on good form and training around shoulder issues.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    This is terrible advice. Upright rows are one of the worst exercises for shoulder health.
    He was being facetious

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As someone with a history of shoulder problems I would cut out any overhead pressing with the exception of high rep, very lightweight DB work, with a slow controlled eccentric. Dips are murder on those with bad shoulders as well so hold off on them as well.

Flat bench and Lateral raises depending on how you do them could also lead to regression as well, so be careful with them as well.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    He was being facetious
    My bad, I should have realized OP posted this in misc and that was to be expected.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    My bad, I should have realized OP posted this in misc and that was to be expected.
    That is more the OPs fault than anyone’s lol