2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

When dieting for fat loss, are certain foods off limits?

When dieting for fat loss, are certain foods off limits?

While there aren't specific foods that will halt fat loss if you eat them, there are food choices that will make dieting harder for you.

Foods that make dieting harder are low in volume and calorie dense. This means you don't get to take many bites of them (low volume) and they provide a high calorie count (calorie dense) in a small amount of bites.

So something like candy would be calorie dense. It's compact, has a bunch of carb calories, and won't keep you full. Or something like a glass of fruit juice. Again, it's compact, has a ton of calories, and won't keep you full. More examples of this would be any full fat dairy products, such as creamer or cheese. These products add up in calories quickly without much volume at all.

So when you make your food choices, especially as calories continue to decrease into your fat loss phase, food volume becomes more and more important.

This is why people often turn to vegetables and low calorie versions of the normal foods they like. These foods aren't as calorie dense and give you substance to fill up on, which are two helpful traits for dieting foods to possess.

Dieting becomes easier when you're fuller longer and also are able to take more bites and enjoy your meals. With helpful food choices, you can experience these things while dieting.

What are some of your favorite high volume/low calorie foods?
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You'll find that most people in this forum are fully aware that no single food will stop you from losing fat, and that some foods are more/less satiating than others.

That being said, my favorite low-caloric density foods:

Massive Greek Salad Bowls
    Oatmeal
    Zucchini
    Squash
    Greek Yogurt
    Strawberries
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Greek yogurt
    Stir fry (whatever veg you like)
    Grapes
    Turkey Breast
    Potatoes
    Mushrooms
    Melon
    Skimmed milk

That will do I could go on and on.

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    High cals:

Very early on I switched mayonnaise for a really low-calorie variety. It's amazing how many calories are in just a few spoons of regular mayo. If I have a take-away kebab I'll use my own mayo at home; if I'm out then I don't have the mayo any longer.

I generally avoid chocolate because I love it and could consume mountains of it, and it's basically like blocks of hardened fat so very high in calories. I'll buy a bar now and again but I'll make it last me a few days by having a few squares every day.

My treat after my workout is one Reece's Peanut Butter cup.

If I need to bump my calories up for the day then peanut butter or mixed nuts are what I tend to use.

Low cal:

I make homemade kebabs pretty regularly from chicken and lamb, but now I throw in lots of lettuce, tomato, pickled cabbage, onion and peppers to help fill me up.

When I have chinese takeaway I'll cook a massive bowl of onion, peppers and shredded carrot to go with it.

I have zero fat natural yoghurt with a bowl of blackberries twice a day.

I've been enjoying rice cakes recently with Marmite on. Not super low in calories but not particularly high either.

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    High cals:

Very early on I switched mayonnaise for a really low-calorie variety. It's amazing how many calories are in just a few spoons of regular mayo. If I have a take-away kebab I'll use my own mayo at home; if I'm out then I don't have the mayo any longer.

I generally avoid chocolate because I love it and could consume mountains of it, and it's basically like blocks of hardened fat so very high in calories. I'll buy a bar now and again but I'll make it last me a few days by having a few squares every day.

If I need to bump my calories up for the day then peanut butter or mixed nuts are what I tend to use.

Low cal:

I make homemade kebabs pretty regularly from chicken and lamb, but now I throw in lots of lettuce, tomato, pickled cabbage, onion and peppers to help fill me up.

When I have chinese takeaway I'll cook a massive bowl of onion, peppers and shredded carrot to go with it.

I've been enjoying rice cakes recently with Marmite on. Not super low in calories but not particularly high either.
    Some seriously good ideas and explanations here. I like how you order out still with the kebabs and Chinese, but then modify it at home. That's actually a really good idea that could help a ton of people.

Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    High cals:

Low cal:

Whats a good replacement for mayo? in Tuna pasta

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Trigger warning, this post isn't helpful in the slightest.

I maintain around 3k cals usually, so if i want to lose weight I just avoid liquid calories cuz I don't need them.
    and don't eat sweets, which I dont have loads of anyway
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cautious1 View Post
    For pasta I would recommend

Tinned tomatoes
    Natural Yogurt
    Peppers blended
    Add a vinaigrette
    Use spices instead Cajun is pretty good (especially is add bacon)

Based on the thread you are talking about low calorie options?

If not salad cream (there are lower calorie versions)

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    For pasta I would recommend

Tinned tomatoes
    Natural Yogurt
    Peppers blended
    Add a vinaigrette
    Use spices instead Cajun is pretty good (especially is add bacon)

Based on the thread you are talking about low calorie options?

If not salad cream (there are lower calorie versions)
    Also, you'd be surprised how versatile greek yogurt can be... if you use greek yogurt in place of cream cheese, especially if it's 1% or 2% greek yogurt (as opposed to non-fat), it really can mimic the creaminess you're looking for.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Also, you'd be surprised how versatile greek yogurt can be... if you use greek yogurt in place of cream cheese, especially if it's 1% or 2% greek yogurt (as opposed to non-fat), it really can mimic the creaminess you're looking for.
    I agree prefer it in curries as well as I am not a fan of coconut so I try and avoid too much coconut milk in my curries (or lower the calories). So as you said if you want a creamy base its great adding this and the taste kinda adopts the flavours added.

I agree prefer it in curries as well as I am not a fan of coconut so I try and avoid too much coconut milk in my curries (or lower the calories). So as you said if you want a creamy base its great adding this and the taste kinda adopts the flavours added.
    I've actually made some amazing savory and spicy dips/sauces with greek yogurt in place of milk, etc.

If you blend greek yogurt, roasted eggplant, jalapenos/peppers, salt, spices, etc, you can make some pretty amazing dips and spreads for toast, bagels, or even meats and for use as a salad dressing...

BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    surprised nobody has mentioned tuna. People still scared of mercury?
    USMC 0311
    *Ice Hockey/Lacrosse Crew*
    *fukkin zeezbrah when pickin up chicks but do one thing to fuk it up/cant sustain after that night crew*
    *C7 GS Vette Crew*

Originally Posted by BullittEV View Post
    surprised nobody has mentioned tuna. People still scared of mercury?
    You do know that mercury in fish is a real thing, right?

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

That being said, my favorite low-caloric density foods:

Massive Greek Salad Bowls
    Oatmeal
    Zucchini
    Squash
    Greek Yogurt
    Strawberries

Greek yogurt
    Stir fry (whatever veg you like)
    Grapes
    Turkey Breast
    Potatoes
    Mushrooms
    Melon
    Skimmed milk

That will do I could go on and on.

Hmmm. FFO material

Thanks brahs
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BullittEV has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    of course

but you don't need to completely cut it out.
    USMC 0311
    *Ice Hockey/Lacrosse Crew*
    *fukkin zeezbrah when pickin up chicks but do one thing to fuk it up/cant sustain after that night crew*
    *C7 GS Vette Crew*

Originally Posted by BullittEV View Post
    of course

but you don't need to completely cut it out.
    Nobody said you did.... personally I think canned tuna is gross... canned fish in general actually.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I remember reading something recently about how mercury poisoning from tuna is a bit overblown, especially tuna products high in selenium. If I recall correctly, the selenium in fish that have high quantities of mercury has a binding or neutralizing effect on mercury buildup in the body. Any knowledge on this?

I know anecdotally that before I even read up on mercury, I ate tuna everyday and never ran into glaring problems that I know of. Probably something you'd still want to have caution with, but I do think it's nothing to be scared out of your mind about.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    I remember reading something recently about how mercury poisoning from tuna is a bit overblown, especially tuna products high in selenium. If I recall correctly, the selenium in fish that have high quantities of mercury has a binding or neutralizing effect on mercury buildup in the body. Any knowledge on this?

I know anecdotally that before I even read up on mercury, I ate tuna everyday and never ran into glaring problems that I know of. Probably something you'd still want to have caution with, but I do think it's nothing to be scared out of your mind about.
    I haven't heard about selenium in this context, but issues with mercury take time to build up in the body. It's not something you're going to notice right away, but if you do it for decades, etc, that's when you start to have problems and clearing them out takes time, some damage even being irreversible.

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    Some seriously good ideas and explanations here. I like how you order out still with the kebabs and Chinese, but then modify it at home. That's actually a really good idea that could help a ton of people.
    Yeah, I love Chinese food and one dish in particular. So rather than having a huge blowout once a month (which is what I used to do) I'll have my favourite dish more frequently, but cook my own veg and rice. I'm more in control of the ingredients (particularly oil and sodium) and the veg and rice is just filler anyway. It also works out cheaper.

Originally Posted by Cautious1 View Post
    In the UK low cal mayo is barely any different calorie-wise to regular mayo. However Heinz and the main supermarkets here do a "lighter than light" version which really is lower in calories, so I use that. I mix in black pepper and chopped garlic to give it a bit more pezzaz.

I've found that American mustard is a pretty decent and low calorie condiment for things like gammon, sausage and tuna.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Favorite low cal high volume food is air popped popcorn. A spritz of Olive oil cooking spray to make the salt stick.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Favorite low cal high volume food is air popped popcorn. A spritz of Olive oil cooking spray to make the salt stick.
    You should try using sriracha if you haven't... it's pretty great.

You can basically add little dots of it all over the bowl and it gives it a nice kick.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    off topic question: did you create the username "2020Wellness" in 2007 (your join date)?

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    off topic question: did you create the username "2020Wellness" in 2007 (your join date)?
    I created it before then, but that's when I created the account here on bb.com.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Nice. My wife is obsessed with popcorn and has some every day. And ya, you gotta have salt with it!